It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals (Progresives) that are anti-gun have a mental illness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

dabs1903
reply to post by IbcBen

The key is to eliminate their primary source of income.

During Hurricane Katrina Thugs with guns were shooting at rescue helicopters.

With out getting it to details they all died ... "drowning" ...

The problem can be fixed. But since the politicians in Chi town profit off it nothing will be done until they all hang...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

Last stand of the Spartans!

Come and take it!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
reply to post by IbcBen

Last stand of the Spartans!

Come and take it!

We all have to die someday, today is as good a day as ever, and disarmament as good a reason as any.

Come and Get it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

This calls for a victory song!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Im glad I missed this rather unbelievable post earlier, but now that I've found it I can't help asking if this little triumph made the news, because if it undermines your entire point if true.

You are apparently just the person I was thinking about who talks about a well organized militia but indeed goes out to answer unarmed violence with gun violence. I hope this is some kind of bizarre trolling attempt.

And what was it during Katrina? Thugs shooting at the authorities and being dealt with (heh heh) or orderly policing by armed citizens and only two people killed?

Still looking for intellectual honesty and finding the responses to that request to be few brief and contradictory.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

I'm not opposed to people carrying firearms should they feel the need to, in fact I encourage it. Get some training and carry the gun if it makes you feel better. Like I said, I grew up in LK territory, I've seen first hand how these people work. They don't want to come at you from the front, they tend to come from behind or in groups so they can limit your ability to react. They will kill you over your wallet, make no mistake about that, but 9 times out of 10 they'll split once you've handed over what they want. I'd rather part with a piece of leather, some plastic, and paper, than my life. The concealed carry crowd needs to acknowledge the fact that a criminal will make every effort to prevent you from using your gun, most of them don't want a murder charge over a wallet, but if you make a wrong move they'll gladly accept that charge. The wallet should go first, if they continue the threat then you should make every effort to go out swinging.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

dabs1903
reply to post by IbcBen

I'm not opposed to people carrying firearms should they feel the need to, in fact I encourage it. Get some training and carry the gun if it makes you feel better. Like I said, I grew up in LK territory, I've seen first hand how these people work. They don't want to come at you from the front, they tend to come from behind or in groups so they can limit your ability to react. They will kill you over your wallet, make no mistake about that, but 9 times out of 10 they'll split once you've handed over what they want. I'd rather part with a piece of leather, some plastic, and paper, than my life. The concealed carry crowd needs to acknowledge the fact that a criminal will make every effort to prevent you from using your gun, most of them don't want a murder charge over a wallet, but if you make a wrong move they'll gladly accept that charge. The wallet should go first, if they continue the threat then you should make every effort to go out swinging.

You are articulating exactly my thoughts. You should have training, to be safe to yourself and those around you should you make that choice to use it. You are absolutely right, using the fire arm in every instance is not the right answer, it is the last resort, and many liberals choose to continue to paint the pro defensive carry crowd and people waiting to murder someone because they have a gun. Your firearm is your last resort, and should only be pulled and used if you feel imminent danger to your life. I'd much rather give away a wallet than get myself killed, but if I feel like I'm going to get killed anyway, I'm going to do my best to first get away, diffuse the situation, or defend my life by any means available.

Part of defensive training is mindset training this comes with if practiced regularly a higher situation awareness. If you don't see it coming, that's just to bad, and sometimes no matter what it must just play out you don't see it coming.

That is not an excuse not to train, to become knowledgeable about defensive techniques and to stop relying on law enforcement to react later. It is however open encouragement to all to be better citizens to each other and keep an eye out.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

I agree, but let us not be mistaken, there are those on the right that spout off about the gun being the primary solution. These are the people that the far left are latching onto for their argument, while those of us both left and right who propose a common sense approach are drowned out. The problem with the current gun debate here in America is that the far left and right are the ones controlling the argument, as such we get nowhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just to be clear I have never called for an all out ban on fire arms I do support regulations and registration. lawful people should have no problem waiting for an gun to add to their collection. Personally I see no need for a gun many people do ,it really isn't right that pro gun people demand to walk around with a fire arm who do not want that around their children and wonder why people are sketchy about it where is the respect for these people being shown in any of this as you flash your gun around, don't like it stfu is the attitude right I guess it is not about anyone but yourselves and that is the problem with the gun culture now isn't it.

I don't care what people do at home keep it in your closet and make damn sure no one will steal it like how you so easily stole your mothers gun that you brought to school .This is not the wild west any more , it is not like we live in a time when the constitution was written where to wait for local law enforcement could take a day by horse.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Liberal, conservative, progressive, democrat, republican, all words used to divide and conquer. These groups may not have formed for that purpose but that's certainly what they're being used for today. Personally I am pro 2nd amendment. All this talk of liberal this, conservatives that, back and forth till oblivion is just what they want us doing. Let's fix the primary cause of all crime first, poverty, then we can worry about whether or not a gun kills a person, or a person kills a person.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Gotta correct you. The cities and states that have tougher gun laws might have higher crime rates than the ( mostly more rural) red cities and states. However crime is down EVERYWHERE. The crime rate has only dropped over time in America. Especially the violent crime rate.

