It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals (Progresives) that are anti-gun have a mental illness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by SWCCFAN

One might come to a conclusion that it is perhaps the pro gun people are the ones who are terrified of guns and that their gun will provide a shield and protect them .

Actually, the pro-gun people support the right of other people to choose to have guns. People that don't like guns say, "I don't like guns, I won't have one." The people that are terrified of guns are the ones that say, "I don't like guns, you shouldn't have one."

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

My feelings trump your rights .... Buwhahahahahahah That is great!

So sorry for the feelings being hurt and all .... but my rights are guaranteed your feelings are not.

Progressive cry babies ....

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom

freedomSlave
reply to post by SWCCFAN

One might come to a conclusion that it is perhaps the pro gun people are the ones who are terrified of guns and that their gun will provide a shield and protect them .

Actually, the pro-gun people support the right of other people to choose to have guns. People that don't like guns say, "I don't like guns, I won't have one." The people that are terrified of guns are the ones that say, "I don't like guns, you shouldn't have one."

That is a partial truth.

My neighbor does not like the fact that I own guns because she is scared of them.

I invited her out to go shooting and she thus far has declined.

She is also scared of power tools ....

I have a 14" radial arm saw that could be the stuff of her nightmares!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Chicago isn't a good example for the pro gun crowd, the issues there are far more complicated than its gun laws. Chicago is home to some of the most brutal gangs in the country. Not only that, it's a major shipping hub, meaning it's a great central point for drugs to be smuggled and pushed out into the Midwest as well as the rest of the country. I'm very pro gun, but it's important to understand that the issues Chicago and cities with similar crime rates face are far more complicated. I wish the gun laws in Chicago weren't as strict as they are, but changing them won't do anything to change the underlying issues. There is too much money for the criminals to make in places like Chicago, so they're all competing to monopolize their illicit trades. Do you really think more guns on the streets of Chicago will deter criminals who are already competing with people who have guns?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Since this topic is so much fun...

I have declared this Friday Piss off a progressive liberal Friday.

Piss has more oomph than upset...

.... not that my declaration means anything ...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dabs1903

You do make a good point but the answer is not to dis-arm those who obey the law to attempt to punish those that break it.

I will concede that the majority of the violence is gang on gang but other crimes are committed by gangs against defenseless citizens thanks to government stupidity.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

A standing army is not mentioned in the constitution because we didn't have one- we had a regiment on the frontier and a battery at west point, and, as legend has it, one and only one marine on the payroll, doing god knows what, who provides continuity for the history of the USMC.

A small standing military force called the Legion of the United States was formed the year after the second amendment was written because militia with guns and cannons got their butts kicked by Indians despite their firepower advantage.

One could argue that the militia argument is a loose end from an experiment that failed and was replaced over 200 years ago, which would also go a ways to explaining why it took six generations to write a law clarifying all that militia stuff in 1903 and why the "organized" part fell right out the windovv (forgot you can't say window on this software for some weird reason).

Bearing in mind that I think you should be left alone until you hurt someone, and then killed without a hearing if we find out who you are, just like happened to the person you shot, so I'm not arguing for disarmament, just for intellectual honesty. How many gun owners have any realistic plan to participate in any kind of militia in any contingency, compared to the number who will say that, but in fact would run away from a battle and are thinking more in terms of being able to shoot an unarmed person who threatens them rather than go through the risk and inconvenience of trying to get away and have justice served in an orderly manner after the fact?
edit on Fri 14 Feb 2014 by The Vagabond because: fix window glitch

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I think what we are experiencing here is a cultural shift. Yes, it is progressive in nature.

50 - 60 years ago, this would not have even been a discussion. The right to bear arms is a "right".

But you have to look at what has happened since then. In the past 60 years, there has been a growing dependency on government. Government has fostered that dependency with social programs and safety nets. Cultural "sensitivities" have been exploited for further political gain.

This isn't the beginning of a battle.

