It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals (Progresives) that are anti-gun have a mental illness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
now you changed the thread title a lil bit
Funny how the progressives here in canada are the conservatives . lol so my arguement still stands

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Governments create problems then in the process of trying to solve them they often create more.

We have to jump through hoops to own machine guns and assault rifles because back during prohibition gangsters used them against rival gangsters and eventually the cops when they got in the way.

Government created prohibition which caused the problem. It continues today with drugs.

If we just did away with statutes that prosecute victim-less crimes, overall violence should drop.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Canada has some really messed up gun laws. I was going to drive trough there on my way to Alaska this summer but since I can't take my pistol and my M14 because both are illegal there, I have to fly.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

freedomSlave
now you changed the thread title a lil bit
Funny how the progressives here in canada are the conservatives . lol so my arguement still stands

I'm a avid news junkie and I've noticed how different countries have declared their parties and then I compare them to the US.

Color me confused.

But all in all, it's still a education.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

SWCCFAN

Canada has some really messed up gun laws. I was going to drive trough there on my way to Alaska this summer but since I can't take my pistol and my M14 because both are illegal there, I have to fly.

Take your girl on a Cruise line there. That way you could have some romance and adventure.

By the way. Is that what set you off on this thread if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
reply to post by blargo

"gun violence" peaked in 1993.

It has been going down nationwide since then; while ownership of firearms have increased.

More guns in the hands of more people equal less crime.

Your data is backward. There are more shooting deaths where more people own guns. More Guns More Gun Deaths

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
If we just did away with statutes that prosecute victim-less crimes, overall violence should drop.

And who does that benefit? Does it help the prison-industrial complex? Does it help law enforcement budgets? Does if feed the government's hunger for more power and control?

Naw, it just helps the "little people." And, you know, screw them.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No what has 'set me off' is the growing momentum to strip our rights and usher in a nanny police state. I was asked by an Obama supporting neighbor, why I was carrying such a large and dangerous handgun? I told her it was not dangerous. It is only a tool used for self defense. She went on to say that I should just call the police if I have an issue. I responded to her when seconds count the police are only minutes away. In response to that she says well they will come and diffuse the situation and no one will get hurt.

Seriously?

She then asked me what I did for a living ...

When I told her I was an oil-field security contractor she changed her tune...

Facepalm
edit on 2052014-02-14T12:07:20-06:002014-02-14T12:07:20-06:00fpm2 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

No we have good gun laws here . do not meet federal requirements one gets nothing . law bidding people have no problems going threw checks and checks everyday day to ensure people who own fire arms are not breaking laws that they are of sound mind . most gun violence here is done by gangs or people who are messed up in the head , and that is what we try to avoid . most of our gang problems with gun comes from south of the border where gun laws are all willy nilly no checks just walk into a show and walk out and come up here sell them with a mark up and make a profit .

maybe if there were tighter laws down there our problem up here would be less and probably yous .

The most armed nation in the world and have one of the highest crimes rates of the world how ironic isn't it

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

So, it's kind of personal. I get that. Those moments have a tendency to set me off as well.

I'm glad you changed the headline as well.

Take a step back. Breathe deep and you'll find a way to make yourself happy again. Though it may wait until you bag that elk. Send me some jerky....I'm getting low.

(I'm amazed...you've caught me at a mellow time, maybe it was the wine I had with my spaghetti.)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The most armed nation in the world and have one of the highest crimes rates of the world how ironic isn't it

Really?

Canada vs USA ...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Off topic but what kind of world do you want our children to grow up in

I want my kids to have peaceful lives who are honest workers who will be safe.

It is my opinion that adding more arms to an already sketchy times we live in is a mistake

Or are you that terrified of dying by a gun

One might come to a conclusion that it is perhaps the pro gun people are the ones who are terrified of guns and that their gun will provide a shield and protect them .

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

"Albert Einstein defines insanity in a nut shell as repeating the same process and expecting a different outcome." By the same token anti-gun people can say that flooding the market with more guns does not make the country any safer.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

They can say that but the facts oppose that viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ok so this game lol

Look i can find graphs and charts too

What was your point now brother

link to graph
edit on 14/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

link doesn't seem to be working here is site if u care to cut and paste it

www.whichcountry.co...
edit on 14/2/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I hate to say this, but it must be said. And it has been time and time again on ATS.

You are both using easily manipulitive facts. Each country has their own way of tracking crime.

The fact is, by FBI standards, gun crime is downtracking in the US. But another country using crime rates and popualation can easily spin it the other way.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

oh I know there are graph promoting both sides of the debate I was helping him point that out with my graph of the opposite side

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Off topic but what kind of world do you want our children to grow up in

I want my kids to have peaceful lives who are honest workers who will be safe.

It is my opinion that adding more arms to an already sketchy times we live in is a mistake

Or are you that terrified of dying by a gun

One might come to a conclusion that it is perhaps the pro gun people are the ones who are terrified of guns and that their gun will provide a shield and protect them .

I am not "terrified" of dying by a gun. Where I live generally safe. There have been more break-ins and robberies however. Since locks on doors are only a deterrent and the response time of the local sheriff's department averaged 22 minutes last year simply calling 911 and waiting for a report to be done is not an option. I find that a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with birdshot is not only deadly at < 20' it also has the advantage of giving a person a reality check when a round is chambered. At 1350 Feet per second its way faster than dialing 911 as the first option. Also using birdshot means the projectiles are not likely to kill anyone else in another room or a neighbors house should a few pellets miss.

I had a break-in back when I live in MS and used the same concept and I did not have to shoot the person and they did not run. Fear paralyzed them and I ordered the 2 guys to the ground. I informed them if they moved I would kill them. It worked I called 911 and despite the fact that I told the dispatcher I had 2 people at gun point, it took about 12 minutes for the first sheriff to arrive.

One had a pistol and the other had a knife. Had either presented it ... You can guess the outcome.

My son is 6 he has a bb gun and nerf guns. When I gave them to him I explained what they were meant for. The BB gun stays locked in my gunsafe and the nerf gun is used under my supervision to shoot targets. He has on occasion pointed it at me and has learned that that is un-acceptable. I am teaching him firearms safety at a young age. So when he is older he know it is un-acceptable to ever point a gun at anything he does not intend to kill or destroy. Using it for self-defense will come way later once he can demonstrate safe handling of the toys.

I want my children to grow up in a world where they have no fear of being a victim. They will be educated and understand the popper application of force should the need to use it arise.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The US has what ... 317 million people? The UK has about 63 million...

DO the math ....

THe UK has way more per capita than the US.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My problem with some of these pro gun people is as the op said later on how he went to steal him mothers 9mm to go shoot some kids bullying him instead of calling local law enforcement walking into a trap knowing full well the outcome to me says alot right there .

They cry and whine when law enforcement think they are judge and executioner , but then we have statements like this again and again.

Despite the fact of being shot in my chest and leg in 2 spots I returned fire and shot both of them. Had I not been tipped off by a friend I would not have taken my mothers 9mm to school with me that day

Never once considered calling law enforcement and instead risks other children at school with a gun fight

Yep a really responsible gun lover there lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join