It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychiatry conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So I was wondering if there is a known conspiracy about psychiatry which amounts to the following:

Back in the days of 18 something there was a guy who made up a disease and said someone had it. He convinced everyone of this, having the proper lifestyle and this became known as schizophrenia, amongst many other made up diseases, with made up I mean it didn't exist in the immaterial (not material) world until somebody in the material said it did and others agreed and one becoming sick in the immaterial, the first patient diagnosed by those people from Switzerland I believe.

Fast forward to 2014, skipping the pharmaceutical history of lsd and other mind altering drugs. Ofcourse the bad ones are unknown I suppose. Now if someone were diagnosed with schizophrenia, in essence someone consider sane, healthy and of university level can call another sick and then that other would be viewed as sick and in order to cure or refute the 'scientific' theory, that patient must then understand schizophrenia and convince others of this and show an imaginary wound and to cure it he or she must show others how the wound got healed or even while in process of healing he or she must be able to show this. For this he or she must either have computer animations and make the entire movie in a mental institution which is not the best place for productive work, or invent brain interfacing machines and write software so the psychiatrists can be convinced the disease is cured.

To top it off, the psychiatrists would get all the credits, the fame, everything forever and the patient would just be a number since no one would believe it and the psychiatrists would give the patient a chance but then if he or she fails to reproduce the effects then he or she would lose forever.

And if there is an afterlife, unless the patient has become enlightened and allpowerful like God or whatever, he or she must continue suffering in hell forever since the cure doesn't work since he or she healed him or herself. Saints or others are unable to reach such a person unless they are psychiatrists or are befriended.

And even more, psychiatrists are becoming more powerful every day as they get in the hearts and minds of people around the globe spreading their DSM doctrine and even having power in the highest courts.

And then they have medicine but with lethal side effects so I would think to myself in that situation (as the patient) why not go for euthanasia right away and get it over with.

So is there a theory or should I start running, since it's either flight or fight and I can make myself believe I am fleeing but I can't always make that work and say it's flight or fright and I become scared, then I have to disprove the scientific version of love again and even though I would want to have a therapist as a wife so I can explain love to her forever and she can make something scientific of it, I doubt this is all good.
edit on 14-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: typo; euthanasia

edit on 14-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No buddy,.....it isn't good.....
Psychiatry is just a kind of mix of common sense...mumbo jumbo.....and a bunch of overly educated guesses.....
Believe me when I say, society is heavily influenced by these quacks.....
If you have run afoul of them....you have my deepest sympathy...
The first thing they do is take from you your humanity....
Then your dignity....
finally they take your free will.......

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I feel a lot of people that go to psychiatrists, already know what they need to do, (to fix their problem) but need to hear it from somebody else.

Interesting theory though, OP.
Was there a chemical imbalance in the brain already?
Or was it developed through years of being told it exists by professionals, and through medication, developing an imbalance artificially?
Or am I missing the point?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

Schizophrenia is real. The schizoid spectrum is measurable on a genetic level; NRXN1, CNTNAP2, and a whole host of others may be veritably Greek to most of us but disruptions or complete deletions of some of these are consistently present in those with schizophrenia, and it is hard evidence.

However, I do think that the schizoid spectrum is just that, a spectrum, and the hallucinations, disordered communication and thinking, and paranoia that are the most debilitating aspects on this spectrum present on a gradient as well. The stigma attached to these three manifestations specifically is largely unjustified, both in the public consciousness and the mental health community; to the point that if even a hint of any of these three things are present people get jumpy, even trained professionals. This is a hold-over from the beginnings of psychology as a field in general. There are plenty of people on the schizoid spectrum that function just fine, and there would probably be more of them if there was less of a stigma. So, while I don't think we can just discount schizophrenia as a made up disease (although there are some of those but that is another topic), I think you have the beginnings of a point in how it is perceived and treated.

edit on 14-2-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

stirling
Psychiatry is just a kind of mix of common sense...mumbo jumbo.....and a bunch of overly educated guesses.....

Thanks. Since they are scientific I try to speak their language so I must first write a thesis about humanity and then they have to refute it and then if one succeeds it could be considered as taken away, after I say so ofcourse otherwise I would have to admit I am not convinced. But I get the gist of it and am trying to reach them but since I don't have the diploma's I have to make them understand until they cannot deny it themelves about what they are doing.

