It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Blood and Bullets: Schools Stage Active Shooter Drills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by StarlightNine

I did a search exaustive on something that just came to my mind.
I decided to find out which contractor was employed to clean up
Sandy Hook. Start there. Newtown police dept. should have the
name and it should be unoffensive public knowledge ready
available for the asking. I found nothing and I could not get an
answer. I did find someone else who had been looking for the same thing tho. Now it seems they have several up on the web, but
just a few weeks ago there were none.
edit on 17-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Okay. I have to say that I am usually on top of something like this, but have to admit this was the first time I had ever heard such a thing.
I have embarked on my own further reasearch into it, and as is my nature will take it to the end until I am satisfied in what I believe on it.

It negates nothing I have said here in this thread. Will I change my mind at some future point? It's possible. But I don't rush to conclusions on too many occasions, so my thoughts here stand.

But I do thank you for the response with the link, and may have an opinion at some future point.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The false perception is the mindset that anything law enforcement / government related is somehow connected to some super secret plot against society. That perception is just as dangerous and extremely ignorant.

You are blithely extrapolating all of that based on me using the word "politicization"?
In that case perhaps some time spent consulting a dictionary may prove beneficial, because there are some definite nuances in the way of secondary definitions for that word, which may be helpful to you in further discourse.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

3mperorConstantinE
So, a figure of 99.9999999% would be FACT.

Actually no, it wouldn't be fact.

Even more so since you are trying to compare the UK to the US to find an average. Our laws in the states are not British laws. Both countries have different definitions / criteria for classifying an incident. Even states have different reporting standards.

Finally I am positive that Columbine, Sandyhook and the remaining schools on this link all had the mindset that it would never happen to them.

With that being said we will agree to disagree on the stat you give since I don't think either of us are going to change our minds.

Whats more traumatic -
* - An active shooter drill, allowing people / students / medical / fire / Leo to get an idea of what could occur in hopes that it never does while developing a game plan should it ever occur?

or

* - A school district with no preparation resulting in the deaths of students, teacher , administrators, emergency services.

So long as there is a possibility that an event could occur, the training should be as life like as possible. Like I have stated, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

As for your comment about emotional logic - You would be wrong.
I am in Law Enforcement and have participated in these types of events. My position on this matter is based on all of the info available in addition to info not generally in the public circles.

Students should know what to do should something occur. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with students volunteering to try and get the scenario as life like as possible.

Any thing less does nothing but set everyone up for failure.

edit on 17-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Are you smoking crack?
Who said anything at all about the UK or British laws???!
Where did you get the idea that I am comparing the US with Britain???

The 99.999...% number is absolutely correct and has to do with nothing other than MATH.
Not Britain, British Laws, The Queen of England, etc...

You say that you are in law enforcement?
Just. Wow....
edit on 17-2-2014 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

3mperorConstantinE

The false perception is the mindset that anything law enforcement / government related is somehow connected to some super secret plot against society. That perception is just as dangerous and extremely ignorant.

You are blithely extrapolating all of that based on me using the word "politicization"?
In that case perhaps some time spent consulting a dictionary may prove beneficial, because there are some definite nuances in the way of secondary definitions for that word, which may be helpful to you in further discourse.

Had you read my posts where I asked you direct questions about law enforcement you would understand my comment towards you / that frame of mind / perception comment.

Complacency kills...
Lack of training kills...
Lack of a game plan kills...
Willful ignorance kills...
Not understand the totality of a drill can kill...
It can never happen hear kills...
Not being familiar with a school layout kills...
Panic coupled with the fight or flight response kills...
Not showing the students what they should do to remain calm can kill.

It is the 6 p's.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

As for the rest of your post I don't need a dictionary. I understand the words you used in your posts, which goes back to my question to you and your view of law enforcement.

Question
- based on the OP article, what specifically is your concern about the training?
- based on some of your comments in other posts what exactly is the issue with law enforcement participating in these events?

Finally and for what it is worth I am not trying to piss you off or anything like that. We both have strong opinions on this matter based on our experiences. If my posts are coming across as an issue, I apologize as it is not my intent. I just take exception to the argument that it could never happen here. All we need to do is look at Hospital shootings and see the examples there as well.

