It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're all wasting your time. All you arguers, you're all wasting your lives.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
HHHmmmm....

Every thread I've looked at in the last 15 minutes has devolved into arguing.

Somebody post me a link to a thread longer than 3 pages which doesn't end in childish bickering.

Wasting your lives, arguing.

The internet... it's a place where the worst parasites can have their voices heard.

Next time you see a post, try reply in a positive manner... it's possible to disagree in an agreeable fashion. Humans, each and every one of us.

FK the internet.

FK the prepubescent teens that have enough time to flood it with text.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Take a break here.

Post A Funny (T&C Friendly) Pic--PART II: The LOL Strikes Back!
edit on 14-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Aaaah..... and relax.

Just what I needed.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You there, ranting online about people arguing online.
You are wasting your life.
Carry on.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And who died and made you the authority on how people should spend their time? Your wasting your time complaining about what other people do.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that if you kept a list of the people who are bickering on those devolving threads you'd probably get a lot of repeat offenders

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's the arguments and heated exchanges with other members that makes ATS what it is.

It's the challenges to accepted thought that embodies the spirit of "deny ignorance"

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

VaultBoy
And who died and made you the authority on how people should spend their time? Your wasting your time complaining about what other people do.

Please sir, the proper spelling is You're.
Edit: Never start a sentence with the word "And".
edit on 14-2-2014 by Frexmil2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

olaru12
It's the arguments and heated exchanges with other members that makes ATS what it is.

It's the challenges to accepted thought that embodies the spirit of "deny ignorance"

Which is why I usually don't even bother reading past the OP in most cases. Just because people act incorrectly doesn't make it right.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frexmil2

Feel better now? I know I do

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

VaultBoy

Feel better now? I know I do

I always feel great helping out fellow English speakers. I can go into further detail on usage of the word "And". I can also give more detail for when to use "your" and "you're"
Your error in grammar usage shows how you're benefitting from this lesson. Good day sir!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yours must be the longest lasting Rant in the history of ATS. I am totally impressed.

From your thread back in 2009;

I've read 16 threads tonight and if they didn't end in pointless speculation and "way to go" comments they ended in an argument.

I wonder how many people waste their lives on the distraction that is ATS?
From your 09 thread

Well done!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Frexmil2

VaultBoy

Aaaand, you're not only a grammar nazi, but unfamiliar with the latitude of both literature and journalism. And, have a nice day, sir!

edit on 14-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The GUT

Frexmil2

VaultBoy

Please sir, the proper spelling is You're.

Aaaand, you're not only a grammar nazi, but unfamiliar with the latitude of both literature and journalism. And, have a nice day, sir!

I see, what you did there.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Oh Yeah

Tell THAT to GOD!

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

LOL Just kidding. AND, I couldn't resist!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And your editing of your posts shows yours. Apparently the professor doesn't proofread.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I guess I could be reading a book in front of the fire. But I'm bored and seek others who oppose my views for some lively conversation.

Other than that, I would be relegated to sitting on the toilet reading books and getting hemorrhoids.

I have better things to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
all i can say is that it is possible to develop a skill behind serving some sense into an argument without completely succumbing into the same strategies people use in arguments that you find frustrating.

as punishing as it can be while trending the learning curve, you'll find it's not so much in avoiding hypocrisy that you find success, but in impersonally serving the needs of the problems people face.

moderators can be useful for the site in general, but i don't feel i've ever personally needed one...although i have been known to say otherwise when thanking them. sometimes it can save time
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
changing one mind changes many.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join