Prophetic Schizophrenic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A friend of mine is schizophrenic. He hears voices that tell him things, never what to do, just facts about the world, people, and current events. But the facts are true most of the time, and it's definitely not obvious information either. There are a lot of coincidences about how he will be saying something at exactly the same time as someone else, and he is not a twin; his motions will seem to start before he could possibly react; when you don't understand something he says or does, something happens later that triggers your comprehension; and he knows things before they happen. He says it's because of the voices. Has anyone ever heard of a prophetic schizophrenic? Can imaginary voices tell you about real things?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
True schizophrenics aren't prophetic, and the voices are usually insulting (such as "you suck, you're a failure, everybody hates you"). Occasionally they think they hear voices from God, or command hallucinations (such as "chop off your arm because a demon inhabits it"). Auditory hallucinations are the most common, followed by visual hallucinations, olfactory and gustatory (smell and taste).

Therefore, I have to wonder.....how many prophets are misdiagnosed schizophrenics? That they are not truly mentally ill, but because medical science doesn't believe in auditory prophecy, they are labeled as mentally ill and given antipsychotics?

Something to ponder. Does you friend's issue impact his ability to live normally?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I have to think about it. I'll be watching the responses.
I've not heard of someone with this mental illness having profound prophetic abilities.
But ... I suppose it could happen. Why not?
The mental illness wouldn't be causing the prophetic abilities ...
The person would have the abilities DESPITE the mental illness. IMHO

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

He functions better than most, good around company, well mannered, not sporatic.

FlyersFan- i'm not saying his mental illness causes his prophetic abilities, but it is manifested through it, so without his illness he would not be prophetic

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can relate to this thread as i am schizophrenic.
I dont hear voices that often, and they are never prophetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Interesting .. never heard of or seen any cases of schizophrenics being prophetic ..

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

That is very fascinating, ChefSlug. While I have not heard of a prophetic schizophrenic, that does not mean that such a possibility could not exist. As far as I was aware, schizophrenics often hear voices that tell them to do things - of course I wholeheartedly admit that assumption most likely comes from movies, as I do not know anyone personally with it. I am glad that your friend has not had that happen in his experience with it.

Your post reminded me of this thread I read earlier on ATS:
The Psychiatry conspiracy

...where the OP was discussing the potentiality that schizophrenia (among other disorders) were made up entirely. I found that idea interesting, and especially so in cross-referencing it with your post. One might ponder if indeed that were true, that there could theoretically be a conspiracy to purposely cover up the potential "prophets" who walk among us.

At any rate, it would seem your friend has a true gift.
edit on 15-2-2014 by MoonBlossom because: More Thoughts

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is the prophetic information just personal stuff, or is it about current events/the world, etc.? If it is about current events, can you give an example of past prophetic information? Is there any info about the future on a global scale that you can share with us?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

By current events I meant what people are doing in remote locations, friends of ours.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Maybe he has been misdiagnosed.
He sounds like a person with acute intuition rather than a person with the symptoms of a mental illness to me.
Maybe he has a way to percieve the hive mind of humans,our collective consciousness,in order to deduce future events.

Like the NSA on steroids,but all natural.

Maybe..

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Does he consider himself a prophet ? If so probably is not best to feed in the delusions .

Funny how I seem to be going threw this again now , my brother seems to think he is jesus and gets his power from orion ( he snapped 8 years ago constantly in and out of jail mental hospitals) . I am an atheist so ya that goes over real well

Everything that comes out of his mouth is not prophetic people just look at him side ways

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

A person that used the third eye thru hearing/audio. Impressive. Can he tell the difference when the audio information is inside not going thru the ears and thru the ears?

The things you tell around him knowing things that fit to an extreme degree and saying things that suddenly make you see things make me believe he surrounded by a field of synchronicity or effecting a field of synchronicity. In a way you can say he is a very lucky one where chance is less random.

Make me think of this.

Does he greatly feel energy/ki flowing thru his body and can he perform reiki/manifestation healing thru intent?
edit on 15-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

As people seem to grasp pretty well on this thread already, not everybody who hears voices is schizophrenic. Perhaps he does have some emotional/psychological issues and maybe those, combined with the voices, made a psychiatrist diagnose him with schizophrenia but he clearly has something else going on.

Most people who have the ability to listen and hear the other sides have some accompanying anomalies with their mental or emotional spectrums but they are not "crazy" (at least not just crazy).

Also, don't forget that mental "disorders" are only viewed as such because they are the minority. If an extra "sane" person was diagnosed with "extra sanity", it wouldn't mean the rest of us are crazy. That's because most of us aren't as sane as that extra sane guy. (sorry for the last side-rant/PSA thingie there).

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I am perfectly healthy as far as I know, but Psychic type stuff seems to happen to me. The thing about it is that it happens when I am less me, and more "out of it." I think that people with less of an ego let more information in without filter. This can mean voices or senses, or whatever.

