It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: U.S. is cold because the planet is hot

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You know what I find amazing. We cant predict the weather with great accuracy a few days in the future yet we say the planet is warming based on tree ring data and historical records????

Global warming is a way to scare people. It's like religion to me in which you can cherry pick numbers to say what you want and they are ambiguous enough to where they always leave no clear answer.

Climate change is a fact, like has already been said. It's a fact that the Earth goes through climate shifts all the time and every time people say that something is certain with the planet, things always happen to prove those ones wrong.

My point is that to make an informed decision, you have to weed out the fake data and opinions based on lies. I think in a few years, we will all know the truth and my hunch is that "Global Warming" will not be a factor anymore and people will have to find something else to scare each other with.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

DavidWright

My point is that to make an informed decision, you have to weed out the fake data and opinions based on lies. I think in a few years, we will all know the truth and my hunch is that "Global Warming" will not be a factor anymore and people will have to find something else to scare each other with.

There is more to it than that.

We do not know enough to even have a clue about what we do not know, if that makes the least bit of sense.

Having raw data can tell us if there is a pattern, but cannot specifically define the cause.

The magnetosphere has been weakening, to the tune of 15% weaker over the last 200 years. How much of an affect does that have on climate change? Can we quantify that?

What other factors are at play and can we tie them together into a nice neat package and show how they all relate to each other producing a specific outcome in terms of quantifying and qualifying Climate Change? umm...NO, NO and NO.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

bbracken677

theyknowwhoyouare
The weather is no different than it has ever been. Only fools believe climate change is happening. Some years are hotter than usual, just as some years are colder than usual. It happens...

Climate change has been happening since the earth developed an atmosphere. Climate change is not in question in any manner, form or postulation.

The only question is how much of an affect man has had on it. The only question is how soon will we see real change.

Just an FYI: I am not chicken little. I am not advocating massive lifestyle changes to counter climate change. We do not know enough to understand what the effects may be or even if we can change it's direction. Only the universe is larger than man's hubris.

The polar ice cap is melting, reflecting less heat. The tundra is melting, which will release massive amounts of methane into the atmosphere.

Another question is whether the earth's balancing system (so to speak) will react and counter additional warming by, say, shutting down the North Atlantic current throwing us back into a period of glacial growth.

Another question: Will Hollywood types and politicians actually reduce THEIR carbon footprint as they preach to us to do? (Buncha freakin hypocrites)

I meant that climate change is cyclic and is not currently undergoing some massive shift. If the climate were changing like they would like us to believe it is, then we would definitely know it. We wouldn't be sitting around bickering over whether it was actually happening or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theyknowwhoyouare

With a few exceptions, climate change is slow. Normally measured in millennia or longer, not a few years.

I agree that our weather can be cyclic in nature with short term extremes such as during the dark ages and, perhaps, the period around the revolution in the US.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join