It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushs Face on Billboards in Orlando, FL (from ATSNN)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Everyone used to leave Ohio for Florida, I'm glad I'm in Ohio!!!

If they start pasting his face on our roads, I'm drinking!!!!!

I wonder what ol Jeb thinks when he passes those signs...............????????

Grady.. you kill me!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
It does have a Dictatorship type ring to it or maybe it�s just the ringing I always have in my head

rawstory.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Source: www.bluelemur.com...

[edit on 23/11/2004 by Sauron]

that pic kinda looks photoshopped to me

i dunno maybe its just me

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It was Photoshopped, that clown never smiles, he just smirks when he lies like he did in Chile last weekend.

I support CCs' right to put up the sign, but WTF were they thinking. Like someone said, when you travel around a country and see signs like the worshiping of their leader, thats a dictatorship.

Just for the rightwingers, Read the (Left Behind Series) this worshing a false god is covered real well.
I'm sorry I bought the books now that I know the authors contributed to the rightwing machine.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by AlabamaCajun typo]
corrected meaning of sentence

[edit on 23-11-2004 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Are you saying that there is a law that prevents me from starting a small company that puts up billboards in Florida? Or that can send Clearchannel reject bands out on tour?

And Gitmo...?

Oh it's perfectly legal to start your own company to compete with Clear Channel. But if you understand how CC got where it is, you would know that in all practicality, your companies would go bust. Clear Chanel didn't technically break any laws or write laws to prevent competition. They had laws bent for them, via large contributions to the people who could help. Then they bought up any company they could. Once this process started, the available market share for non-CC companies shrunk until CC literally controls certain media in certain areas.

So you could start your company, then get lowballed in your pricing (think Mom & Pop corner store vs. Walmart). You get a customer, but your area only allots so much space for billboard advertising. Whadda ya know - Clear Channel has bought rights to them all. There are a few, very few, small billboard companies left. And guess what?? Most of them outsource their production to Clear Channel, when they can. It's still cheaper to pay CC to produce and ship a billboard for another company.

I know what I'm talking about, after starting out in a mom & pop company that got eaten up by CC. It's not something I read online, and there is lots more insider stuff I know, but CC is big and mean enough that I'm not going to risk a lawsuit. (Yes they do that too, and have really screwed some people with more money than me.)

As for the entertainment industry, I didn't work in that department. That is run out of different cities. But I did a lot of research while we waitied for our new massa's to come take over. It works pretty much the same way. They buy venues, or booking rights to those venues. They buy studios. They buy radio stations. They make money off bulk purchasing and total control. So they tell an artist if they want X dollars, they have to sign exclusively with CC. And that means make albums in their studios, tour with their promo people, and so on.

You start your tour company and see who wants to sign with you. It won't be any CC artists. They would be sued 8 ways til Sunday. That part of their domination is under some attack though. A few cities are refusing to give them exclusing booking rights to city owned venues. And lots of artists are figuring out that integrity is better than money. So you might have it easier there.

As for Gitmo, you're nuts if you ignore the news
But go ahead, better you than me.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

protesters and bystanders alike were rounded up in mass arrests without cause; were kept without access to their lawyers or families

Though I guess 2000 people, plus the reporters and lawyers and friends & families of them could all be lying

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What I want to know, is who the hell needs to be reminded of who their president is? That's the message I'm getting from the billboard. What else does it have to say? If it isn't worship, then do American's really have to be reminded of who their president is? This is America we are talking about...

Are there people in the US who, if asked who their president is, don't know??

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Cargo perhaps we should put up aome billboards with the Secretary of Agriculture on them. Nobody knows who that is
The US can use a reminder ON whos looking out for our food and farm issues

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Are there people in the US who, if asked who their president is, don't know??

Have you ever listened to Sean Hannity's On the Street? This is a segment where he has an intern ask random people political questions, such as who were the presiential candidates, who is the VP, etc.

You would be surprised, if not dismayed, at the number of people, mostly young, who know absolutely nothing about politics. Pathetic, really.

Sometimes I am impressed here on ATS at the political knowledge of those from foreign countries that post here. In comparison, the US populace sometimes ranks near the awarenesss level of a thirld world country.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well the same can be said of anywhere I guess. Honestly, the President of America appears to have the same level of reverence in the US as the Queen of England does in the UK. I'm serious. The way I see it from the outside, the presidency is so sanctimonious that most people appear as affected in his presence as a teen does in Michael Jackson's.

I can understand a lot of people not caring about politics, but not knowing who the president is boggles the mind somewhat.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ya know, if Bush was a really really great Prez and everything and everyone just loved him and everything, the signs wouldn't be nearly as bad, especially if private citizens voluntarily paid to have them put up.

