It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia May Go Nuclear Because of Obama’s Iran Deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

President Obama wants an agreement with Iran to prevent a Middle Eastern nuclear arms race, but it’s pushing Saudi Arabia toward its own nuke program.

www.thedailybeast.com...

That is all the world needs. A nuke race in the middle east.

I personally trust Saudi, about as much as I do Iran. Anyone paying attention to the middle east knows what the real deal is, and who are the true instigators of that 'instability'.

Of course those who live at the alter of demagoguery push quite the different villain.

Get the popcorn, and beer folks, its gonna be the Pakistan, India arms race all over again. The US, and the Russian arms race all over again. The Chinese arms race that has already began.

If Obama had half a clue this country would step up it's missile defense technology, and create jobs doing it,

Real jobs, blue collar jobs.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not unexpected in the least.And I share your POV on Saudi,Neo.Having said that of course Saudi Arabia would want the nuke card too if we(US)let Iran get away with it.We may even give them the technology.Only the uninformed think the US and Israel alone hate Iran.The Sauds are a very close third,I feel.
edit on CSTFripm5361 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add:In addition the Iranians just threatened to attack ANY country that has US bases.That would be Saudi Arabia and 4 others in the middle east.
edit on CSTFripm5361 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary of Nicola Tesla, in it he wanted to build a super weapon and give it to the world, so all countries will be safe and of equal power. I'm guessing if everybody has the nuke there will be no wars, for fear of annihilation.

So let everybody play with the big boy toys, And please don't tell me in the hands of a mad man the world will be destroyed, most of the worlds nuclear arsenal are in the hands of mad men .

It might even make armies obsolete.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought i read on here somewhere, Obama was a Saudi agent...So this would be good for them?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the idea of a middle eastern nuke race is something no one in the west would want. yet anyone who does a little research into nuclear technology and how it developed in the world would see that its no longer the case of developing anything.
The process and knowledge of how to create this is already out there, its merely the radioactive element and making it weapons grade. Students in a US College are able asked build a viable nuclear device with just the radioactive component missing, as a test,
A great source of information is a documentary made by Lucy Walker call "Countdown to Zero".

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

I thought i read on here somewhere, Obama was a Saudi agent...So this would be good for them?

They said the same thing about Bush.

Saudi uses the US for their own agenda.
edit on 14-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If the world powers and their dog have been hell bent on wiping Iran out for what they claim is their trying to go nuclear, then the same rhetoric ought to be levelled at Saudi shouldn't it?

Not hearing anyone jumping up and down and gnashing at the bit about Saudi threatening to get the bomb?

Sanctions first though, then blow them away...that's how the game works, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Can you provide reliable sources for what you claim about Iran please?

And if they did threaten to attack those countries, in what context was the threat made?

i.e. If Iran is attacked by a US coalition, from those countries that have US bases?

If so, that is a completely justifiable position wouldn't you say?

Put it this way, if the US was attacked by X country, using forces based in X's friendly countries, those then become completely legitamate targets for the US to retaliate against in order to prevent further attacks on the US from those bases, obviously.

Please provide the source and the context if you don't mind, thanks.

edit on 14-2-2014 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by neo96

If the world powers and their dog have been hell bent on wiping Iran out for what they claim is their trying to go nuclear, then the same rhetoric ought to be levelled at Saudi shouldn't it?

Not hearing anyone jumping up and down and gnashing at the bit about Saudi threatening to get the bomb?

Sanctions first though, then blow them away...that's how the game works, isn't it?

Or not, and use Saudi for once instead of the other way, and the US keeps it's hands 'clean'.

Let someone else deal with it.

What’s worse than one radical Islamic nation with nuclear weapons? Two of them.

www.thetrumpet.com...

rt.com...

Besides sanctions don't really do anything.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is widely believed that Saudi Arabia has been a sole financier of Pakistan's own integrated atomic bomb project since 1974, a programme founded by former prime minister Zulfi Bhutto.[6][

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

An interesting thread, as always friend Neo.

Does the middle eastern culture hold the same value to human life as western cultures?