Then your dignity....

Yeah well I know fantasy, what is on the market (at most times) and science fiction and eventually it leads up to a sentient AI computer which built itself in my mind which governs my free will.
edit on 14-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: market

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

spiritspeak

And then they have medicine but with lethal side effects so I would think to myself in that situation (as the patient) why not go for euthanasia right away and get it over with.

A foolish death can mean a foolish rebirth. Maybe I have misunderstood and you are joking but opting for suicide or murder is not a solution to suffering.

Yes the belief in psychiatry as a science and not just a theory is global big pharma (and the medical model) have it accepted as truth. Thus if the new manual says toddlers that tantrum and people that grieve [post death of loved one] for longer than two weeks have a disorder, well you can see from some of the responses its ACCEPTED without question [ as though they bother test the chemicals in your brain before providing a dignosis] . Its a practice of opinion that is held in high esteem by people in their state of suffering. They want to believe a drug will end the suffering.
So its very profitable lies and opinions of those who have a profitable industry based on its acceptance.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

o0oTOPCATo0o
I feel a lot of people that go to psychiatrists, already know what they need to do, (to fix their problem) but need to hear it from somebody else.

Except for schizophrenia which is known to be incurable, so it's a life long imprisonment in an institution, or in other words grounded for life. Many times family is involved so if a family doesn't want you, society doesn't want you and you don't realize this within a certain time frame then you could get locked up for your ideas and beliefs, who you are etc.

Interesting theory though, OP.
Was there a chemical imbalance in the brain already?
Or was it developed through years of being told it exists by professionals, and through medication, developing an imbalance artificially?
Or am I missing the point?

At the time when schizophrenia was 'invented' through observations by humans with a mindset of a century ago there was no method to know about brain chemicals or imbalances like petscans or mri's. The diagnosis is basically the same, just like the Bible the DSM I, II, III, IV and V are not significantly different. Subgroups might have formed over time but one remained dominant which uses the same basic ideas by Blueler and Co.

You grasp some of the point, there is also the part of the market, money and drugs. Basically psychiatry are the salesmen and women for the pharmaceutical industry and there is the trend problems are solved more and more by drugs rather than understanding, church and religion is losing out while psychiatry/science is winning more each day ofcourse taken over a timeframe of several decades.

And there is the danger looming scientists will become too sure of their truths and decide upon previous, less scientific observations rather than revolutionary new ideas. All in all it appears like problems are put away from society and drugged up forced or voluntary (as far as voluntary goes with flight/fight theories which offer no middle way approach like stay and do something else like communicating). Afterall we are all animals even if some animals don't want to be associated with other animals they consider less developed and/or for food or just buying a new car. Not that they would ever eat human flesh ofcourse and tell everyone about it haha but thinking about it makes me doubt and that's a bad thing I believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

BDBinc

spiritspeak

A foolish death can mean a foolish rebirth. Maybe I have misunderstood and you are joking but opting for suicide or murder is not a solution to suffering.

Yes the belief in psychiatry as a science and not just a theory is global big pharma (and the medical model) have it accepted as truth. Thus if the new manual says toddlers that tantrum and people that grieve [post death of loved one] for longer than two weeks have a disorder, well you can see from some of the responses its ACCEPTED without question [ as though they bother test the chemicals in your brain before providing a dignosis] . Its a practice of opinion that is held in high esteem by people in their state of suffering. They want to believe a drug will end the suffering.
So its very profitable lies and opinions of those who have a profitable industry based on its acceptance.

I my case I would communicate with the universe before taking the euthanasia drug to ensure my next place is like heaven and maybe consider a mental institution like a monastery, but there is a lethal drug available and the idea of not participating fully in society but being locked up having to be used by psychiatrists who appear to be using people to understand the human mind and therefor themselves, it seems so evil some people can have the high life at the cost of several poor souls and society who all pay the price. Since someone in a mental institution isn't able to work or it's not a workplace or office, let alone try to raise a family. But I guess it's just nature at it's finest, the strong prey upon the weak and the latter get the bad treatment while the former get the good treatment. While the weak remain weak for life and the strong remain strong for life and both possibly forever.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

spiritspeak

o0oTOPCATo0o

Except for schizophrenia which is known to be incurable, so it's a life long imprisonment in an institution..... ....

