It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Dead Remake???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well rumor has it that there's going to be a remake of Evil Dead.

Director Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man") and Bruce Campbell ("Evil Dead" films) are teaming to produce a remake of "Evil Dead," the film that launched both of their careers, reports Variety. The new "Dead" will be produced through Raimi's Ghost House Pictures, the company that brought us the U.S. version of "The Grudge."

Raimi will not direct the remake, according to the article, but he and Campbell will be integral in bringing the 1981 cult hit back to the big screen. The production team will begin working on a script as soon as they find the right director.

There is no word on whether Campbell will reprise his role as Ash, the cult anti-hero he went on to play in two sequels--"Evil Dead 2" and "Army of Darkness." "Evil Dead 2" was more like a remake/sequel of the original, which added to and changed enough to make both films individually relevant. This new film would be yet another remake of "Evil Dead" and maybe without the director and actor whose unique abilities made both films work to begin with.

At this point it looks like Campbell and Raimi will be strictly producing this reinvention of the film that started it all for them, an unfortunate conclusion for those of us who grew up with "The Evil Dead."

The source...

If Bruce Campbell isn't in it and, Sam Raimi isn't directing it, it shouldn't be called Evil Dead. IT should get a new title like, "Giant piece of big budget crap" or "Steaming pile of corporate sell-outism". I mean, come on, Sam and Bruce are what made the original so good.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly. Re-make Evil Dead without Raimi and Campbell?

I know, let's remake Psycho, using every shot the same, but get this...We'll do it in colour!:bnghd:

Surely they can't be that hard up for cash since Xena ended.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I agree with NTH if Campbell is Ash or Raimi soesnt direct then it aint a remake besides in my opinion noone could play Ash like Bruce Campbell. I REPAET IF NEITHER PLAY A MAJOR PART IN THE MOVIE I AINTGONNA SEE IT.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yep, Bruce is Ash and Ash is Bruce. Without him, it's not Evil Dead!

new topics

top topics

join