It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Map of States,Individually compared to international GDP. Shocking !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

So... according to birthers reading this map, Obama was born in Montana. Debate over.

Ha, that's what the Montanan, wants Kenya to Believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

TDawgRex
I guess that I must be all screwed up in the head. By that map. I want to move from Sweden to Nigeria. WHA?!

Still going to do it though as it is the United States. And that is where my family needs me.

Word of warning fellow TDawg."Nigeria"is a heck of a lot colder than"Sweden".And obviously worse economy.
But I guess home is where the heart is

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

And California is ranked the top of the states at 2 Trillion (2012) per

www.cia.gov...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wake me when they all have the GDP of Liberia.
Then we will be getting somewhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah, I just noticed why I'm so tired every night ... I live in Finland and commute to Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Right, but wheres all the money then?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

onequestion

Right, but wheres all the money then?

It's in the cloud. More importantly than Money, I ask you, where is the tangible assets?
edit on 14-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

TDawg61
Thank you OP.That map was very informative and pretty much proves the administration is full of crap.Yet did you notice that Texas has a GDP equivalent to the continent of Australia?My state equates to South Africa.SA must be in some hard times then.

Well being Australian, I feel Texas's pain. Poor bastards, chin up. When you've hit rock bottom , the only way is up they say. So what's the Exchange rate on the Rand today? I'll swap you a Rand for a Ron but not a Rue.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What is so shocking?

What is the perspective that you think this shows about the "State of the US"?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Who got Norway and Ukraine? Sorry for being lazy / unknowing.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Kind of interesting... But they are comparing them to the GDP of other countries.. Something that most people are not familiar with...

So I'm sure this map is useful to someone - but most people who don't keep up to date on the economic strength and relative performance of the markets for all of the countries listed on that map, then I don't think it's super useful.

Very nice find though.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenith1111

I'm not the OP, I just posted the map for him.Here's your first star.The OP is 13th Zodiac.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I'm not the OP. That would be 13th Zodiac. I just posted the map for them.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Akk is ok and fine...until I saw Kenya and Angola, LOL
Is it that bad ?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Goes to show that the world, and definitely not the US, is not broke. It does go to show that maybe we could redistribute wealth some more.

Upwards, of course. Cuz they do work harder.

By all rights, there is virtually no reason for anyone in this world to suffer due to lack of funds. If they do, it must be a conscience decision.

Reminds me of an old trick, when everybody thinks you're broke, they never ask to borrow money. When our masters do it, they are able to squeeze more dollars out of us. They're even cool enough to lay proper blame. On poor folks.

Makes me realize why we did away with the pledge of allegiance. Can't disillusion kids right off the bat. Liberty and justice for all? Give me some of what they're smoking.

I think that if the US were an actual organic entity, not simply a coatrack for men to casually place their loyalty as they chase a paycheck, suffering in this world could end. Richest country in the world with the highest percentage of jailed and homeless people.

That map puts things in perspective. All the states produce product relative to their size in the world, but who reaps the benefit?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I could be a texan, capital T
Yet Texas has a population of 26 million as opposed to my sorry little country of 22 million. Hmmm
My state is 4 x the size of Texas with only a 2.4 million popultion, give or take 10%
Maps like this are good and fine but they dont really show much that is relevant to demographics

Anyways I want a gun and learn how to chew tobacco, seriously I do.
Chuck Norris was a Texas ranger and all we have is the Waggle.

Does Texas have a beer?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

borntowatch
So I could be a texan, capital T
Yet Texas has a population of 26 million as opposed to my sorry little country of 22 million. Hmmm
My state is 4 x the size of Texas with only a 2.4 million popultion, give or take 10%
Maps like this are good and fine but they dont really show much that is relevant to demographics

Anyways I want a gun and learn how to chew tobacco, seriously I do.
Chuck Norris was a Texas ranger and all we have is the Waggle.

Does Texas have a beer?

Lone Star

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Or Shiner.

We have our own wines, our own liquors, and many of our own beers.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I posted this one some time ago in another thread.

Each State in the Union have their own International rating, California seem higher than Russias.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3505e6e0d395.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

TDawg61
Thank you OP.That map was very informative and pretty much proves the administration is full of crap.Yet did you notice that Texas has a GDP equivalent to the continent of Australia?My state equates to South Africa.SA must be in some hard times then.

Our country is large and has an active economy. I fail to see the point. The countries whose economies are equivalent to the states are all much, much smaller than the US and have much smaller populations.

Texas is the 2nd largest state in the Union. Population is over 26 million. The population of Australia is over 23 million. Australia is roughly 2.97 million sq miles. Texas is over 268,000 sq. miles. What we just established is that Australia has a lot more unused, undeveloped land than Texas but in terms of population they are pretty close. Texas's population is about 12% more. Ergo, per capita GDP is higher in Australia.

I, again, fail to see any significant point here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join