It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds genes on X chromosome linked to male homosexuality

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

EnderMEM
reply to post by BDBinc

Obviously I never said Xq28 was a gay gene, rather I sad that it could possibly be linked to homosexuality with more research. You are saying that no matter what, Xq28 is in no way related to homosexuality. You are very closed minded.

You do an excellent job evading questions too. I find no point in discussing any of this with you since you are unwilling to answer simple questions that I have asked you.

One thing go you clearly don't understand about science is an experiments reproducibility. I can do an experiment, write it down with my findings, and someone else can repeat it and try to debunk my findings. This literally happens all the time, and is the essence of scientific experimentation.

Clearly I did know the study we are arguing about has not been published or reproduced. DId you know that a reproduction of the study of 400 adult gay men could not prove Xq28 was a "gay" gene.
I thought you wouldn't like the media making it pseudoscientific sensational claims, this doesn't seem to bother you as you would rather call me closed minded instead just because I pointed it out. I wonder if you like the media's unscientific sensational claims because it gets science more publicity and funding= causing your cognitive bias.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Get this into your skull:

I am also not convinced the Xq28 is a "gay" gene, rather I'm not going to exclude the fact that Xq28 may have some effect on homosexuality.

SCIENCE tests, retests, and the tests some more. I've come across 4 papers on the subject of Xq28. One reproduced the results, and two were a mixed bag. I've read many more on the biological basis of homosexuality.

Is it your opinion that environment is solely responsible for homosexuality? or will you not answer such a question because you enjoy debating from a no stance position?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

EnderMEM
reply to post by BDBinc

Get this into your skull:

"Get this into your skull" ???

How is it that you imagine in the future one gene Xq28 may "effect" homosexuality?
What single gene are you comparing Xq28 to when you say this is a future possibility?
Hetrosexuals have Xq28, the study was selectively only homosexuals it excluded hetrosexuals, woman and a control group so that the [unclear] "link" they made to sexuality was said to be homosexuality.
It was a purposefully deceptive. It was a false media claim.

Then you have read this unpublished unreviewed study? No.
And no it has not been reproduced.

Yes there has been billions of dollars, heaps of funding for research into homosexuality, no doubt the research funding gravy train will continue with this rabid dysfunctional media+science relationship.
Which is in your interest= creating your cognitive bias.
I told you this is not about my opinion. Yes I enjoy not arguing on merely an opinion .
So Its OK that media misrepresents science, its just not Ok to point it out?

<< 11  12  13   >>

join