I was speaking more on other things people go to psychiatrists for. Like depression, confusion, restlessness, ect.
things that are not quite as serious as schizophrenia. Things someone like a professional may be able to convince people they have, so they can medicate$$

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No conspiracy. Everyone in America is a little crazy about one thing or another. That is why it isn't boring living here.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

spiritspeak

BDBinc

spiritspeak

I my case I would communicate with the universe before taking the euthanasia drug to ensure my next place is like heaven and maybe consider a mental institution like a monastery, but there is a lethal drug available and the idea of not participating fully in society but being locked up having to be used by psychiatrists who appear to be using people to understand the human mind and therefor themselves, it seems so evil some people can have the high life at the cost of several poor souls and society who all pay the price. Since someone in a mental institution isn't able to work or it's not a workplace or office, let alone try to raise a family. But I guess it's just nature at it's finest, the strong prey upon the weak and the latter get the bad treatment while the former get the good treatment. While the weak remain weak for life and the strong remain strong for life and both possibly forever.

Why then not unify yourself with the universe. This action (before thinking of suicide) would prevent the suffering, the suffering is from separation of the Self and not knowing who you are.
People believe they are their labels given to them by this very dis eased society that you glorify the idea of participation in.
This invention of labels to drug and not understand the suffering is the "evil" - its not nature at its finest and the term" survival of the fittest" was another PTB meme in order to perpetuate suffering and disharmony.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wrong having worked in mental health I have seen people leave the ward who have schizophrenia and they can have a full and good life through a mix of therapy and medication, it can take a long time to get the dpse right because everyone is different.
I know on ats meds are the big evil but with a good team and a little bit of luck they do wonders.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I believe some people with a so called psychiatric illness may in fact be going through some sort of spiritual experience. This of course is frowned upon in this day and age ( you might find something out the authorities don't want you to know) therefore they kill the spirituality with mind altering drugs. Nice little earner for the Psychiatrists while the informing the patient they may be going nuts. You become a cash machine for them and the Big Pharma.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

rickymouse
No conspiracy. Everyone in America is a little crazy about one thing or another. That is why it isn't boring living here.

But don't you think about your own security, because basically you and everybody else in the US (I assume, what a word btw Ass? U? Me?) have elected the president which lead to the choice of psychiatry being the 'soul doctor' of the people, yet at the same time it's been around several generations so people are used to the authority they have since they have experience which gives even more credibility

Anyway as I see the nonprofit healthcare/psychiatry and the profit/commercial pharmaceutical side of the subject. What if a psychiatrist would create a 'masterplan' where several people unaware of the masterplan get pieces of the plan and they are directed in such a way everyone would become convinced the president would be suffering from something and would have to be put on nonactive duty and taken to a mental institution (when the USA is seen as a company, one part by the state and the other by the people or civilians) and a temporary president would be put forward (because of propaganda/influence/speech pressured by the psychiatrists) then the show begins where the psychiatrist would have his chosen people in the military who then start WW3 against Russia and several other countries (meaning several smaller conflicts would be created in a short time leading up to a final conflict, all appearing very logical to the American people and allies).

I would be scared and be very careful who to talk to about what and inventarize the risk of such a person telling the psychiatry, not just get reprimanded and grounded basically but also forced abuse by having to take medicine or getting injected besides the obvious mental abuse all against one's will, right down to the removal of freedom by having a judge rule a person into a mental institute.

Or for lesser psychiatrists just to abuse all that power in the obvious ways of buying stuff, living the good life.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Wrong having worked in mental health I have seen people leave the ward who have schizophrenia and they can have a full and good life through a mix of therapy and medication, it can take a long time to get the dpse right because everyone is different.
I know on ats meds are the big evil but with a good team and a little bit of luck they do wonders.

