It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Schizophrenic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

I had a very good friend of mine, whose sister (older) was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in her mid 20s. About 5 or so years of dealing with this she committed suicide. (God Bless Her)
Later on, my friend told me that her sister would say things that wouldn't make any sense until long after she said them. One case I can give as an example is this.
The two were eating together, fish... Tilapia to be exact. So the older sister (Schizo-diagnosed) said, "I feel like I'm eating dead people."
Sometime later my friend says she read an article about how there was this place that our tilapia came from, but there was mass amounts of dead people (from a war or something) and that the government threw all the dead bodies in the body of water with the Tilapia. The fish eat the dead bodies, in turn making the fish very huge, and then that particular government sold this fish to the USA. (I did not read the article, if anyone knows of it please let me know.)
I also have an Aunt who is diagnosed Paranoia-Shizophrenic. She thought a news reporter was after her. Talking or threatening her over the radio, on tv, and even thought her step-dad was HER and she stabbed him with a fork. She is a bit on the wild side even 40 years after that incident. But in her case the issue was drugs. I guess her doctor told my grandma (her mom) that it could be genetic or drug induced.
Now that I read this OP I wonder if her being PAranoia-Schizo is different than some other versions?
My friends story is rather compelling I think. I have said for many years that people with mental illnesses, special needs, and some other things we might consider abnormal are really less attached to this world. Therefore very intuitive, physic even?! They don't get fooled so easily by society to BE a certain way or ACT or LIVE a certain way to be NORMAL.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

I see what your getting at. I had a neighbor as well that I felt what if they're not crazy but just very open to energy or the most extreme form of psychic. I guess it would drive you crazy just like empathetic have problems or physical mediums have issues to a lesser degree.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of Brian Ladd?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

aerial
schizophrenic isnt nice all I can tell you, its mostly bad, its like a virus, wanting to kill yourself.
Visual is prety bad as well, you can imagine up people right infront of your eyes, thinking
its real and yet it'll disappear, I believe its blending in with the dreaming part of the lobe of the brain,
where it becomes more active.
Its as bad as psychosis, worser forms of visual, where the world melts right infront of your eyes.
Never ends.

I think you could be onto something there... I've been hospitalised several times for psychosis and they diagnosed me as a paranoid schizophrenic. I am also a natural born lucid dreamer with frequent lucid dreams that occur without effort. I first discovered this ability at age 4. In many ways I prefer dream life to real life because of the freedom it provides, the ability to directly manipulate your own reality and control it, to explore and take advantage of your own unique gifts, powers and talents. It very well could be that my dreaming part of the brain is more pronounced or active than other parts.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have a friend who's cousin was diagnosed with schizophrenia. To be sure, he had some very strange and seemingly typical visual hallucinations, but along with them he would exhibit that type of prophetic action you mention. Such as, they'd be turning the TV on and he'd start talking about what episode of whatever show was on, before the TV was turned on. He could finish lines from TV and movies, etc.
It's certainly unique.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Clairvoyance has traditionally, throughout European cultures, been considered a symptom of mental instability, whether schizophrenic or other diagnoses. There have been shamans who could have been described as schizophrenic as it translates into
American socialized culture….
People have been burned at the stake for being clairvoyant, and accused of being witches and worse…...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ive had voices that told me yes or no responses to my questions, once they led me to a photograph among 3 walls of hundreds. I believe schizophrenia, psychics, hauntings, evp, seeing ghosts, time-dimension anomalies are results of technologies

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One of my best friends was diagnosed as a bi-polar schizophrenic. Someone I've know since middle school. Over the years a lot of misbehaving and trips to the psych ward resulted in this diagnosed. For years when he would tell the psychologist that he sees and hears things they just blamed in on his illicit drug use. Eventually he was committed to the 28 day type of a program with drug tests and the good doctors decided that maybe it was not illicit drug use that was causing this.

Over a few years and a lot of experimenting with different cocktails of anti-psychotics they think they have his symptoms under control.

I met my friend in the gifted class in middle school. I have to admit his medication has made him very dull.

I do feel strongly that anti-psychotic meds block one's ability to channel those extra senses most are not aware of.
edit on 8-6-2014 by jrod because: typO gremlins

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Back in the early 90's A friend of a friend...who had been in and out of psych hospital...and psychiatrists for a so called mental disorder...told me when I was 12 weeks pregnant that the baby had died..or to something to that effect...I did not worry...but a couple of days later I had a miscarriage...at the time she told me... I was well and felt ok..she had always seen and heard things...maybe as others have said...she was not schizophrenic..just gifted.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You might find the theories of the Scottish psychologist R.D. Laing interesting, here is a famous quote of his:

Mystics and schizophrenics find themselves in the same ocean, but the mystics swim whereas the schizophrenics drown.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join