It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No denying of ignorance here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Firstly I love this site.

But deny ignorance is a lie. Taking advantage of ignorance has made a lot of money for the owners and more power to them for that.

I don't think it can be changed, and I wouldn't want to but this site has been built on encouraging ignorance.

We've got moon myths, bigfoot conversations, greys, reptillians etc. etc.

All these people taking solace in other's ignorance and listening to what they say.
This is a mixing pot of crazies that need guidance and instead of laughing and walkin away we stay to listen further.

You are not here because you're special and want to know the "real" answers. You are here because you are weak and want "easy" answers.

I don't know is the most powerful answer to any question and i feel society is belittled everytime someone tries a different answer than "I don't know"

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

You need a snickers?

You are not here because you're special and want to know the "real" answers. You are here because you are weak and want "easy" answers.

Uhmmm... Speak for yourself.

Maybe this should be placed in Rant?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I could do with a snickers. Thank you.

And this is a rant so moving may be needed. It's a relevant one however.

Ignorance should be fought and not mollycoddled or any other of the numerous words created to make the ignorant feel better.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What you're expressing sounds awfully black and white to me, allowing no room for people to learn and change their minds gradually. If I come along and tell you you're wrong when your own experience can't let go of a solid impression you have, then what?

I think we most certainly do have people on here who will point out flaws in an argument, or a photo or what have you, but we cannot all be masters of everything. Even the most educated and competent people can be wrong at times. It's not about the owners of the site allowing ignorance to flourish, but rather allowing this fantastic community to grow at its own pace. If you will be receptive to my suggestion, I urge you to be less judgmental and just join in. We can't help but learn from each other in this diverse community.

Cheers!
edit on 14-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar
reply to post by sulaw

I could do with a snickers. Thank you.

And this is a rant so moving may be needed. It's a relevant one however.

Ignorance should be fought and not mollycoddled or any other of the numerous words created to make the ignorant feel better.

I eagerly await your site where no mollycoddling and Bigfoots nor Aliens are allowed. I'm sure it will be so much more popular than ATS, with all the super intelligent, non-ignorant millions posting brilliant non-ignorant threads.

When will your new non-ignorant site be up and running...I can't wait...

Des.....oops...another UFO just flew over my house, and Bigfoot is knocking at my door.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

While some subject here are just plain silly, some have merit. Some have been proven to be conspiracy fact.
But be careful, it's not nice to tell folks which subjects are silly. It may "offend" them. I have an appointment in Center Earth with the reptilian leader to discuss chemtrails, so I have to go.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You say firstly that you love this site? Boy....I'd hate to see what you'd say if you hated it/us.

And by the way....you are absolutely and completely wrong. Misguided and imis-informed perhaps as well. But, never the less...wrong.

But...its your opinion. Youre entitled. As I am to mine.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

I don't know is the most powerful answer to any question and i feel society is belittled everytime someone tries a different answer than "I don't know"

Actually Society is belittled by those that would stifle investigation into those subjects you deem unworthy.

"I don't know" should be the impetus for investigation and the attempt to deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just another rant by another poster whom has not pulled themselves out of their glass ceiling. She's if I had a dollar for everytime someone denies challenges associated with the mainstream media, and academics of today, I would be a wealthy man.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Destinyone

Krahzeef_Ukhar

I eagerly await your site where no mollycoddling and Bigfoots nor Aliens are allowed. I'm sure it will be so much more popular than ATS, with all the super intelligent, non-ignorant millions posting brilliant non-ignorant threads.

When will your new non-ignorant site be up and running...I can't wait...

Des.....oops...another UFO just flew over my house, and Bigfoot is knocking at my door.

Wait ,,dont go yet,,Bigfoot is going to be here soon::::

edit on 14-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I see you are contradicting yourself here.
Site motto: Deny ignorance.
Topic: Bigfoot likes banana.
To go against site: Reject or ignore it, No bigfoot exist!
To go with site: You have to accept it, Bigfoot also love cakes!

What are you proposing is to reject and ignore that "Bigfoot likes banana, because they dont exist", am I correct ?
The deny ignorance is a wordplay, its a double negative, take sometime to read slowly and think about it.
The site owner is doing what the word is saying - ignoring nothing.

"I dont know" fall into "ignorance" part, site will "deny" it, thus - dont post "I dont know" here.
edit on 15-2-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join