It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Blood and Bullets: Schools Stage Active Shooter Drills

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

“When you get shot, you need to close your fingers and keep ‘em in,” adds Tammy Kozinski, the drama teacher. “When the bad guy and the police come through, they’ll step all over you, and who will be saying they’re sorry?”

“Nobody!” the students cry in unison.

Graphic School Shooting Drill on NBC news site. I'm speechless.

I read the snipped above and was like wtf? What The footballs!

I think this is sick. It makes all those crazy stories about "faked events" come to mind, when you see how easy it is to do something like this. Imagine slightly better props then used for this news story. It's like being mocked by NBC news in a way.

I think participating in something like this could scar the mind of a young child, but what do I know.
edit on Fri Feb 14 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edited to reflect source title

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Those kids seem old enough to get something valuable from that drill. Drilling in a simulated environment can be helpful IMO. Kids of that age have seen enough simulated gore (TV, video games, movies, Halloween) that I doubt few if any would be traumatized.

If it were an elementary school then I'd say it was going too far.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

RedParrotHead
reply to post by Vaedur

Those kids seem old enough to get something valuable from that drill. Drilling in a simulated environment can be helpful IMO. Kids of that age have seen enough simulated gore (TV, video games, movies, Halloween) that I doubt few if any would be traumatized.

If it were an elementary school then I'd say it was going too far.

Agreed. It's not a whole lot different than the simulated car crash they would do in front of our school during prom season. It was supposed to be the result of drinking and driving. They made it pretty gory. People screaming. It was pretty effective in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We used to drill only for fires. Now we have to drill for alien invasions and school shootings.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

We wouldn't need these drills if... never mind...

Good thing we don't infringe on rights to bear arms like this picture clearly doesn't display.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Goof grief, what a crappy country you live in when kids are getting pat downs in school. If this stuff happened in other countries the states would be pointing their poop stained fingers at them.

Humans are too stupid to own guns. Humans are not mentally stable enough, they have little to no control over their emotions.

Sad that this is not going to get better. So buy a gun and drink a beer, be all you can be.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Yaya constitution and stuff.. i know.. so what..

The reason things like this happens is places is the lack of guns not more guns.. You really think people would goto a place knowing that guns were around? You should ask that town that ever home owner is required to have a gun.. Ask them how many idiots go running into their houses to rob them or shoot up their school or carjack them..

Oh and for the record, I do not own a gun(I don't like them) nor do I drink beer or watch football.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

ThichHeaded

Yaya constitution and stuff.. i know.. so what..

The reason things like this happens is places is the lack of guns not more guns..

Thats like saying that more drugs and alcohol will better society.

You really think people would goto a place knowing that guns were around?
No. I dont want to go anywhere where stupid people are (everywhere) knowing they carry a gun. But stupidy is popular and lacking intelligence allows you the ignorance to not understand. Blissful.

You should ask that town that ever home owner is required to have a gun.. Ask them how many idiots go running into their houses to rob them or shoot up their school or carjack them..
The problem then is that people are too stupid, you may live among them, there is no way to tell the difference. You might be living in a diseased country. We have no guns here. They are illegal ( hand guns). There are no shootings here, there are no home invasions with guns here. So your point proves that you live in a poor, dying neigbourhood and that one day you can think your sane to buy a gun but the next day you are not.

Oh and for the record, I do not own a gun(I don't like them) nor do I drink beer or watch football.
Yes, but everyone else does.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. People and dogs.... and a cat once and primates and a squirrel . But not the noble gun.

Repeat that 1000 times and it might pacify you.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When I see stuff like this all I can think of is 2 words. Home School!
This is unreal and really sad what kids have to go through these days. I can't even imagine the everyday fear of being a teen. Between pervs trying snatch them off the streets, bullies, schools being shot up, abuse. etc etc How will they be as adults? It's no wonder why so many are medicated and mental and I see this only getting worse, there is no end.
I am curious...where did we go wrong? In the 60's, 70's and 80's life was easy and good; now it's a war zone!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Right you are. People kill people! Guns don't. The root of the problem people the ROOT.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not much phases me, but this definitely does.

The odds of being in a school shooting are 1 out of 2 million.
Odds of being killed by a dog - 1 in 700,000.
Odds of being killed by freezing - 1 in 3 million.

Photos like these could be passed off as legit, they are the same types of photos we are shown after every school shooting (well, not Sandy Hook)... even the looks on the faces seem real:

Why are we creating a society of scared kids who need to be coddled by the government?

