It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Reality Really Sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This last year my income dropped to poverty level.

I went to Obamacare That is Healthcare.gov to apply for insurance.

first you have to see what you qualify for. So I entered all the info and when it was done it said I qualified for Medicare. I followed the link to Medicare and there they insist I go through the same qualification procedures as healthcare.com and low and behold I was told I can't apply for Medicare until 2024.

What a joke and a jerk around both these govt ran sites are as one site tels me I qualify and the other says I don't, go figure.

No insurance for this old buzzard.

edit on 14-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Did you have any insurance before?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

luciddream
Did you have any insurance before?

No, not in the States.

Overseas I have some but it is only good in that country. But we have been back for over a year.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Medicare or Medicaid?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Snarl

Medicare or Medicaid?

Right.
Medicare...you have to be 65.

Medicaid is for those with lower incomes.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have healthcare for the first time in 2 years and its great for me. Just call the help line, and go about it that way....I did this months ago. Why wait till the last minute?
edit on 14-2-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

Snarl

Medicare or Medicaid?

Right.
Medicare...you have to be 65.

Medicaid is for those with lower incomes.

Medicare they supplied the link and everything.

Medicaid will only give me condoms, birth control, vasectomies and ligations.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

kurthall

I have healthcare for the first time in 2 years and its great for me. Just call the help line, and go about it that way....I did this months ago. Why wait till the last minute?
edit on 14-2-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

The site would not work months ago.

And even now it took four tries to finally keep the site from locking up and losing all my info.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I did NOT use the website, I did it all over the phone, I figured that would be the best way, and it was. I was covered January 1st.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You have to also be careful you are so poor you don't own anything and that you think you never will because they have some loopholes in the US medicare/medicaid that claws back the costs, ie takes your home and belongings which is evil beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
This last year my income dropped to poverty level.

I went to Obamacare That is Healthcare.gov to apply for insurance.

first you have to see what you qualify for. So I entered all the info and when it was done it said I qualified for Medicare. I followed the link to Medicare and there they insist I go through the same qualification procedures as healthcare.com and low and behold I was told I can't apply for Medicare until 2024.

What a joke and a jerk around both these govt ran sites are as one site tels me I qualify and the other says I don't, go figure.

No insurance for this old buzzard.

edit on 14-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

My sister can't get Obamacare or Medicaid. She doesn't qualify and what is funny is she doesnt' work! Her by works and she is a stay at home mom but they aren't married so it screws it all up. So stupid.

I am on my husbands insurance and he pays $500 a month! I just went to the doctor the other day and everything went up on the 1st of the year. My co pay use to be $20 and now it's $45. I got annoyed when the girl said it wasn't 'a lot. I was like when you don't work and have one income and have to go more than once week it is a lot. My god I wanted to punch her. My medication is $45 and I have blood work on Tuesday, no idea what that will cost and I'm scared to find out.

The entire healthcare system in this country is a joke. Many have insurance they can't even afford to use. I mean wtf is that?!

Ugh...I am glad I have insurance but it sucks that i can't use it at times because I don't have the co pay!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Democrats are idiots, what'd you expect ?

top topics

join