It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One bright idea!..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ante: Some might say that imagination has no boundaries. Still I believe this is false. It is true that sometimes at first.. a shock might occur discovering something unimaginable. This is at first sight. At second sight the shock is reduced..and so on.

Body: There are many that doubt the existence of such 'societies' and 'situations'. I don't, but I do have one question. Is the mankind that obsolete..? Are we all at such a high degree of inoculation? We have seen that people have a really hard time getting along... and when opinions differ people get even violent sometimes...so how did the bad guys succeed in such a masterpiece?..It seems that money are as much a glue as a TNT. Because the only thing you can be sure of.. is that you must not be sure of nothing. This gets frustrating at a certain point. You are not aware of your life till highschool..and probably long after. You will wake up at a certain point.. with so many strange and unnecessary needs and a urge to comply with the society's strange 'requests'. Now even what was sometimes obvious becomes very blurry. People react to confusion in a strange way. They tend to 'fall asleep'. I am not sure if this is because of fear, laziness, illness.. It is a fact that what is right/good for me might mean false/bad for another person. This might generate a conflict. If you have played strategy games.. you have probably seen that sometimes you will sacrifice two "controls" of soldiers just to conquer some minerals. Do you feel any remorse? Off course not.. and this is normal...

..........(Here goes for now the banned essential.. because I am obviously loosing it)........

Post: I wonder if the persons that post on this forum ar pro or against such organizations. And wich type of secret society is best fitted for these days..the one with all members equal or highly stratified. I wouldn't like to wait 50-60 years in order to become an important part of something.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
But every organization needs a still deeper layer of secrets that are never peeled back, and a misshapen "man behind the curtain" who never sees the light of day...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
He always seemed to feel that the Truth was not good enough, that it was boring after all; and that people should have some "goodies" to look forward to, to propel them toward "postponing satiety."

ONLY HE never bothered to postpone satiety, did he?

My experience is that "postponing satiety" is difficult enough, challenging enough; and finding and parsing Truth is difficult enough and challenging enough; and opposing and dissenting against Evil is difficult enough and challenging enough,

I don't need no damned "mysteries" to keep me DANGLING & DISTRACTED.

I've got enough on my plate.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

He always seemed to feel that the Truth was not good enough, that it was boring after all; and that people should have some "goodies" to look forward to, to propel them toward "postponing satiety."

But the thing is that behind every truth or fact now known there was once a mystery or a questioning of what is accepted by the majority. If no one is questioning a held belief, then that belief becomes fact. This has happened countless times in history when despite evidence presented it is cast aside as being bogus. When there is a held belief sustained by the people in power it is look at as though 'oh well he must be right, he knows better then I, who am I to question'. In this one is fed the 'facts' and tought it is this way b/c it is, which (imo) totally undermines intellectual thought.

My experience is that "postponing satiety" is difficult enough, challenging enough; and finding and parsing Truth is difficult enough and challenging enough; and opposing and dissenting against Evil is difficult enough and challenging enough,

I don't need no damned "mysteries" to keep me DANGLING & DISTRACTED.

Dont take this as blastphamy or undermining your religion, but i think that there were elements set into place as to sudue the masses. Such as within many religions people are tought that they have to do this or that to be able to be a good person. While these things will look good on paper, one must have the desire to do what is right regardless of someone telling you to. Looking at your post, i believe, it seems as though this ideal is a to discourage the search of facts behind mysteries.

Now, I greatly believe in the existance of 'secret societies'. What worries me is if they are consider with the well being of others, or just the promotion of themselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Something to complete Franki. You may already know this :

A group of science men.. have put in a cage 5 monkeys. There was also a ladder in the middle of the cage and above the ladder was a pile of bananas. When a monkey was climbing the ladder to reach the bananas, the men were throwing with cold water on the other monkeys that were not on the ladder.

After a while when a monkey tried to climb the ladder the others were stopping it. After a longer while no monkey would climb the ladder anymore, despite the temptation. Then the science men replaced one monkey. The first thing she did was to climb the ladder, but it was
pulled back and beaten by the others. After few fights no member of the new group would climb the ladder anymore.

A second monkey was replaced and the same happened. The first monkey that was changed participated with enthusiasm when the new one was beaten. A third one was changed and the same. The forth and the fifth were also changed.

Finally the science men had 5 monkeys who where never bathed in cold water but continued to hit the monkeys that tried to reach the bananas. If one could ask the monkeys why where the ones who tried to climb the ladder beaten their response would have probably been "We don't know.. This is how the things are going in here for ages..!!!"

Does it sound familiar?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I like that, actually.

One thing: You're forgetting the monkey at the top already eating the bananas.

The TRUTH is there for you. Simply join with those who know it and live it.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Actually.. I don't think that there are any monkeys on the ladder that are eating bananas. Still...I got your point. I am not a 'fatalist'.. I like my life.. and I strive to improve it. I am rather epicurian than stoic. I am aware also that men are pleasure beings ( hedonism )... but you see .. in the past there were Lords/Kings/Etc..,soldiers,.. and finally the villagers. It was just like that. It was somehow impossible to 'get it' if you hadn't been born with it. Today things are changed. You may achieve greatness... you just have to earn it. One one hand. On the other hand.. individuals don't stand a chance. We need organizations (!) ... but whom may we really trust. Some may say that all this is not about trust but having the same goals and probably methods. I can think only one goal that is really that homogeneous.. that no one will misunderstood its importance or substance : money !

It is said that money spin the world. I am neither naive nor hypocrite... but in order to achieve something and even to be able to do some real good deeds in your life you will need.. money!

top topics

join