Very disturbing and not surprising it comes from NBC who has the least credibility and troubling ethics in an industry that is not credible.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not much phases me, but this definitely does.

The odds of being in a school shooting are 1 out of 2 million.
Odds of being killed by a dog - 1 in 700,000.
Odds of being killed by freezing - 1 in 3 million.

Photos like these could be passed off as legit, they are the same types of photos we are shown after every school shooting (well, not Sandy Hook)... even the looks on the faces seem real:

Why are we creating a society of scared kids who need to be coddled by the government?

Very disturbing and not surprising it comes from NBC who has the least credibility and troubling ethics in an industry that is not credible.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Looks to me if they can't take the guns they are going to create generations scared to death of guns.

Point being they no doubt after telling these kids that cops are going to stomp all over them that this all happened because people are allowed to own guns.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I agree it is sick that this is actually being done ..
However, it is also a somewhat necessity ..as this this what our country has become ..
When guns are part of our culture.. this is what happens ..

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Vaedur

“When you get shot, you need to close your fingers and keep ‘em in,” adds Tammy Kozinski, the drama teacher. “When the bad guy and the police come through, they’ll step all over you, and who will be saying they’re sorry?”

“Nobody!” the students cry in unison.

Graphic School Shooting Drill on NBC news site. I'm speechless.

I read the snipped above and was like wtf? What The footballs!

I think this is sick. It makes all those crazy stories about "faked events" come to mind, when you see how easy it is to do something like this. Imagine slightly better props then used for this news story. It's like being mocked by NBC news in a way.

I think participating in something like this could scar the mind of a young child, but what do I know.

Unfortunately, children of America are already scarred. School shootings are rapidly becoming more frequent. I don't see anything that suggests we will ever return to fist fights in the schoolyard.

People can blame guns and rightly so perhaps, blame the shooters more, the society as a whole... whatever we can blame it on; and it's a combination of many things. The bottom line is that children and young adults need to be prepared now.

These drills are excellent tools in teaching survival skills. I would rather have a child prepared in the event, than while in shock, not knowing what to do to help themselves survive the event.

It has been proven that skills learned from this type of training can strengthen a person in the first few moments of shock. They will kick into gear what they were taught.

If one looks to all previous incidents, not knowing how to respond has cost more lives than it should have.
Personally, I advocate this type of training. How very sad, that we would even have to train children for this.
But sadder really, if we don't give them the tools to survive it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's called PREPAREDNESS. The first time you see bloody gunshot victims should not be in the middle of an actual attack. Just like fire drills. So when the actual emergency strike, kids have some hope of knowing how to react - and won't fly into a blind panic.

Guns are here to stay. Gun violence is now part of the fabric of America, Yee-haw. Kids are bringing guns to school and shooting the place up. What, you didn't think the 2nd amendment wouldn't come with a little baggage?

So, sad as it is to see, the old-fashioned fire and tornado drills have been replaced by School Shooting Drills.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Shadow Herder
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Goof grief, what a crappy country you live in when kids are getting pat downs in school. If this stuff happened in other countries the states would be pointing their poop stained fingers at them.

Humans are too stupid to own guns. Humans are not mentally stable enough, they have little to no control over their emotions.

Sad that this is not going to get better. So buy a gun and drink a beer, be all you can be.

Seriously ?

Guess they were too stupid for stones,sticks,bows,swords, and arrows then.

And sorry we already have laws the 'forbid' murder since it is the ACTION not the thing..

True some people don't have control over their emotions which is why some people support making more laws that the previous laws against hurting/murdering others ALREADY covers.

On topic:

Reminds one of the era of hiding under desk to protect kids from nuclear bombs.
edit on 14-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Gun violence is now part of the fabric of America

IT IS NOT GUN VIOLENCE the reason that is here to stay is people parroting political talking points.

Because for some odd reason they don't want to hold PEOPLE accountable for their actions.

It is just VIOLENCE.

Gun violence makes it sound like guns are getting up ALL BY THEIR LONESOME going around hurting people.

They are not.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Gun violence is now part of the fabric of America

IT IS NOT GUN VIOLENCE the reason that is here to stay is people parroting political talking points.

Because for some odd reason they don't want to hold PEOPLE accountable for their actions.

It is just VIOLENCE.

Gun violence makes it sound like guns are getting up ALL BY THEIR LONESOME going around hurting people.

They are not.

Riiight.. that would be like calling nuclear war just violence. How about nuclear war is just finger poking buttons?

Only Americans would try to say Gun Violence has nothing to do with guns lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join