But nearly half the voters did NOT want Bush in (I voted for Peroutka), and in light of alleged voter fraud, the signs are a bit disturbing. Yeah, it's freedom of speech, but you also have to look at the circumstances and the political/social climate.

I think we have limited freedom of speech. And it probably won't be too long before they start cracking down on these message boards. It'll probably take a little time though--that's my gut feeling.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Cargo perhaps we should put up aome billboards with the Secretary of Agriculture on them. Nobody knows who that is
The US can use a reminder ON whos looking out for our food and farm issues

Perhaps your right. He should be on a Billboard in Iraq.

Recently the new Iraqi administrators issued a decree that makes it illegal to retain seeds from harvest. Next year genetically modified seed from U.S. Companies must be used to grow crops.

News | VegSource Interactive, Inc.

Iraqi Farmers Aren't Celebrating World Food Day
Nov 11, 2004

As part of sweeping "economic restructuring" implemented by the Bush Administration in Iraq, Iraqi farmers will no longer be permitted to save their seeds. Instead, they will be forced to buy seeds from US corporations -- including seeds the Iraqis themselves developed over hundreds of years. That is because in recent years, transnational corporations have patented and now own many seed varieties originated or developed by indigenous peoples. In a short time, Iraq will be living under the new American credo: Pay Monsanto, or starve.
When the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) celebrated biodiversity on World Food Day on October 16, Iraqi farmers were mourning its loss.

A new report [1] by GRAIN and Focus on the Global South has found that new legislation in Iraq has been carefully put in place by the US that prevents farmers from saving their seeds and effectively hands over the seed market to transnational corporations. This is a disastrous turn of events for Iraqi farmers, biodiversity and the country's food security. While political sovereignty remains an illusion, food sovereignty for the Iraqi people has been made near impossible by these new regulations.

"The US has been imposing patents on life around the world through trade deals. In this case, they invaded the country first, then imposed their patents. This is both immoral and unacceptable", said Shalini Bhutani, one of the report's authors.

Click to learn more...

Becoming Monsanto customers at the barrel of a US gun.
The new law in question [2] heralds the entry into Iraqi law of patents on life forms - this first one affecting plants and seeds. This law fits in neatly into the US vision of Iraqi agriculture in the future - that of an industrial agricultural system dependent on large corporations providing inputs and seeds.

www.vegsource.com...

Think about it

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Polar Bear]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Polar Bear, I think your above post is worthy of it's own thread on the WOT forum (it concerns Iraq, the new admin etc). I heard about this monopolisation regarding seeds and GM a while back. It's disgraceful.

I think you should start a thread about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You start it Cargo, I'm maintaining a low profile around here as best I can. Besides the best way to insure that the issue recieves no attention would be for me to present it. Good luck.

When former Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) administrator L. Paul Bremer III left Baghdad after the so-called "transfer of sovereignty" in June 2004, he left behind the 100 orders he enacted as chief of the occupation authority in Iraq. Among them is Order 81 on "Patent, Industrial Design, Undisclosed Information, Integrated Circuits and Plant Variety." [1] This order amends Iraq's original patent law of 1970 and unless and until it is revised or repealed by a new Iraqi government, it now has the status and force of a binding law. [2] With important implications for farmers and the future of agriculture in Iraq, this order is yet another important component in the United States' attempts to radically transform Iraq's economy.

www.grain.org...

Let's put up a Billboard Poster of Bremer across the Mid West. A true American Zionist War Hero

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Polar Bear, I think your above post is worthy of it's own thread on the WOT forum (it concerns Iraq, the new admin etc). I heard about this monopolisation regarding seeds and GM a while back. It's disgraceful.

I think you should start a thread about it.

There is already at least one thread discussing this issue here on ATS. Use the search function; I'm too lazy.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wha I've started seeing as of late is a round black stickers on vehicles around Alabame. Theres one big W then in a small font "Our President". What next, worshipping The Holy W. This is sick and starting to look more and more like Facism.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
Wha I've started seeing as of late is a round black stickers on vehicles around Alabame. Theres one big W then in a small font "Our President". What next, worshipping The Holy W. This is sick and starting to look more and more like Facism.

That is rather freaky.

Hey, I'd love it if someone could print up bumper stickers that say I SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION.

And maybe along with that, a big W with a red circle and a line through it....

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
On a side but quasi related note,

Before the election, i was constantly "infringed" upon by the endless number of "kerry/edwards" bumper stickers i has to tolorate in my view....

Now, it seems people couldnt scrape them off fast enough....LOL

PS, there is STILL a kerry/edwards small yard style sign along I-76 near philly...what now a MONTH or more after the election....i thought by law the campaigns had to clean up their stuff after the election....now im constantly reminded of the "not our leaders" everytime i drive home....LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Something bothers me about the Bush sign- why isn't it in red?

The Republicans are reds, right?

I know I saw that on television.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join