It's the end. And we have lost.

Our entire culture has ceded to government oversight, regulation and control.

The progressives have won. And what do we have to show for it?

PAC's determining political outcomes.
Huge debt and deficits.
Record numbers on disability and food stamps and welfare.

The political parties bandy about like they are trying to do something. But they are all vultures feeding off the carcass of America.

America isn't dying.

It died a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

*edit, directed a those that live in a fantasy land called liberal progressiveness**
FOlks who aren't from Chicago, or never visited, I challenge you to rent a NICE car and drive somewhere off Lakeshore drive in downtown.

Let me know how not having a gun and defensive training works for you.

Your feelings really mean nothing to me. My rights and the facts of reality will trump them everytime.

Seriously go do it, right now if you believe your bs so much.

edit on 0b2014-02-14T16:24:49-06:00975America/Chicago2 by IbcBen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Great points!

I only advocate use of deadly force as a last resort.

I do support the states right to assemble an armed militia from normal able bodied citizens.

After Hurricane Katrina Armed citizens deterred looting in Hancock County MS and only 2 were shot by citizens for it. Both shooting were justified by LE as a proclamation from the Emergency manager stated the repercussions for looting.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

IbcBen
reply to post by SWCCFAN

*edit, directed a those that live in a fantasy land called liberal progressiveness**
FOlks who aren't from Chicago, or never visited, I challenge you to rent a NICE car and drive somewhere off Lakeshore drive in downtown.

Let me know how not having a gun and defensive training works for you.

Your feelings really mean nothing to me. My rights and the facts of reality will trump them everytime.

Seriously go do it, right now if you believe your bs so much.

edit on 0b2014-02-14T16:24:49-06:00975America/Chicago2 by IbcBen because: (no reason given)

Well technically the car can be used as a weapon... BTDT lol

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I think what we are experiencing here is a cultural shift. Yes, it is progressive in nature.

50 - 60 years ago, this would not have even been a discussion. The right to bear arms is a "right".

But you have to look at what has happened since then. In the past 60 years, there has been a growing dependency on government. Government has fostered that dependency with social programs and safety nets. Cultural "sensitivities" have been exploited for further political gain.

The progressives have won. And what do we have to show for it?

PAC's determining political outcomes.
Huge debt and deficits.
Record numbers on disability and food stamps and welfare.

The political parties bandy about like they are trying to do something. But they are all vultures feeding off the carcass of America.

America isn't dying.

It died a long time ago.

The progressives have won.

Wait ...

What?

I still draw breath ... You say the battle is lost...

A battle can be lost and the war still be won.

They have not begun to do mass gun confiscations yet if and when that happens I may die but it will be in a pile of spent brass fighting for my God given rights to be free.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
SUBTLETY?
WHAT SUBTLETY!?
seriously, this must be the most obvious character-assasination attempt by the left I've ever seen.

That is assuming that it's "liberals" taking the clever step to post strawman conservative arguements, such as the OP....

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I'm not suggesting disarming law abiding citizens. I think anyone who will obey the law should have access to firearms should they decide they want one. All I'm saying is that the criminals in Chicago and other major cities with similar issues will not be deterred by having more guns in the mix. They already compete with people who own guns, they place no value on human life. For them, the bottom line is money and there is so much to be made in these cities that loosened gun laws won't change roots of the problem.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. -General George S. Patton

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

My personal favorite:

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. - Lieutenant General Lewis B.'Chesty' Puller (when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions)

When you are completely surrounded you can kill the enemy in every direction!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If more people thought as you, I'd be comforted.

But we are a minority. A despised class of individuals that would prefer the controlling central authority "just go away".

We live as we can. We find communities (if lucky) of like-minded individuals who still hold the same values, ethics as in the past. Choose your battles wisely.

