It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perkins: The Rich Should Get More Votes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So the man who compared the assault on the rich to the Nazi holocaust believes that the more money you pay in taxes the more votes you get, He believes that the country should operate more like a corporation. So it's not enough that they buy politicians, decide who gets to be President, sway and direct legislation, write the tax code, etc. but they want to ensure it continues by more directly controlling the outcome of elections.

He said:

"The Tom Perkins system is: You don't get to vote unless you pay a dollar of taxes," Perkins said. "But what I really think is, it should be like a corporation. You pay a million dollars in taxes, you get a million votes. How's that?"

These people just don't get it. Look around the world Tom. This kind of attitude is what has people in the streets and is bringing down governments. The worm is turning Tom. The worm is turning.

The Article

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

BUT that would at least mean the rich would pay some tax

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

johnb
reply to post by jtma508

BUT that would at least mean the rich would pay some tax

Hahahaha!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

What do you do if you get a big tax refund?
You know like big corps..ie General Electric, IBM, Exxon ect.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Why is the U.S so fascinated with taxes?
No other country in the world foams at the mouth when people don't pay their taxes on time, or, when they see a homeless person they automatically label them as tax evaders ... boggles me a little.
Now, I know taxes are important for a stable country, but it's made so evident in the U.S how important taxes are, when they don't even spend the public's money wisely in the first place! Don't even have proper health care.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

You wanna bet? That economic juggernaut, China, is finding itself in deep doo-doo as their wealthy elite move money out of the country to evade taxes. It was estimated that over a period of less than 10yrs $1.08T disappeared. So even China is 'obsessed' with the fact that their tax system is getting punked by the rich. Ain't just the U.S. my friend.

Article

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are comparing a country which is currently going through an industrial revolution scenario to the U.S.A? China, only recently took control of their most wealthiest city - Hong Kong - where families have been using 'off shore' banking for years. You'd expect that from an unstable country like China, not the U.S.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Never heard of Tom Perkins until today, but I already despise him.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

strongfp
reply to post by jtma508

No other country in the world foams at the mouth when people don't pay their taxes on time, or, when they see a homeless person they automatically label them as tax evaders ... boggles me a little.
Now, I know taxes are important for a stable country, but it's made so evident in the U.S how important taxes are, when they don't even spend the public's money wisely in the first place! Don't even have proper health care.

Most Americans are greedy aholes. They cry about how much they pay in taxes when in truth we pay only a portion of what we used to pay when we had a strong economy. But the wealthy got Reagan elected and he gave them the tax cuts they wanted and started policies that led to the ruined state America is now. This Perkins is just another idiot.

Sounds like this Perkins wants the voting system like Romans had only the wealthy get to vote that way they control everything. And it would be no surprise to how many working people would support this because they are in awe of the wealthy and think they are better than everyone else. Just like this Perkins.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
At least, let's make sure all the rich that agree with something disgusting like this get to vote aaaaall they want...

vote in the prison where they will be when they get what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Nah... prison is a bad idea. We'll have to pay to keep them in prison. We need a better solution. Industrial-sized wood chippers come to mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

First, we have this big Chris Christie scandal that started with the George Washington bridge closure and is rapidly morphing itself into a Sandy relief fund scandal where Gov. Christie and his cohorts are being accused of withholding relief funds from cities that reject unrelated development projects favored by the governor. Even though I'm inclined to NOT believe him, at least Christie is denying the allegations, for now.

Then we have this development in Tennessee where the GOP controlled state legislature is openly threatening to punish Volkswagen and it's workers, if they vote to accept UAW representation, by rescinding tax abatements and other incentives that were given to VW to get them to build the plant there to begin with.

I don't know how it's even legal, in a "right-to-work" state, where unions are prohibited from discrimination based on union membership but somehow, it's perfectly OK for their legislators to do it.

Furthermore, unlike Gov. Christie, they're not afraid to come right out and say exactly what their intentions are and apparently, they feel that they are more than justified both legally and morally, in taking such action.

Now we have dear old Mr. Perkins who is more than willing to just put it out there! This guy actually has the balls to say it straight up, "more money should equal more votes." An idea so insane that he actually takes the time to elaborate on those who proposed it in the past and how they got thrown under the bus for doing so, yet he still contends that it's the correct course to follow. This is exactly what they mean when they say; "We're going to take America back." They're talking about taking us back 200+ years.

It's almost as if they want to make sure that we understand what a clear choice we're facing. Hell, they're so proud of their position that they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Wake up America! They're actually telling you straight up that if you're not rich, you don't count and they really mean it.

Great find jtma508, F&S for the OP!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Most Americans are greedy aholes.

Only children, story tellers, and "aholes", need to rely on exaggeration to garner attention. Which group do you fit into?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
then those richer then him will vote to take all his money
he'll learn

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Forget the wood chipper, it needs an external power source...
Let's go old school, and immediately is too late. Nine Inch Haircut, gravity's a bitch.
"The French had it right." Lewis Black. I knew there was a reason I liked that guy...

EDIT:: This crap is starting to back up in the toilet we call DC enough to actually warrant some severe and decisive intervention. Maybe Gerry Celente is right with that 'Off With Their Heads Version 2.0' ...
edit on 14-2-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think they already got it sewn up. Like Stalin said, it doesn't matter who votes, it's who counts the votes.

They got the electoral college(rich folks), just like a board of directors(rich folks). Even if you're a shareholder in a company, unless you're a very substantial shareholder, your vote doesn't mean squat. Now this character is trying to tell us that rich people don't have enough say in the political direction our country is headed.

At least they're kind enough to give us an illusion of choice. I guess it's better than looking at the ballot and only seeing one name.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'd love to kick Tom in the nuts.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

strongfp
reply to post by jtma508

Rember the whole foundation of the USA was built on the fact a few British colonists didnt want to pay there taxes to britain

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

There is some merit that you should be a contributing member of society to have a say in how things are ran. For example, if your brother didn't have a job, lived with you and ate your food, and did not contribute any funds or housework would you let him make budgeting decisions for your household? Why should he get to vote for HBO and the higher Internet Speed package? I feel the same way about life long welfare/food stamp recipients.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I see a move toward a feudal system.

A very very rich and infuliental people controling all the power and land with the rest reduced to poverty and forced to toil on there land.

Instead of Lord, Barons and Dukes we will have CEO's, Directors and Compnay presidents.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join