It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Military/Contractors pursuing UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
When did "the examiner" become a trustworthy source of news?

Just saying......

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Antar said "jets" flying faster than ever seen chasing a UFO....and that she mentally contacted the UFO to offer it safety.

The other thread by Antar that someone is trying to link to this one is full of BS.
edit on 16-2-2014 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

When did "the examiner" become a trustworthy source of news?

They're reporting on cases given to MUFON and give the case numbers plus a link to the site so you can check for yourself ,the validity of the story is not in doubt but what the people who reported the incidents saw is up for debate.

according to testimony today in cases 54029 and 54034

I'm not saying the examiner is a good source but the story is just a report about reports to MUFON.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I mentioned in the OP that I understand that Examiner is not a prime source of news, but when secondary/tertiary external sources are offered we can be a bit more accepting. If it were just an article, with no sources provided, I wouldn't bother linking it. I wouldn't like to take anything the Examiner posts as a primary source.

As far as antar's thread, I don't want this thread to end up like that one did. We will get nowhere continuing that specific thread of discussion. I linked it only to offer an additional vein of info, as the events are unquestionably similar in content. At the time of antar's thread there were very few external sources to corroborate any claims, but these recent events are valuable if only because they stir the pot a little bit.

It never hurts to be thorough, and I like connecting loose threads when I find them. The first loose thread that came to my mind when I found this article was antar's thread. But I want to stress that this thread is in no way an extension of antar's. I simply wanted to add a bit of backstory, if only for the coincidence of it, to this recent article.

As far as "why helicopters". I have no idea. My first thought is that these are tests or training of some sort. Maybe the helicopters aren't actually "pursuing" the objects, as much as monitoring them while under friendly control. As I understant it, Helicopters can be very capable in air-to-air combat regardless. It isn't just the speed of the vehicle that matters, but the speed of the payload. If these UFOs are combative, the Helicopters might simply be an early line of defense. They may not try to pursue the objects in any significant way, but rather deter it. I admit that I don't know much at all about military tactics, so I might be terribly off point... but those are my thoughts.
edit on 16-2-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Bigburgh
Sounds like zaphod or intelgirl should be notified. There is talk of a new project that may come out of the black and into the white. If this is a Boeing phantom works project. And Boeing phantom works is in the Missouri area. It's highly likely that they have a source and could shine a little light.
I fully believe Antr saw something that day. Pics or not. She observed something that was not of the norm.
Also thanks for posting that article. I lost track of an old friend who was chief of police in fayettevile pa. He was mufon director for the area. According to the article Fred Seluga is in Rhode island as the director of mufon there. Have not seen or heard from him in 7 years.

Zaphod already knows.

On another thread hes had some extremley intresting things to say on a new propulsion method being tested,

I also have another source that can confirm boeing is doing something pretty big.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, Interesting reports. there seems to happen a lot in Missouri. There was many reports of loud boom there in December 2013 and the Antar's thread this februar.

crazyewok

Zaphod already knows.

On another thread hes had some extremley intresting things to say on a new propulsion method being tested,

I also have another source that can confirm boeing is doing something pretty big.

Do you have a link to that thread

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by almera

Yeah here

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

1ofthe9

smurfy

Any booms are likely to be related to Aurora, which probably does exist, the donut contrail has been depicted on satellite pictures and the calculated speed is phenomenal, the hard bit is to make Aurora a flying disc with a contrail.

If Aurora exists, I don't see why Lockheed would be offering the SR-72.

Either way, sounds like something interesting is going on in Missouri. Does anyone know if this corresponds to any 'window' areas? The 'sunburn' reported by antar sounds like something out of Keel's files.

Lockheed doesn't yet have that aircraft as far as I know, 2018 is the date for a flyer. They did have the HTV2, I guess the SR72 is a more 'down to Earth' specimen, with much lower speed.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I can think of an account that happened to me and my girlfriend as we were driving through South East Queensland only last year when we saw a UFO hovering in the sky only to see three helicopters fly at from different locations to where the UFO was hovering. All of a sudden it dissapeared and re-appeared over the bay to the East. Either it teleported or it was moving at speeds that can't be observed with the human eye. But then the helicopters all started flying out over to the bay... We kept driving and we lost sight of it.
That was the first UFO I have ever witnessed.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

First, a tabloid is your source...

Second, the mufon links they use in the story are all over the place for descriptions...They don't even seen related...
edit on 17-2-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm wondering about this scenario:

let's say the USAF own these light orbs 'UFOs' that are their creation and not alien at all. Let's say they make a theatre:

Helicopter in the role of chasing an alien UFO
The orb in the role of the chased one (whether piloted or not). So they make the theater of chasing the other one so that people think it's aliens and not man-made military object.

Would that help conceal? I think not because even if there were aliens, this would automatically mean the military also have it, meaning if aliens are presented to exist in such a theater, people will suspect the military have it too.

A double edged blade, I don't see the point in faking a UFO chase

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

The military are testing quadrotor drones in the USA right now. There isn't anything secret about it either. It seems like these are becoming the most mistaken for alien craft. They way the maneuver, how they look with lights on etc, are all unusual to those who grew up with a standard model of flight. This happened a lot with Helicopters in the 1940's as they became mass tested and produced by/for the military.

The military would like to start using quadrotor drones as scouts in combat, even potentially arming them. They can maneuver better than helicopters and don't require a pilot who can be killed.

