It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Russians Scaling 650 meter Shanghai Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I still have a hard time watching this video, especially at the end. The building is not yet completed from construction, so 2 Russians go up the building with some gopro cameras, and continue to the top of the crane. I would have stopped at the bottom of the crane myself...

The one thing I wonder though is how they got down, that's usually much harder.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

It's really not that big of a deal once you get over the fear of falling. Once you get over that, it's like climbing around on a huge monkey bar. The tallest tower I have had to climb was 1,500ft. Definitely a great way to stay in shape, but it is a dangerous job. 3 people died here in WV recently due to the collapse of a tower.

Pladuim

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
nooooooooooooooooooooope

nope nope nope, nooooooooooope.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There would be no chance of me getting more than about 50 feet up as i am crap with heights

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nice bit of vertigo at the end there. Glad I can watch it on YT vs falling to my death.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Hell yeah, I hope they packed squirrel suits that would be the only way down in style

edit on 15-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I really want to know how they got down. Perhaps they brought some rope to rappel down with?

That suit is like a wing suit? Also, I don't think they would jump off because they could get caught by the police as I'm pretty sure base jumping and scaling that building are illegal

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Pladuim

It's really not that big of a deal once you get over the fear of falling. Once you get over that, it's like climbing around on a huge monkey bar. The tallest tower I have had to climb was 1,500ft. Definitely a great way to stay in shape, but it is a dangerous job. 3 people died here in WV recently due to the collapse of a tower.

Pladuim

I think you're right, but on the crane climb you also have to deal with looking down a lot which for me intensifies the experience. Although I do know some people who also climb towers and crane operators and they're very used to it. I guess it's experience. Do you use any ascenders or do tandem climbing?

top topics

join