It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: U.S. is cold because the planet is hot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well here we have it.

The whole thing is explained in a simple easy to understand video.

? Global Warming *IS* causing the polar vortex ??!!

][$_ all according to Dr. John Holdren, White House Science and Technology Advisor _$][

It's a Pattern .... It's a Pattern !!!

“A growing body of evidence suggests that the kind of extreme cold being experienced by much of the United States as we speak is a pattern we can expect to see with increasing frequency as global warming continues,” said Assistant to the President for Science and Technology John Holdren. “I believe the odds are that we can expect, as a result of global warming, to see more of this pattern of extreme cold.”

White House: U.S. is cold because the planet is hot

Published on Jan 8, 2014

President Obama's Science and Technology Advisor, Dr. John Holdren, explains the polar vortex in 2 minutes—and why climate change makes extreme weather more likely going forward. Learn more at wh.gov... January 8, 2014.

The Polar Vortex Explained in 2 Minutes

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why does it get colder when the planet is getting hotter?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well I'm glad thats all cleared up,,,of course this is the same white house that couldn't build a working website in three years.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I don't know.

The scientists have opposite opinions.

It's a unanswerable riddle?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

More moisture in the upper atmosphere due to warmer temps at lower latitudes gets sucked towards the poles creating an alteration in normal weather patterns hence Australia suffering record high temps when I got more snow dumped one the past 24 hours than the last 2 winters combined.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Does it work that way in real science?

I use a microwave at times and eventually the whole thing gets hot not cold.

There is not a shred of evidence that the earth getting hotter is causing it to be colder it is physically impossible for that to happen.

Where are ATS regular Physicist they should be the one to question this.

What is the law of Thermal-dynamics? I am sure this idea of hot making it colder goes against this law.

edit on 14-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When did the US become "The World"?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

peter vlar

More moisture in the upper atmosphere due to warmer temps at lower latitudes gets sucked towards the poles creating an alteration in normal weather patterns hence Australia suffering record high temps when I got more snow dumped one the past 24 hours than the last 2 winters combined.

Isn't there a limit as to how much moisture can go into the atmosphere?

If moister is taken into the upper atmosphere the UV from the sun will create Ozone as that ozone cools it will produce Hydrogen, Oxygen and Hydrogenperoxide as well as water.

No I think it is all a cyclic and we are simply in a cycle we have not seen for some time.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
thats how you know you are in the one percent
at your house you can make ice cubes on the stove

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I see ATS does not understand the concept of ocean currents and there affect on weather.

Higher tempratures and melted ice have disrupted those, this leads to unpredictable weather.

Now im skeptical on the role humans have but climates do change, natrually it gets hotter and colder in cycles.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

No it doesnt go against thermodynamics

Currently the equllibrium of global tempratures had been upset. The extreme weather is equilibrium resetting. In a decades time if a new balance is set then overall tempretures will settle at a higher figure than before.

The world isnt a microwave burger, heating that takes a few minutes in microwave can takes hundreds of years on a planet the size of earth. Theres not just size but weather patterns, air and sea currents and heat sinks and heat emitters like seas.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

crazyewok

Now im skeptical on the role humans have but climates do change, natrually it gets hotter and colder in cycles.

Exactly, they were once called "seasons".

You know, before it became a political issue and way to push forward more revenue gathering methods and build more government controls through regulations, legislation etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

peter vlar

Isn't there a limit as to how much moisture can go into the atmosphere?

If moister is taken into the upper atmosphere the UV from the sun will create Ozone as that ozone cools it will produce Hydrogen, Oxygen and Hydrogenperoxide as well as water.

No I think it is all a cyclic and we are simply in a cycle we have not seen for some time.

To an extent, yes there is an upper limit for atmospheric saturation. however it will still affect things like the jet stream in the atmosphere as well as ocean temps and currents. atmospheric theory predicts that a slower jet stream will produce wavier and more sluggish weather patterns, in turn leading to more frequent extreme weather. And, turns out, that’s exactly what we’ve been seeing in recent years. Superstorm Sandy’s uncharacteristic left hook into the New Jersey coast in 2012 was one such example of an extremely anomalous jet stream blocking pattern. When these exceptionally wavy jet stream patterns occur mid-winter, it’s a recipe for cold air to get sucked southwards. This week, that’s happening in spectacular fashion.

www.youtube.com...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Too many people have no concept of what it means to have the global temps rise.

The elevated temps alter weather patterns, lift more moisture from the Oceans which in turn
fuels more powerful weather systems and can alter the jet stream and wind direction.

It is really Ignorant to scoff at out of season snow falls etc and point at someone trying to explain
that Global warming is to blame....IT IS.

Not picking on you in particular .. just the ignorant misconception that you have perpetuated here.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

crazyewok
I see ATS does not understand the concept of ocean currents and there affect on weather.

Higher tempratures and melted ice have disrupted those, this leads to unpredictable weather.

Exactly, all the weather recording trough history shows one importen fact, the weather has NEVER been the same, and is ALWAYS changing

I like to believe those guys whenever they tell us something, it is just that little fact. That they have always been so full of &%+@ that i dont even care what they have to say anymore...

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm really tired of people thinking that Global Warming means that it gets hotter everywhere on the planet, all at once.

It's CLIMATE CHANGE folks, which means that the CLIMATE CHANGES more DRASTICALLY because of the effects created naturally or by our hands.

My god, it's like you need a degree or something to understand basic environmental science.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Evening,

If you think that sounds odd you'll have to look at his other papers for context.
Classics such as Dry Water will drown us all, Heavy Air is making the sky fall or Platypus will bring about the extinction of the human race.

-Peace-
edit on 14-2-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
I'm really tired of people thinking that Global Warming means that it gets hotter everywhere on the planet, all at once.

It's CLIMATE CHANGE folks, which means that the CLIMATE CHANGES more DRASTICALLY because of the effects created naturally or by our hands.

My god, it's like you need a degree or something to understand basic environmental science.

~Tenth

Tell me about it........

I swear people these people will be under a foot of snow in the middle of summer and still think its normal.

Climate change IS happening,

There is no debate.

The climate is changing.

The only debates now are:
Whats mainly causing it?

To what degree are human activitys behind it?
(Id say we are not causing it, just speeding it up)

How to protect ourselfs from it?

Whoever came up with the term global warming needs a kick in rhe nutz as it just confusing the uneducated masses, should have just started off with the term climate change.
edit on 14-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yep, nothing new here... Just the natural cycle of the planet.

It's just different now because we are around to notice and record it.

Give it a couple hundred more years and I am sure we will see a pattern.
Nothing of course to do with humans and their effect on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join