I have heard people yelling my name, only to find out that they needed me for something, but they never opened their mouth and are confused about why I came running in asking what was wrong. Other times I have active dejavu, meaning that I know the next two minutes as a 3d video in my mind with audio. I can go through it faster than real time in my head and then know what comes next.

I think everything is one thing. Parts of this one thing are less dense and seem separate (humans), but with the right tuning we are not. Often I cannot tell my emotions apart from others peoples even when I can't see them. I feel them and it's bad because a lot of people are victims, always upset over simple things in their head. What a waste of my time. It distorts my flow.

I even think this extra information flow can cause some parts of mental disorders, along with genetics, brain defects, and psychology. I know when my parents had me that they were "expanding their minds." I wonder if that's why I see it all as one. To reiterate I do hear voices sometimes. My mental state is quite ok though.

So any specifics? What is so amazing that it must be prophetic? I'm quite interested. I seem to recall hearing something about prophets from long ago always hanging around "crazy" people.. I think there could be a connection here.
edit on 15-2-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The voices may be blocking what he needs to do or interfering with something important to not let this person concentrate on everyday life.
I wish you and your pall well and hope for the best.
He needs to learn not to stress out over this and relax again , and a change of location may do wonders for him (give him some space and dont be overly concerned about him because he will pick up on that also)
I would guess that he is stressing out over small things too.
He may even be enjoying the experiences . it is hard to say.
From a different perspective I see this as a string of synchronicity that may or may not be real (meaningful coincidences)
Now , if the visions are actual , then I am blown away in wonder myself.
edit on 15-2-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The key of mental illnesses like that is that really no one understands them. I have to agree with the second post, in that the common schizophrenic does not hear meaningful voices. They are obnoxious, abusive, and they have the same level of information about the world as the individual who hears them. But its part of a spectrum, and some people have new vistas of understanding opened to them through some degree of mental illness.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Well, I have a friend who is able to see entities and interact with them, like aliens and ghosts and weird stuff even, like Succubi. One really freaky case. I was being visited by a Succubus named Lilith in my dreams, and she figured out that I had this friend. So then my female friend calls me the next day saying that my friend Lilith came to visit her (I asked her to describe Lilith to be sure and got an accurate description) and told her to stay away from me.

So who the hell knows. Definitely something going on there. Although don't trust everything something says just because it's not human, terrible plan, honest.

Just because something happens to be a demon, or a ghost, or whatever, doesn't mean it's telling the truth or even has the best intentions, does that make sense?
edit on 16amSun, 16 Feb 2014 02:56:40 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Its possible we all have this as a natural inner voice but its supressed for most of us most of the time. Cant offer any advice other than don't get absorbed in the problems of others.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
True schizophrenics aren't prophetic, and the voices are usually insulting (such as "you suck, you're a failure, everybody hates you"). Occasionally they think they hear voices from God, or command hallucinations (such as "chop off your arm because a demon inhabits it"). Auditory hallucinations are the most common, followed by visual hallucinations, olfactory and gustatory (smell and taste).

Therefore, I have to wonder.....how many prophets are misdiagnosed schizophrenics? That they are not truly mentally ill, but because medical science doesn't believe in auditory prophecy, they are labeled as mentally ill and given antipsychotics?

Something to ponder. Does you friend's issue impact his ability to live normally?

I like the way you think. I remember mentioning this long time ago to my religious friend.
Back then you would be considered a prophet if you could speak to god. And now
you would be considered crazy. Theres also other logical reasoning with how the brain
works, that also connects with this, rather not get into at the moment.

schizophrenic isnt nice all I can tell you, its mostly bad, its like a virus, wanting to kill yourself.
Visual is prety bad as well, you can imagine up people right infront of your eyes, thinking
its real and yet it'll disappear, I believe its blending in with the dreaming part of the lobe of the brain,
where it becomes more active.
Its as bad as psychosis, worser forms of visual, where the world melts right infront of your eyes.
Never ends.

Like op mentions whats "actually" prophetic????? You are not very specific.
Might just be the usual obvious events of human life we encounter. Doesnt take
a psychic to figure that out. Some people are just out of tuned of life
and they figure its psychic.

Now if he can guess the lottery #s that be something lols.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I had a few thoughts reading the thread.

I can see how it could simply be a higher ability to take in information, and make global patterns than other people.

I have some of the abilities you describe. I'll often intuit the need to react before the chain of events seem to take off in other people's minds. That seems magical... it's not, it's just a higher level of intuition.

I also can say the same things as other people... simply because I process too fast, and am way beyond what they're about to say.

As for actually hearing voices... very rarely, and almost always while about to be asleep. Maybe just a mixture of dreamscape arising while I'm still a bit conscious, but it's bizarre.

There are usually several people that seem to be speaking within the room, I can't discern the voice from characters in my life. My consciousness seems to be rolling through space, picking up impressions thoughts/feelings as it goes. It's usually a clusterfunk of voices jumbled up.

I actually love these altered states, and live for them! Just one of the funky states I've experienced through my years. I think this stuff may be realized, as far as prophecy, as genius-level intuition. Some people have it, the vast majority don't.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join