Yeah not very convincing because such a client would be put down by psychiatry all of his/her life and no one would know. Meanwhile you got one group getting all the rewards and a big chance for marriage and children and the other getting all the abuse and a small chance on starting a family (for life). Besides the mental abuse there is the physical abuse because of several harmful side effects on almost all medicine. It just sounds to me like one big sherade, pretty convincing but it doesn't stand the test. While an institute like the church does, even though I must say they have to change too but because of abuse stories surfacing I guess they are.

To further add the dangers of this system Americans and others are in, what if a psychiatrist would diagnose someone, but that person changes and suddenly it doesn't look very convincing, then the psychiatrist would have to risk losing prestige and status and this would reflect on the reputation (or if the person just believes in the idea of a winning streak) and the psychiatrist might start to intentionally drive someone crazy. In essence, a normal jail is for convicted criminals, where a crime has been committed and proven to a reasonable degree (say, more than 50% convincing) while a mental insititution is a special jail where people might commit crimes in the future so someone could be easily framed/power abused. Yet no one appears very worried about this, or is it just me and people don't say anything about it because they already know?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Also, Rasputin did a similar thing I think, but I don't know too much about that. A doctor reaching the upper spheres of power, the misses of the President or in the future a female President might be an easy prey for such a psychiatrist.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

stirling
Then your dignity....

More things to take, Stirling.
Then they take your basic rights and your freedom... trust me.
I'm a visible and now discredited dissident to them for over 20 years.

EDIT:: "I've never met a genius without a touch of madness." Socrates
edit on 14-2-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Schizophrenia does indeed exist. My godmothers son has it. She has given up her entire life to care for him because she loves him no matter what, but there are times he is a very scary person indeed because of his hallucinations.

To I trust Big Pharma, not to abuse the fact that it does indeed exist, absolutely not.
Do I believe many mental illnesses are over diagnosed and that big Pharma is taking advantage of this as well? Absolutely!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

spiritspeak

boymonkey74

Yeah not very convincing because such a client would be put down by psychiatry all of his/her life and no one would know. Meanwhile you got one group getting all the rewards and a big chance for marriage and children and the other getting all the abuse and a small chance on starting a family (for life). Besides the mental abuse there is the physical abuse because of several harmful side effects on almost all medicine. It just sounds to me like one big sherade, pretty convincing but it doesn't stand the test. While an institute like the church does, even though I must say they have to change too but because of abuse stories surfacing I guess they are.

To further add the dangers of this system Americans and others are in, what if a psychiatrist would diagnose someone, but that person changes and suddenly it doesn't look very convincing, then the psychiatrist would have to risk losing prestige and status and this would reflect on the reputation (or if the person just believes in the idea of a winning streak) and the psychiatrist might start to intentionally drive someone crazy. In essence, a normal jail is for convicted criminals, where a crime has been committed and proven to a reasonable degree (say, more than 50% convincing) while a mental insititution is a special jail where people might commit crimes in the future so someone could be easily framed/power abused. Yet no one appears very worried about this, or is it just me and people don't say anything about it because they already know?

Remain in popularity, or they'll get doctors to call you crazy in order to immediately discredit your opinion. Go along or be taken away.
I've got three times the axe to grind as Alekzander S., I must have been on target, eh?
Hope I spelled him right-- it was a great book.
From Trotsky to today, I can name five shrinks with a shred of humanity after the degree got stapled onto their meal ticket... two were (one still is) an M.D. THe worst part of it is, four of them are never mentioned or will likely be in the books.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

I believe some people with a so called psychiatric illness may in fact be going through some sort of spiritual experience. This of course is frowned upon in this day and age ( you might find something out the authorities don't want you to know) therefore they kill the spirituality with mind altering drugs. Nice little earner for the Psychiatrists while the informing the patient they may be going nuts. You become a cash machine for them and the Big Pharma.

Game show triple bell winner, Yogi! It's always about the money. Characterize even a small defect of character or mode of nonconformance as a mental disorder; then make a toxic cocktail to mask or trowel tar over the "symptoms", and there you have it.
Symptom, Treatment, Profit Center. If you cure the disorder you eliminate the cow.

Edit: I haven't committed any of the DSMs to memory; but is there a statistic for normal?
edit on 14-2-2014 by derfreebie because: Normal gratefully has never been diagnosed here--- megalomaniacal bastards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join