It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin - Alexander Litvinenko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this so mods feel free to move. So, I was browsing through the YouTube world watching a ton of random videos, when I came across a "Most shocking" videos series from 1998. If you're not familiar with the "Most Shocking" series I will post the video below. In the segment I was watching they showed a UK man that suddenly fell ill. Turned out that he had been poisoned. The doctors couldn't figure out what was used because they didn't know what to test for or where to start. It turns out the man was poisoned with a chemical called Polonium-210. During the video they brought up Vladimir Putin as being a suspect.... So I stopped watching the video and started digging online.

It turns out that Alexander Litvinenko originally lived in Russia working for the Russian FSB Secret Service. Litvinenko had publicly accused the Russian Government of orchestrating the assassination of Boris Berezovsky. Mr. Litvinenko was then arrested. He was acquitted in 1999, and fled seeking asylum in the UK. While in UK he worked as a journalist for the British Intelligence Services. He also wrote a couple of books while in London. In one of the books, he accuses current president of Russia, Vladimir Putin of murdering other journalists. Six years later Litvinenko fell ill and died. After his death, UK authorities tried to extradite Andre Lugovoy - the main suspect behind the poisoning. The Russian government denied the request based on lack of evidence. The case went cold since then.

His full segment starts at the 27:27 marker in the video.

Recently Related
Related

I brought this hear, because this IS a conspiracy site. Also it seems as though some of the members on this website actually think highly of Mr. Putin, when IMO he's really a scumbag like any other politician. I would love to hear your thoughts, and opinions on this topic. Did a quick search but didn't see this posted on ATS. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Valentines Day!!!!

edit on 14-2-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: Bush did it...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Polonium-210 is a radioactive element that isn't typically used in the average Joes' everyday lives. It is typically used to prevent static electricity in machinery. It is also used as a lightweight heat source to power thermoelectric cells in satellites. In other words it is a very volatile element, with rapid radioactive decay (shelf life 138 days).

IAEA - Polonium-210
edit on 14-2-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: Realized I had replied to myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Heard about this some time ago. Info & disinfo *always* abound when security agencies from different countries are involved. To prove the point, in a search engine, type in the words polonium-210 + Arafat. By the time you finish reading those opposing articles, your head should spin itself right off.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Haha, funny you said that, because I did run across a couple articles titled "Killing Arafat" when I Google searched Polonium-210. I know what you're saying, and I didn't necessarily bring this story here because I wanted to prove one way or another. I just thought it was interesting considering he is the active president in Russia currently. Thanks for the response though.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This happened not very long ago.

The thing with Putin is, you have to admire him for at least being somewhat honest in the way he deals. Of course he killed Litvenienko. And of course he denies it. But it is so thin....and it is so obvious that he did it...and that was his intention.

I snake really isn't so bad, because you are aware of what the snake will do. You expect a snake to bite you, and when you are bit you aren't shocked.

But the wolf, like our leaders...you aren't quite sure what you have there.

Do i "like" either? Nope. But i can at least respect Putin. Respect that he makes no bones about who he is.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I admire you're honesty, but I don't respect a snake or a wolf. Nonetheless thank you for stopping in with you're input. I think Putin's past is a lot worse than people think. I'm absolutely positive that this isn't an isolated incident from the Russian President. Even Litvinenko accused him of staging the Russian apartment bombings, and other terrorism acts to give himself more power. Either way I see it, I have no respect for any murderers.

I just don't get how political representatives can be behind killing innocent people/citizens and not be accountable; Yet if the police catch someone in a petty theft crime, they will at least be doing a little jail time.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

He is a total scoundrel. The only difference between him and Bush Sr is that when Bush took his shirt off, people would vomit. And he never wrestled a bear.

OK, i made that last part up. But the point is, Putin is not a good man. Not someone I would want to be around. How many American presidents have left you with the impression that you would rather not meet them and shake hands?

Thus, why I can respect Putin. Because he makes it clear, at least to me, that I don't want to be around him. I want a lot of Earth between him and I. He doesn't try to endear himself to me. And he doesn't hide the fact that he has killed, and had people killed.

If Obama was accused of having Bill OReilly poisoned, how easily would you believe it? Or Bush having Bill Maher's brake lines cut?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

jeenyus2008

I just don't get how political representatives can be behind killing innocent people/citizens and not be accountable; Yet if the police catch someone in a petty theft crime, they will at least be doing a little jail time.

To answer this separately:

Because laws are not about justice. And court is not about justice. Its about the charade of law protecting financial interests.

Its why drugs are illegal. And everything under the sun is controlled. You are among the only species that isn't allowed to exist without paying a government.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I see what you're saying. I read it wrong, but I'm glad you stuck around to explain. I agree it is easy to be biased. Lol, btw I could have done without picturing Bush Sr. wrestling a bear!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

jeenyus2008

I see what you're saying. I read it wrong, but I'm glad you stuck around to explain. I agree it is easy to be biased. Lol, btw I could have done without picturing Bush Sr. wrestling a bear!!

wrestling a bear shirtless, no less.

Scare the bear off with liver spots, most likely.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Murdered by Putin definitely, always been my opinion on this. Although he is just another scumbag, Putin is the lesser of two evils I feel, but I still wouldn't want to call him my leader. I admire his standing up to the world police but thats about it.

This just reminded me of the MI6 Gareth Williams death, another strange one. Didn't mean to go off topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

VapourUK
Murdered by Putin definitely, always been my opinion on this. Although he is just another scumbag, Putin is the lesser of two evils I feel, but I still wouldn't want to call him my leader. I admire his standing up to the world police but thats about it.

This just reminded me of the MI6 Gareth Williams death, another strange one. Didn't mean to go off topic.

Lesser of two evils......I am sick of people thinking this way it is the reason scumbags like this get and keep power. It is not just Russia but every other country in the world TPTB fool you into making this choice.

Why not admire men like Martin Luther King or Thomas Jefferson. The same standards you hold for yourself should be the same standards by which you vote and admire.

And just so this post in not totally off topic....sorry OP......Putin is a scumbag. He is a bad man who gained power and keeps it by intimidation and corruption. Bottom line he is a criminal but thankfully for him many Russian's find that a quality to admire.
edit on 15-2-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join