I'm a Mississippi guy who knows it would be a disaster to attempt to disarm the
community. However the argument that higher crime rates in a city that has tough gun laws compared to a mainly rural areas with less restrictive laws when there's no barrier between the two is just a false one. It doesn't do any good to have tough gun laws when you can drive 12 miles across a state line get your guns and drive back. It's not like they preform checks at the city line.

This is a very unlogical faux news talking point. A better comparison is Europe where no one has guns for countries around.

I agree that the people I grew up around would have a rebellion if they tried to take there guns. Which would be worse then the gun crime we already have. But the thought that we have 2 guns to every person in the country and that makes us safer is obviously just crazy.....

I'm sure assaults with clubs and knives will rise if some geni magically made them all guns disappear. But wouldn't it be mainly people who would have used a gun if one had been available! The liberal position is that assaults would be far less likely to end in death if the aggressor has a less effective weapon. The conservative posturing is that I don't care what you give the bad guys. If I'm armed I'll win.

In reality your 4xs more likely to kill yourself, child or a loved one then you are to sucessfully defend yourself against an attacker.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CellDamage420

Well played homie... Well played.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dabs1903

I gotta disagree about this one issue. With guns the dens would take any restrictions they can get. ANY restrictions would have looked like a win after sandy hook, but they couldn't get ANYTHING done. Which undoubtably looked like a loss for them. Over all I agree with the loudest being the craziest with both sides. But with guns it's the right that is immovable. The left would take anything they could get.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
reply to post by TDawgRex

Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it.

However when a group of people take their opinion and use it infringe on a guaranteed right I have issues.

I grew up in New Orleans, LA I was shot by 2 black guys that were in a gang. They did it in retaliation of me using a US history book to remove the front teeth of their gang leader that facilitated my almost daily beating for no other reason than being white in an all black school. Despite the fact of being shot in my chest and leg in 2 spots I returned fire and shot both of them. Had I not been tipped off by a friend I would not have taken my mothers 9mm to school with me that day and likely would have been shot many more times.

My right to defend myself trumps all opinions to the contrary.

So now we get to listen about mental health issues from a vigilante, who knew that there was going to be shoot-out at his school, told no-one about it, instead took a handgun, willingly walked into said school shoot-out, and got shot/shot some other dudes ?

Right mate.

You're the sane one.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I didn't read the post, but based on your topic..

.. are you saying, that ANYONE, who does not possess a sick device that has been designed for MURDERING (and nothing else), is mentally ill?

Does that sound rational to you, really?

"Ah, you don't have criminal tools in your house, you must be mentally ill!"

Wow.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
I am beginning to think Progressive liberal ideology in regards to gun control is a form of mental illness.

edit on 2552014-02-14T11:42:25-06:002014-02-14T11:42:25-06:00fam2 by SWCCFAN because: ETA progressives

Don't be daft !!!!
2nd

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

freedomSlave
Really are you serious .
I think you might have some problems of your own there hoss.

ETA also the same can be argued with pro gun people . atleast when the libs snap well they don't have gun now do they . unlike you pro gun people who have an already access to a deadly weapon

edit on 14/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

What is "an already access" ???

Also wen you say "snap" you mean that hyperliberal people don't go out and buy a gun WHEN they snap?? Cause to me the mental breakdown doesn't happen when a person pulls the trigger, the mental breakdown happens when they decide to kill others and then put into a plan of action. Buying the firearm comes after the "snap".

Look at history, conservatives traditionally have a very high tolerance for putting up with peoples crap before they really go off the deep end.

There's one real stand-out hyper conservative that went nuts in history; HITLER. The rest of the wackos who murdered many more millions than Hitler were all hyper-liberals who later turned into totalitarian as*holes after duping everyone with their liberal bul\sh\t.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Your kinda ignoring the thought that they might already have a gun when they snap. The entire thought behind the waiting period is to stop the impulsive murders where someone snaps and buys a gun before they come to there senses.

We know people are gonna snap. The real question is , what's better the crazy person to have a gun, but you have one too. Or for niether to have a gun.

Once again It would prob start another civil war if they outlawed guns. I just think it says something about us that even though you 4xs more likely to hurt yourself or a loved one. Then to defend yourself, yet we all think we're the exception to the rule.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The OP's opinion is typical of the GOPs arrogance and prejudice. 'If you don't think like me, you miust be crazy!'. Idiot. UnAmerican. Minority Opinion. I'm really glad this kind of 'thinking' is on it's way out. Good riddence.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Statistic and facts, before and after, similar methodology. You may want to believe this, and 'the talking heads' want you to believe this, and the NRA wants you to believe this. But without support (peer reviewed please - not conservative think tank stuff) you are just blowing smoke from your nether regions.

Without facts and supporting evidence how are we to judge your 'opinion'.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join