It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Who Oppose Keystone XL Pipeline Own Shares in Competing Companies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Interesting story about Democrats who seem to "oppose" the Keystone XL pipeline have investments in "opposing" interests.

No surprise as they say.

At least one Virginia Senator has a big investment in a different pipeline listed on his own disclosure form on top of it !!

And naturally, he opposes the Keystone XL project and maintains it is an environmental problem and yet has money invested in a different pipeline?

Hmmm.

Such conflicts of interest all out in the open ?

Apparently this type of activity is legal.

Democrats who oppose the Keystone XL pipeline have thousands of dollars invested in direct competitors to the company looking to build the pipeline, public records show.

A recent environmental assessment by the State Department was seen as a step toward the pipeline’s approval, but Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.) remains opposed to its construction.

“In my view, there is now enough evidence to conclude that construction of this pipeline is not in America’s long-term interest,” Kaine said in a statement on the review.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How is one pipeline detrimental to the environment but the others aren't????

I agree with what Ron Arnold had to say about this 'conflict of interest'
Anyone who has invested interest in opposing companies ought to recuse themselves from remarks and votes on the issue

Politics at play once again

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well I am not surprised one bit. You will probably find many supporters of the pipeline stand to make a profit from it as well. I would actually be surprised if anyone was actually surprised by this.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
How can we expect any kind of fairness or laws that are actually good for the people when the lawmakers are only doing things that further their own agenda ?
We are all doomed

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Do you want a pipeline through YOUR backyard? Nope didnt think so. Most of us who oppose it believe it or not are the people who have to look at this crap in our freakin backyards!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

VaultBoy
Do you want a pipeline through YOUR backyard? Nope didnt think so. Most of us who oppose it believe it or not are the people who have to look at this crap in our freakin backyards!

!!!!! whew.

which backyard are you in?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

VaultBoy

So where is your backyard exactly? I was unaware it was being run straight through residential neighborhoods. Can you take a pic and photoshop in your backyard pipeline view?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I moved to Arizona to avoid the inevitable. But my father and his property remain in Montana. He's a bit older and rufeses to leave , I'll ask him if he doesn't mind going out and snapping a few pictures.
edit on 15-2-2014 by VaultBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VaultBoy

Ok, I'd love to see the view from the back porch.

(post by VaultBoy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by VaultBoy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
OMG!!
Politicians who are corrupt??! Shouldn't this be in breaking news.?

Joking aside, sadly that's what they do, they lie, cheat, steal and look after themselves and lobbyists and big business with barely a thought for the public.
edit on 15-2-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You would have to dig the pipeline up to take a picture of it. It is buried.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I take issue with this one on the motives people went digging for it. I'm absolutely no Democrat and I have no stock or holdings in any other oil company. Having cleared that up, I am writing and doing everything one little bunny can do in one of the states likely to see great impact from this thing, to stop it.

This pipeline is great for oil companies, horrible for the environment and doesn't do anything but suck more resources out of the US to export.

This will be carrying some of the nastiest and most corrosive crude in the world...largely to run it down to the Gulf coast ports to pump into ships as refined product and exploit a tax loophole the particular process here, gives it.

There is nothing good or beneficial about this thing, if people really dig deep to look into it, IMO. All downside and no upside.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they got secret donations from the Saudis. Rather than putting Americans to work they prefer to put terrorists to work.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No pretty Pics for you. But here's a Backyard.

“The pipeline starting does nothing more than fuel my anger,” said Julia Trigg Crawford, who fought unsuccessfully in court to prevent TransCanada from using eminent domain to run the Keystone pipeline under her land near Paris in northeast Texas.

Oil starts flowing through Keystone XL pipeline to Texas

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
This pipeline is great for oil companies, horrible for the environment and doesn't do anything but suck more resources out of the US to export.

This will be carrying some of the nastiest and most corrosive crude in the world...largely to run it down to the Gulf coast ports to pump into ships as refined product and exploit a tax loophole the particular process here, gives it.

There is nothing good or beneficial about this thing, if people really dig deep to look into it, IMO. All downside and no upside.

This is laughably naive.

If you wish to see 'bad'...just wait until it's all being transported by rail.

Oh, you thought if the pipeline was stopped the oil wouldn't be transported? Silly rabbit...the only question is who will profit...the rail companies or the pipeline companies...those dastardly oil companies? Well, they will make their money either way.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

xuenchen
Interesting story about Democrats who seem to "oppose" the Keystone XL pipeline have investments in "opposing" interests.

No surprise as they say.

At least one Virginia Senator has a big investment in a different pipeline listed on his own disclosure form on top of it !!

And naturally, he opposes the Keystone XL project and maintains it is an environmental problem and yet has money invested in a different pipeline?

Hmmm.

Such conflicts of interest all out in the open ?

Apparently this type of activity is legal.

Democrats who oppose the Keystone XL pipeline have thousands of dollars invested in direct competitors to the company looking to build the pipeline, public records show.

A recent environmental assessment by the State Department was seen as a step toward the pipeline’s approval, but Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.) remains opposed to its construction.

“In my view, there is now enough evidence to conclude that construction of this pipeline is not in America’s long-term interest,” Kaine said in a statement on the review.

Well his investment is on his disclosure forum. The voter is free to be uninformed, easily manipulated and stoopid.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why are Republicans so hot and heavy to get a pipeline run that will not benefit America? The oil companies have already said everything from it will be for export only. It is being run to a foreign tax free zone so America will get no taxes from the sale of the oil and gas. Here is a few more fun facts. It will cost more jobs than it will create. It will make the price of gas go up here in the states. They want the American tax payer to give them 7 billion dollars to build it. And the company behind the pipeline has the worst oil spill record so who would want it to go through one of the largest underground water supplies here in America one that our farmers rely on for their farms.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

But hey look on the bright side some billionaires will get even richer off of it.(sarcastic truth)

So people will lose jobs gas prices will actually go up, and it will cost the tax payers 7 billion all while putting the environment and drinking water at high risk.

When you put it that way who wouldn't want a giant pipeline running strait through the US.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join