It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Conspiracy in Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by ik9zeroE

That isn't what was communicated.

god-like entity

So god isn't a god-like entity? :/

Honestly what you're communicating isn't coming across very clearly. I'll take a stab.

Is it something to the effect of satan is using the field of psychiatry to suppress the spirit and thus prevent salvation with god?

God is God.

The antichrist is a god-like entity (and some would say that government thinks the same of itself, or people think it of government).

We don't all speak the same language, despite the fact that we're all using English.

You've got a fair understanding of the matter in saying "suppress the spirit" but it is quite more than that. It is outright denial (or else, it is very serious ignorance). Apply it in the simplest: somebody who is enraptured, but doesn't quite understand what they're experiencing, will be said, by psychiatry, to be experiencing some sort of mania (in the "spectrum" of "manias").

definition: enraptured
definition: mania

edit on 2.15.2014 by ik9zeroE because: identification of links

edit on 2.15.2014 by ik9zeroE because: (no reason given)

(post by ik9zeroE removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Heh. Well, you are entitled to your opinion. All I know is I'm looking back at your OP and seeing no links, no sources, just loads of assumptions, speculation, extrapolation, and unfounded conclusions. You are telling us what you think we should think.
edit on 15-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Feb 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I understand. Here's what to do. Calmly back away from the computer and make your way back to your psychiatrist's office. Once there explain to the Dr. that your medication is causing extreme paranoia and delusions.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I gotta agree. Anyone who isn't a. Christian has to be amazed at the self centerendness of the tought that anything not Christian is the devil. All evil in the world is because of the antichrist or devil while all good is due to Jesus.

Completely ignoring the abundance of evil in Christianity and the abundance of good from other religions or atheists.

I'm a pretty devout athirst, no it's not a religion. If Jesus turns up tomorrow every athirst will sighing on instantly. While even as the bible as a historical text has been largely discredited. The religiouso just deny fact and reason.

My major problem with things like this is it "clouds the water" . Instead of us adressing the over medication of our children. We look for the " real problem" the devil. Lmao It's not the corrupt political and corporate system. It's the the fact that we don't have prayer in school.....yea right

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What I see IMHO is someone diagnosed with something and was recommended meds...and took offense at the idea. Then calls it a conspiracy IN RELIGION, but instead takes issue with things other than religion -- doctors and meds.

I think of a conspiracy in religion as something like Constantine taking the pagan gods Mithras, Apollo, and Osiris and incorporating them and their mythos and aspects into his own brand of Christianity...then creating likenesses of them all over the place with his face on them.
edit on 2/15/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hey OP, welcome to ATS. Though looking at your thread content, if you don't improve your standards you won't last long. This isn't some hack conspiracy site where you can present any crazy idea and expect everyone to just accept your opinion as true. We demand evidence. Deny ignorance. It isn't just a motto, it actually has a meaning, son.

First off, Psychiatry is a science in its infancy. Of course many of the diagnoses and treatments are going to be ineffective, dangerous, or both. We've only been seriously studying this science for about 100 years or so now. It is a shame that it isn't more rounded out yet, but science doesn't rush itself.

Second off, your premise relies on the Christian account of Revelations to be true. What about the people who don't believe that? Don't you feel you owe them to explain your reasoning a little better?

Third off, you stated a bunch of opinions as facts. Even Christians would have a hard time following your logic which goes "I believe this and it is true. Anyone who doesn't see it is blind." Considering a I see a new interpretation of Revelations from the Christian community just about once a week, I'd say that your OP's assertions are FAR from obvious.

Forth off, are you a troll?
edit on 15-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

god complex

superiority complex

edit on (2/15/1414 by loveguy because: grammar

without guilt?
edit on (2/15/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Who else on Earth is offering salvation, besides Christ? THE ANTICHRIST. WHO is offering salvation? Got anxiety? Are you depressed? A bit psychotic? Schizophrenic, maybe? Take your ANTI-anxiety and your ANTI-depressant and your ANTI-psychotic. Do I really have to say any more?

You can stick the prefix "anti-" in front of a whole hell of a lot of words.

Doesn't make them all connected to the beast or antichrist ffs.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Mental illness is much, much more prevalent in our society than is generally realised.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join