It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Considers Wholesale Savings Confiscation, Enforced Redistribution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by pheonix358

You mentioned that you hope they try it...........How could anyone stop it in the EU? TPTB hold all the power.

Best solution is to be ahead of the curve and get your hard earned money while you still can.

You haven't seen what the French do when they protest against the EU and the French government. Fishermen will block ferry ports, farmers will block roads and give out free cheese, poor milk down drains and steamroller eggs (to point out the stupidity of EU regulated prices that prevented them for selling at a profit), truckers will block fuel depots.

Start stealing savings from people in the hope that will force them to go into debt and take out loans from the banks, and the farmers will be driving their tractors down to the front door of banks with their Marshal MS105's . And it won't be pretty or smell nice either

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

violet
Now they will outright steal it?

Where's the best place to hide your savings ?

And then what use is it if the cashless society comes along? When we are on the digital credits that would need to be in a bank

Yes. It happened in Cyprus: www.independent.co.uk...

The bank raided the savings over 100,000 Euros and converted the money into shares in the bank before being taking over by the central bank

Best survival tactic is to spread your money across multiple banks and accounts.

You could spend your money on things like antiques, electronic components and gadgets like the iPhone 5/6, keep them with the receipts and shrink-wrapped boxes. Then you can resell them.

Greece is already imposing additional taxes on property. The USA confiscated gold and silver coins in the past.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
Here's an idea, why don't they confiscate the savings and assets off the houses of Rothchild, Rockefeller, Morgan and Carnegie first, then the Vatican, then the Royal family, then all the Billionaires and then the multi-millionaires.

Then we will see how things sit, I reckon my bank account would go up - just like everybody elses.

Now that's my idea of forced redistribution of wealth.

Moet for everyone.........

Might not get much from the Royal Family or at least from the Queen: Queen down to her last million.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

You really have to ask yourself that in an economy based on debt, why do the bankers have to steal money based on value (sweat labour) instead of just printing new money. Some might say that would cause inflation, but that is not necessarily the case. If all countries agreed to increase their currency base by 100%, the currency value relationship between countries would remain the same, hence no inflation. It would however "free up" the funds required for further projects, loans to developing small business, etc.

NO.

No no no no no no no. (I don't mean that offensively)

The problem is that people have forgotten what money is.

Money is not the root of all evil.

Money is not paper.

Money is not wealth.

MONEY... IS A REPRESENTATION OF WORK.

Money is VALUE that can be EXCHANGED for GOODS or SERVICES.

When you start from zero (nothing tangible) you have ONE WAY to acquire money. WORK.

End of story.

People want to fabricate money out of thin air these days because THEY DONT WANT TO WORK. So they will instead ROB the rest of us in order to do it. This is the kind of spark that will ignite a well-needed revolution in the West.
edit on 15-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

8675309jenny

bobs_uruncle

You really have to ask yourself that in an economy based on debt, why do the bankers have to steal money based on value (sweat labour) instead of just printing new money. Some might say that would cause inflation, but that is not necessarily the case. If all countries agreed to increase their currency base by 100%, the currency value relationship between countries would remain the same, hence no inflation. It would however "free up" the funds required for further projects, loans to developing small business, etc.

NO.

No no no no no no no. (I don't mean that offensively)

The problem is that people have forgotten what money is.

Money is not the root of all evil.

Money is not paper.

Money is not wealth.

MONEY... IS A REPRESENTATION OF WORK.

Money is VALUE that can be EXCHANGED for GOODS or SERVICES.

When you start from zero (nothing tangible) you have ONE WAY to acquire money. WORK.

End of story.

People want to fabricate money out of thin air these days because THEY DONT WANT TO WORK. So they will instead ROB the rest of us in order to do it. This is the kind of spark that will ignite a well-needed revolution in the West.
edit on 15-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

I am smacking to stones together right now, one say revol and the other says ution ;-)

You are correct, money is a representation of work, or should be. Unfortunately, the bankers have conspired to create a system that allows themselves alone to be the purveyors of fraudulent pieces of paper that are based on "future work" which would be the sale of futures or speculation. In the 17th century, speculation was a crime punishable by death. It is a shame it isn't still that way, we would be in a lot less trouble.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

As the adage goes, "keep your money stuffed in your mattress"! I don't deal with banks, I despise them. I would heed this warning and take my money out of the financial institutions and hide it somewhere. As ignorant as that may sound, it's so very true for me. I find no reason why they should hold my money for me as I am quite capable of securing and holding my own cash. I despise the credit sectors even more!

Good luck to all those in the path of this storm...it's looking mighty thunderous

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

As the adage goes, "keep your money stuffed in your mattress"! I don't deal with banks, I despise them. I would heed this warning and take my money out of the financial institutions and hide it somewhere.

The problem is, if you have any decent sum of money, then you're screwing yourself doing that simply due to inflation. Cash money is one of the most volatile, potentially worthless things in the world. It's value is ENTIRELY what someone trusts it to be.

You're better off buying used cars, lead, copper, bricks, salt, etc basically anything non-perishable with a useful purpose in dire times. $100 worth of copper in 2004 is nearly $200 today.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

The problem is, if you have any decent sum of money, then you're screwing yourself doing that simply due to inflation.

In times of high inflation that may be true but sometimes it is not.

Take the current situation in Australia. Inflation is low, interest is low. Assuming you have an income, you are also taxed on that interest earned. You take interest earned and factor in taxation and bank charges, sometimes, you may as well leave it under the mattress. In some situations such as people on government pensions, you are better off keeping it at home.

P

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It's a very very very bad idea.If you pull that stunt in England there will be major lynchings.
I pity the fools that think they can pull this off and go merrily about their day.
Right now there is an illusion that if you work hard you can better your circumstances and live the dream,pull that illusion away and the curtains comes down around the elite....It will be curtains indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join