If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it.
-Sun Tzu

You have to pick your battles wisely. Not every conflict is worth turning
into a major battle. There are certain battles which simply cannot be won no
matter how much effort you put into them or what strategies you use. They
are simply losing causes and fighting such battles does little to help you
accomplish your ultimate objectives. The wise man will not let his pride get
in the way of obtaining his goals, and fighting a battle which cannot be won
is a prime example of allowing your pride to cloud your thinking.

What lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
-Aristotle

It is important to keep in mind that retreating from an individual battle
does not mean that you are surrendering or declaring defeat in the war. A
battle is no more than that – one battle. To continue with the battlefield/war
analogy, a battle is simply one skirmish; your ultimate objective is to win the
war. Many a pawn has to be sacrificed in a chess match in order to capture
your opponent’s king, which is ultimately all that matters in the overall scheme
of things.

Always keep your ultimate objective in mind. Don’t let your pride or anger
interfere with your overall victory. I know that this is easier said than done at
times, but it is a very important part of the game, and one that takes some
self-discipline and practice to perfect. Have an overall plan for victory. Be
willing to sacrifice a battle here and there in order to win the war in the end,
and don’t expend energy fighting a battle which cannot be won at any cost.
Be rational and deliberate.

Not being able to govern events, I govern myself.
- Montaigne

Many people feel the need to fight a losing battle just to prove to themselves or
others that they are committed to their cause. This is not someone who is
ultimately concerned with their final objective, but rather someone who is
concerned with impressing those around them. This kind of action has more to
do with pride than it does with strategy or common sense. Don’t get wrapped up
in what other people think about your actions. Stay focused on your ultimate
objective.

The secret of success is before attempting anything, be very clear about why you
are doing it.
-Guan Yin Tzu

There is wisdom behind Sun Tzu’s teaching. Fighting a battle that cannot be won
is simply wasting your time, energy and resources. It is not the act of staying
busy that makes you successful; it is what you are busy doing that matters in the
end. Don’t do something merely for the sake of doing something. Have a purpose
and strategy behind everything that you do. Sometimes it is wiser to do nothing,
at least what looks like nothing to the outside world, than it is to do something
just because you think you need to be active.

The act of waiting for the ideal moment or simply patiently mulling over the
situation, is not the same thing as doing nothing. What may seem like doing
nothing to other people, may actually be good strategy on your part. Do not
act because of your concern about what other people may think; their thoughts
should not influence your actions. Take time to meditate on each situation and
you will know what you have to do.

You must carefully consider the merits of any action.
-Takuan Soho

Don’t fight losing battles. Move with wisdom, not emotion. Let strategy guide
your actions, not pride or anger. Always focus on your ultimate goal. Pick your
battles wisely and strategically in order to accomplish your end goal. It is not
the battle that counts, but rather winning the war. Always think rationally. If
you will do this, you will not fight the battles that you cannot win; instead you
will carefully select your battles to accomplish your ultimate goal.

In whatever position you find yourself, determine first your objective.
-Marshall Ferdinand Foch

The source for the above quotes,
thewisdomwarrior.com...

Personally, I've gone Ronin.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

dabs1903
reply to post by SWCCFAN

loosened gun laws won't change roots of the problem.

Who knows but it would give those who obey the law the means to defend themselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IbcBen

I grew up on the south side of Chicago in LK territory. A gun won't deter these guys, all they see are $ signs all the time. If they think you have a gun they'll just shoot you when your back is turned and take what you have and sell the gun too. These guys have no value on human life and they sure as **it aren't afraid of your gun. The key is to eliminate their primary source of income.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Have faith.

Many people share out point of view remain in the shadows.

I know many what will come out of the wood work should SHTF.

And I am not talking about crazy back woods rednecks...

The BTDT crowd is mostly on board if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

In regards to being shot for having a gun in a robbery, or in regard to Sun Tzu. If you say all hope is lost then this is no longer a fight to win, but a fight to stand up for what I believe in. History remembers those kindly who stand up for what they believe in, when few stand against many especially when it is easy to cop out and live on your knee's like everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join