It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: Father continues searching for missing daughter, 3 years after quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Just for your Attention,
there are still People who suffer immense because of the Quake, the Tsunami
and the Meltdown here in Japan.

We need to remember to be humble with our Life and what we do
because everything could change so quick, so fast and maybe everything
we know is lost in the matter of a Moment:

Father continues searching for missing daughter, 3 years after quake

Norio Kimura, 48, remembers a day during the summer of 2010 when he and his daughter Yuna, who had just started school, were part of a group pulling a fishing net to land in a ceremony for the start of the fishing season. They caught a lot of surf clams and rays. That night, Kimura and the rest of his family sat at their dinner table and enjoyed their catch. But Kimura can never experience that happiness again.

The tsunami that followed the Great East Japan Earthquake took away Yuna, as well as Kimura's wife Miyuki and his father Wataro. Police halted their search for disaster victims for over a month after an evacuation order was given for Kimura's town of Okuma following the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant disaster. The bodies of Miyuki and Wataro were later recovered, but Yuna remains unaccounted for.
-----
This January, I met Kimura for the first time in two years in Hakuba, Nagano Prefecture, where he now lives. He looked like he had a few more wrinkles than last time. His 75-year-old mother was continuing to live in Fukushima Prefecture, in temporary housing, and Kimura is now only living with his other, 13-year-old daughter. In Kimura's living room was an efficient wood-fire stove. It warmed the room through burning a small amount of firewood, and its heat can be used for cooking as well. Electricity-consuming heating or cooking appliances were nowhere to be seen.

"No one has taken responsibility for the (nuclear) accident, and people are trying to restart nuclear power plants like nothing happened," says Kimura. "I want to continue this quiet resistance." His lifestyle, it seems, was a product of his hatred of nuclear power.
-----
Before we left, Kimura told me he wanted to show me something. He dug out a small box from the snow at the remains of his house. Inside were mud-stained children's shoes and a cap, as well as a P.E. uniform with Yuna's name stitched on it. They were the results so far of his search, treasures that Kimura stores in the box.

Mainichi Source

After the Tsunami took everything and destroyed the nuclear Power Station
People was still under the Debris but the Rescue People needed to leave
that Zone because of the Melt-Down.

What a moment of Defeat

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
"The heartbreak of a parent who's lost a child... When a parent's heart breaks, the sound can travel for miles"

that's really all there is to say.
Poor man.
I wish we could really learn from these stories, and stop being so self centered.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thank you for this poignant reminder that people who survived still live with the horrors of this tragedy. It obviously continues to devastate Japanese lives on a daily basis. That bond between a parent and child is such a deep one. The destruction of one's family just cannot be measured. He is desperately and defiantly clinging to the vestiges of hope and who would blame him for that? Nothing is normal, nothing makes sense. It seems so feeble to say we offer prayers for him, his daughter and parent, but we nevertheless will in the hope they and others like them will experience even a small moment of relief from the constant reminder.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

My heart goes out to that poor man and also to all the people who suffered and are suffering. I think the Japanese are one of the most resilient races on this planet and their suffering over these reactors seems never to go away.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
S#it. S#it. S#it.

I want go and help that guy. For a solid min after I read that, I never wanted to be a superhero more in my whole life. I would destroy those nuclar plants for that man, and then we would go back to a more simple life. I would make sure big bank and corp would stop ruining the earth.

I would gladly walk to work EVERY DAY, or ride a bike, just so we can stop this madness. Sometimes Im ashamed to be apart of the human race, and this is one of the times.

top topics

join