It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French Toast Alert System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For some odd reason, whenever sever weather is in the forecast, whether it be snow, extreme rains or a hurricane bearing down on your region, everybody suddenly feels compelled to storm the super markets and empty the shelves of bread, milk and eggs. These are all the ingredients needed to make french toast. Whether this is a coincidence or just humanities instinctive recognition that French Toast is the perfect food to help survive through extreme storms may never be known.

Anyway, with all the extreme weather pounding the country this winter, I thought it wise to post the French Toast Alert System as a public service for all those suffering along with me this nasty winter season.

French Toast Alert System

The French Toast Alert System has been developed in consultation with local and federal emergency officials to help you determine when to panic and rush to the store to buy milk, eggs and bread.

Universal Hub

So now you know exactly how much supplies you'll need to face the next big weather emergency to hit your area.

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
french toast and bacon....the most perfect bacon to ever bacon.

Wait...did I just say bacon three times?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Nah mate. French toast with thick slices of bread. Top with bacon and sliced or grated cheese. Grill until cheese melts. Eat!

Keep the maple syrup for pancakes.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Bread, yes....
But I'll stick with my PB&J

No refrigeration required if power is out for a few days

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Oh, catch up, I was grilling burgers during this "ice storm," needs no electricity and keeps you warm.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

does the "b" in "pb&j" happen to stand for "bacon"?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

does the "b" in "pb&j" happen to stand for "bacon"?

No, that goes with my BLT!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Its strange. We dont have that problem in AZ, for obvious reasons, but I heard this by more than one person.

I found another recipe too, just warm milk, bread and sugar. You pour the warm milk on th bread and sprinkle it with sugar.

Of all the things to survive on, you get milk bread and eggs? Two of three of those wont last 2 weeks out of the fridge, because of a power outage. What are they going to drink when the water is turned off?

Its funny, I can see them going for the water in the house, and saying "Oh crap, oh well Im sure the hose outside workes!"

I would also love to be a fly on the wall at those houses, just to see what they do with all. I know they eat it, but do they make french toast like in the OP, or do they make that recipe that I was talking about? Do they make scrambled eggs and toast? Do they make pesticcio, which is my fav., and that recipe alone, takes a whole dozen eggs.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I dunno about French Toast, it's always nauseatingly sweet to me. Bacon, eggs & biscuits will work in it's place, though!

bigfatfurrytexan

Is it supposed to work like saying Beetlejuice 3 times? You say it three times in a row, and a mountain suddenly appears on your table?

*eyebrow goes up* Hmm...

BACON! BACON! BACON!

*crickets* Well, so much for that.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

i KNEW y'all were in here talking about bacon!

The sweet of the french toast, along with the salty and smokey bacon is a great combination. I like sweet with meat, and cook with fruits from time to time (an apple in the slaw, or a citrus reduction to glaze the meat with....).

But I am losing sight of what is important here, and that is bacon....

....do people not buy bacon with their milk and eggs? We don't get bad storms (nor'easters) in West Texas. But when its gonna be cold for a few days, i like to cook up a brisket.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by FortAnthem

Bread, yes....
But I'll stick with my PB&J

No refrigeration required if power is out for a few days

It's funny you say that. I hold PB in high regard as a survival food. It's high in protein,calories, and will keep long after the expiration date as long as you keep it lidded. Good stuff, a few good spoon fulls and you've reached most of your necessary caloric intake for an individual meal
edit on 2/14/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

and one more thing...baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconba conbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconba conbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconba conbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconBACON!!!!
edit on 2/14/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It was just plain torture! As much as I love ya, Fort, this OP really got the saliva flowing from the moment you posted it, and knowing I had run out of bread but was snowed in, well you would not appreciate the names I thought of calling you.

I'm calmer now, having had coffee and eggs, but I curse the rodent that saw his shadow.

Come on, Spring! Where are you hiding? We've had enough!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That's got one of the greatest mysteries of the universe; why do people stock up on eggs, bread and milk and not bacon, the world's most perfect food?

The only explanation I can think of is that having a sufficient supply of bacon on hand for any emergency is already a given. Still, I would hate to have to run to the store for bacon in a true SHTF situation. It would be a bloodbath of Biblical proportions.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

But when its gonna be cold for a few days, i like to cook up a brisket.

Oh man, now you're talking!!

In another week or so we'll be able to get some good brisket, which is hard to find decent places east of Texas
In our travels, we know where the good eating places are and there are only 2 that have yummy brisket [LA], well 3

I rather brisket any day over steak
Sadly, no one we know cooks it personally, so we have to rely on a restaurant and will drive 60 miles to eat there. LOL.

Yum, yum, yum!!!!!

top topics

join