It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Font size changes between posts while others remain the same. No viruses I don't think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by TDawgRex

What Ive noticed I think is some of this is YOUR choice of font size, the POSTER's-Threader's font size...YOUR screen settings for viewing ie:100%-125% etc...it tends to whack things up a bit when it prob shouldnt.

Possibly. But I don't choose the font size when I post.

Unless I choose too, which is rare.

Half my posts are still coming through as normal. But on some threads it is coming across quite large.
edit on 14-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

All of a sudden...after I responded to you...now mine are coming every other one....huge and and messed up too like yours.

Its a conspiracy I tell ya! A conspiracy!

Oh well...advz me if you get a fix!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

All of a sudden...after I responded to you...now mine are coming every other one....huge and and messed up too like yours.

Its a conspiracy I tell ya! A conspiracy!

Oh well...advz me if you get a fix!

I'm screaming for help.

Crap, I hope it isn't me and something snuck past my AV.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Now I got it. I didnt have it until I responded....oh oh....damn!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
PS And I think its prob like yawning. When you see one person yawning...you start to yawn yourself!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
PS And I think its prob like yawning. When you see one person yawning...you start to yawn yourself!

I'm starting to think that it is a IE thing. From what I have seen over the years, ATS, LLC does not like IE. But the thing is, I'm not a big fan of Chrome either, with which I am responding to you with.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It might be something as simple as someone didn't close a tag when changing font size in their signature and it's bleeding through to the next post.

Because, honestly, all I see for font size changes are signatures.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Using Chrome at the moment and everything is hunky-dory. But when I opened IE it is SNAFU. The thing is, I'm not a big fan of Chrome, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Im using IE now, and always have...its never been an issue either at work, home or on my ltop....so, I don't know whats up with the "FONT-OSIS" were both experiencing. It is weird tho....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sometimes when a link is corrupt and it posts with an open bracket eg [url http... instead of [url]http... the font will default to the size it is in the link rather than the default ats font size. This happened to me earlier but I found the corrupt bracket and fixed it and the font then went to default ATS size.

This can also happen when quoting etc, just check all the brackets are as they are supposed to be eg [quotex] text [/quotex] and it should fix itself.

Also, more obviously if something has been copied and pasted or if the font size on the comments page was set to higher than default this would show in a post.

As for pictures click upload-load images-upload arrow then C&P the direct code for insertion in a post. The image has to be saved on your device first.
edit on 16-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have been getting this issue frequently.
Very strange.
Sometimes as I scroll down, each post is a larger and larger font until it just becomes illegible.. ??

Using IE. Guess I have to move on as well..
Hello Chrome.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OK. Back to this..
It is driving me crazy.

What I have noticed, and I would love someone to confirm
(someone having the same issue)...

I notice that the font increases in the post following member beezzer's
posts.

I am not crazy, and I happen to enjoy bezzer's posts, but I am unable to
read threads where Beezzer posts more than a couple times because
the font ends up so large that I can no longer read it...

TDawgRex, can you verify what I am saying?
I know my broweser is old, but this is just too strange..

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is it possible to remove the fontsize option? I notice font size, and bold character carries over from the first post thru the rest of that page.

The bold is not that annoying but fontsize makes the entire rest of the page unreadable, especially if the offending poster replies again and doubles it to the pont that a single word fills across the page.

This problem has gotten worse thru the last month and seems to be exponentially increasing by the day - are people doing this just to disrupt the forums?

Please look into this and advise us that cannot change our browsers!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join