Hospitals, by its very nature, are safe and people assume that because of "it will never happen here". Those Hospitals that have had shootings on their property did not have plans in place to deal with that type of scenario. Hospitals don't expect an jilted ex-boyfriend to walk into a clinic and just start shooting / killing people while he is looking for his main target - his ex.

Hospitals don't think that an old man will enter an ICU unit to visit his dying wife, only to pull out a gun and kill her and then himself.

Hospitals are pistol free zones, and yet people are able to get inside with weapons.

It will never happen here mentality is a problem. Im sure these schools also thought it would never happen to them.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

3mperorConstantinE

Are you smoking crack?
Who said anything at all about the UK or British laws???!
Where did you get the idea that I am comparing the US with Britain???

Im not and my apologies. Not sure where I got the UK from.

3mperorConstantinE
The 99.999...% number is absolutely correct and has to do with nothing other than MATH.

The Center for Education reform (your link) is a political group advocating charter schools. Im not exactly sure what you wanted me to read as the link just went to their homepage.

If you want stats check the Dept. of Education site.
The second link, the DOJ pdf file came out in 2010. The stats there are based on the previous couple of years.

Again if you can tell me what specifically you want me to read I will. Based on the post Im not sure what the links were provided for.

Until you can get your stats to 100%, emergency services, schools, teachers and parents should be as informed as possible for something we hope never occurs.

The statement it will never happen here is dangerous. I don't know how else to make that point.

3mperorConstantinE
You say that you are in law enforcement?
Just. Wow....

Yup... Its one of the reasons I was following this topic / thread. Its problematic when people view an issue in the here and now while basing their viewpoint from past issues.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

On the page of the link provided is a concise summary of the number of schools and K-12 students in the US.
They show that in 2010 there were slightly more than 55,200,000 K-12 students in the country.
The numbers come from the amended data to the 2010 census.
So that the DOJ's data can be correlated, their 2010 stats were the ones required. We can't go mix and matching years between data sets here, can we?

You must understand, of course anything can happen anywhere. But statistics and odds let one make intelligent predictions.
Take the lottery, for example. Someone will win. But I'll bet major money it won't be you or me. Why? Because the odds are too remote.
Ditto with active shooters terrorizing schools. It does happen. But the odds of you being involved are soooo remote as to be past the point of diminishing returns to spend any quantity of time worrying about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

TextThe Police wont have that information. You would need to check with the School District or city government (planning / zoning etc). If the new school is outside of city limits check with the county government.

But see you have compliied perfectly to my concerns that I see as legit.
You haven't written me off as a hobo, or a retard. The owners here at ATS
could really get a clue from this. My God because, what if I'm right and you
have just been missing it and unity instead of divisiveness was the only
thing standing in the way of defeating the evil basturds. And that's all
this is really about. I believe there are people who would perpetrate
such deception. You not so much. But does that have to divide us?
edit on 17-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

junglimogli
reply to post by Vaedur

I agree it is sick that this is actually being done ..
However, it is also a somewhat necessity ..as this this what our country has become ..
When guns are part of our culture.. this is what happens ..

It has nothing to do with "guns are a part of our culture..." ANTI-GUN attitudes are a bigger part of our culture. There needs to be a serious review of American history.

America was the "the last frontier" and guns have been prevalent in our culture and society for a long time. This is nothing new. What is NEW is the fever pitched anti-gun rhetoric.

1. Violent crime is down (and has been decreasing)
2. Police violence is up
3. Gun ownership is increasing (I know liberal lesbians with guns)

The only thing that the anti-gun whores can point to are mass shootings. Arguably these mass shootings are orchestrated by the gov't or have other serious underlying issues - mental stability + psychotropic medication use.

And we all know big pharma doesn't want us to question the validity of the # they peddle to the American people. Government needs people to be viewed as more mentally unstable so that there is cause to take guns.

However, see #1 and question the validity of the anti-gun stance in the face of #1.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join