Many western nations have had the bomb for decades, yet it is our abhorance to total destruction that has kept our fingers off the triggers.

Would middle eastern nations hold that same value to life?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
and people wonder why that little sliver called Israel has some...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Funny, I thought I read he was a Muslim Marxist from Indonesia or something. Doesn't matter, he doesn't seem to want to support SA and has thrown most of his support behind radical Islamist like the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda anyway.

As for the nukes you'd think a country with as much money as SA would have a secret base somewhere and have already built some. If I was them I would have.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Im still confused.

USA = enemy of Al Queda

Al Queda = Leader was saudi Arabian

Iran = Enemy of Al Queda

USA are firm allies to Saudi Arabia and supply them with the latest military tec. USA is enemy of Iran.

What am I missing?

edit on 14-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Does the middle eastern culture hold the same value to human life as western cultures?

Most do, some don't, and we have witnessed what the some don't have done in Libya,Syria,Iraq, and Afghanistan.

From IEDs of daisy chaining 155mm artillery shells, to stoning people, beheading people, driving truck bombs in to embassies, strapping suicide bomb vests on, and walking in to markets.

From dragging dead bodies in the streets of Tripoli, and hanging them, and burning them in Fallujah.

And the infamous what they have done with planes.

Nukes in the middle east is a recipe for horror.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've always thought it was merely a matter of time until the world at large demanded nuclear weapons.

In fact, I'm really surprised it has taken 70 years ...

Israel ... well, you know.

I hate to sound callous, but, I think the world is going to have to have a fresh demonstration of what nukes can actually do.

Those old pictures from Hiroshima and Nagasaki aren't really doing it anymore.

Every technology that has been invented has been the "ultimate weapon to end all wars."

Gunpowder, cannon, personal firearms, dynamite, machine guns, trench warfare, aerial bombardment, atomic weapons, nuclear weapons, space weapons ...

The list never ends. Either the life urge will ultimately overcome the death urge in humanity, or we'll go the way of the dodo.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
if saudi wants nukes its very easy for them to get them,what with them being buddy buddy with Pakistan(i believe the royal family is guarded by a Pakistani contingent akin to how the Swiss guard the pope ) like other members have stated its not exactly hard to build one in this day and age(its not 1940's any more) and with the amount of income the Saudis have not like they cant just buy anything they need to make on their own from their nuclear homie to the north

but a nuclear armed Saudi would solidify its position as the default king pin in the region (size of nation and military plus amount of cash on hand) ,with only Israeli missiles able to respond until iran's program bears fruit

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Saudi is no ally of the US.

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[65] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, Bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[66] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[65] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[67]

en.wikipedia.org...

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari. Read more: www.upi.com...

Pay Attention:

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, came only one day after the embattled Damascus regime was battered by the loss of four of President Bashar Assad's most important security chiefs in a bombing inside the heavily guarded national security headquarters. Read more: www.upi.com...

The deal in the middle east is Sunni(Saudi), and Iran (shia) fighting each other for domination within Islam.

They use other peoples countries instead of having the balls to go after each other directly.

That has drag both the US, and the EU , and other Western, and Asian countries in to their centuries old little dance.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

the fact of iran wanting a nuclear defense could be seen as irrelivent of us involvement, as it was said israel have the bomb.
Saudi doesnt need a bomb, it operates like china, in essence it buys things. it owns near 10% of the us economy.
the "how to build" everyone knows, the creator of pakistani bomb went on to sell everything needed in a catalogue. he sold to several people before being stopped, he was creditied with the creation of the north korean and iranian nuclear programs.
fact is any of the countrys could build the bomb if they had the radioavtive material. so if you cant buy it they have to make it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As I said why is the USA still acting buddy buddy with Saudi arabia and supplying them with the best and latest in arms?

I know Irans has done some queationable things. But the focus of US suspicion should be there "allies" Pakistan and Saudi arabia.
Iran to me seem happy to be left alone and not much of a threat.

Of course the best bet is the USA withdraws and leaves the ME quarentines it and leaves them to carry on killing each other.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought the Saudi's were buying nukes from Pakistan so why bother with a nuke program when you have all the money in the world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join