Another thing people are not realizing is news drones. For example, here in SoCal news stations are starting to use quadracopters for traffic reporting etc in replacement of expensive helicopters/pilots/fuel. It saves them a ton of money...I for example have personally seen a news drone with a helicopter near it around USC. If it was a night or dawn/dusk people could have easily mistaken it for a UFO chase.

Quadrotor Drones are also being used in rural areas by law enforcement to monitor large rural areas. There was even a rather controversial arrest recently based on drone surveillance of a sparsely populated area.
edit on 17-2-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

That's a great point. Drones are being used more and more by civilians and the media. Another thing that I've often though is that scale would be a big issue. If all you are seeing is light it's very difficult to determine how far away the object is and how large it is. So an object may appear to move much quicker than it is, because it is small and near to the observer.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So I just had to confirm from Florida that I and a friend witnessed somewhat the same thing. We were in Ft. Myers at the time (Nov/2012) sitting on the beach around 10:30 at night. We had only been on the beach for about ten minutes before we got bored and started walking back to the pier and that's when we saw it. Just below the clouds, a bright "star-like" dot flew past going north so fast and we both saw it at the same time, no question it was a UFO. As it veered to the east..ehem..towards the Bermuda triangle actually, it went up and out as we watched in awe until it was no longer in sight. Of course we were jumping up and down freakin' out but it was crazy because out of the city came a chopper with it's high-beams on but it was so obvious they had no clue where the object went because they headed towards the direction it came from. I mean, I triiiied to get their attention n tell em it went EAST, EEEEAAAASASSSSTTT!!!!! So they did a pitiful u-turn and went back to the city...guess they didnt see me booo hooooo. Well, thats just one of my many experiences. So, I dub this my FIRST documentation/post/reply/whatnot/etc, MYEH!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Its the EXAMINER..
I don't know what surprises me more, the fact the people take it seriously, or the fact that it ended up as a source for the OP.

I will reserve my opinion for if/when a CREDIBLE source comes along.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't mean to reignite anything that was in that thread.

You aren't necessarily "reigniting" anything by bringing it up...if anything I feel that you are validating her claim. The report from Missouri describes a disc-shaped object, which was what antar said that she saw that day as well. Interesting to note that neither of the two witnesses mentioned in the article obtained pictures or video of the craft either, which was one of the things that people kept harping on in her thread...but the descriptions were very similar; unidentified object being chased by military craft at very high rates of speed, flying low enough to make out details and apparently not concerned with the thought that anyone on the ground might be witnessing them. To me, that implies either one of two things: a) they were performing some type of excercise involving aircraft that we have not been made aware of yet, and weren't concerned with being seen because it was a legit operation that could easily be explained, or b) they were chasing something that they considered to be such an imminent threat that they threw caution to the wind in favor of eliminating that threat.

It is entirely possible that the lack of considerably more reports from events that day can simply be attributed to the fact that it is the middle of the winter in most places and not a lot of people were spending much time outdoors, and depending on what other areas the presumed "chases" were taking place (going also with the presumption that there were more than just one or two craft in the skies that day in different locations) just may not have grabbed anyone's attention. As antar stated herself, people really and truly do not look up. For example, where I live we have multiple military bases and an extremely busy airport. I myself live directly under the path where aircraft approach/depart, depending on which way the runways are going on a given day. I am always sky-gazing, but rarely see other people looking upward and I think it's because of all the air traffic being so common around here. So if there were something like that going on in the sky over here, it is doubtful that anyone would have even noticed it at all...even if the craft were flying relatively low.

Thank you for posting this...I have to admit that I was more than a little sad that the other thread got killed because I was really hoping to hear of other reports or additional information on that fascinating event. And on a personal note, I would like to say that I commend you for being adult enough to apologize to another that way...passions run very deep here and tempers flare easily and sometimes we forget to respect others' feelings in our quest for the truth, so that was very nice of you.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

now this is why i joined this place to share stories of ufo's in an adult manner without the ufo's are not real or ufos are real without no backup proof evidence or just thoughts, thank you i can see me getting along with some members here

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My take, for what it's worth. The Examiner most likely regurgitated the Feb. 3rd story as stated on ATS (Examiner probably used the Twitter statement as an eyewitness account). I'm not disparaging the occurrence, just stating that historically from what I've seen, the Examiner takes liberties with certain aspects of stories. To me, the veracity of the Examiner ranks right up there with Before It's News.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My take, for what it's worth. The Examiner most likely regurgitated the Feb. 3rd story as stated on ATS (Examiner probably used the Twitter statement as an eyewitness account). I'm not disparaging the occurrence, just stating that historically from what I've seen, the Examiner takes liberties with certain aspects of stories. To me, the veracity of the Examiner ranks right up there with Before It's News.
reply to post by UnBreakable

As the OP stated from the very beginning, the Examiner is not known to be a reliable news source in and of itself, but the story was sourced from actual reports on MUFON that were assigned case numbers. They aren't taking liberty with any of it, although I do agree with you that typically they seem to be very fond of embellishment.

The February 3rd event, as reported on ATS, was very similar indeed to the February 11 MUFON reports...but not the same story and not in the same location. The similarities among the reports do lend credence to one another, which is very heartening to see in my personal opinion, but they are three separate accounts from three different eyewitnesses nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I stand corrected then. I'm just wary of The Examiner, that's all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join