It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I am in a water SHTF.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is the 2nd freak out thread this morning over a unnecessary problem created by the poster.

No, you didn't create the water shortage problem but why don't you keep a few cases of water stored at home for emergencies?
People don't plan for these things and always get caught with their pants down.

KEEP FOOD AND WATER STORED AT HOME FOR EMERGENCIES. DO NOT rely on other people, the town you live in or government to keep you in a steady supply of things you need to survive!

The other thread is about a guys girlfriend stranded in her car in the storm EVERYBODY knew was coming. If she doesn't have food, water, blankets, cell charger and candles in her vehicle..... then why don't she?

If people pull their heads outta the sand and PREPARE a little all these "emergencies" will be nothing more than a small inconvenience.

I don't feel sorry for people anymore. I have been preaching preparedness for over 20 years and people just don't want to listen.

You reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Now my mom is in trouble. Just spoke to her. She has a house in a town far smaller than mine. She is on retirement Social Security, a 76 yr old, and one of my siblings resides with her, who is disabled.
Their pipes froze. I know she was letting small fawcett trickles be on, but maybe she let down her guard with that. They are completely without toilet and tap now.
Those two, with their money combined BARELY covered all the bills and necessities each month, and she had to go to a food pantry once a month to help with the food upkeep.
Some of us cannot -afford- to prep sufficiently, that's just the way it is.
If I won any lottery over I dun'no, ahundred thousand, you better believe I would invest in good prepping, for them too. Yes I Would.
edit on 14-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: fix

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
WTF is up with water in this country these days? We have the OP and her town's problems; we had two different incidents with Virginia in the last month or two with their rivers getting fracked with pollutants; California (where I am) is dry as a bone; much of the middle part of the country had a drought for some time before this...and then there is all the stuff going on all over the world with the strange weather patterns, as with the intense temps and low water down under...

Is there some truth to the supposedly world-wide geoengineering stuff people are mentioning? Is there some kind of nefarious Agenda 21 scheme going down to take away our water so we have to move where they want us to go?

I don't know what to think about this stuff...I just read things on line and see plausible things like Dutchsince showing that every weather station in the world doubles as a weather control station, since microwave arrays not only can be used for Doppler radar but also to heat the ionosphere above them to move storm fronts where they want them to go...

I personally see all of this stuff going down, and see it accelerating, and wonder if something far more insidious is happening beyond 'global warming' (or 'cooling', for that matter) to account for it. So I ask questions, and I sit back and patiently wait for answers - here, especially - because the LAST thing I want to find out is happening is some conspiracy to f@#% us all...and I depend on ATS to help us with this

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Varhaard
WTF is up with water in this country these days? We have the OP and her town's problems; we had two different incidents with Virginia in the last month or two with their rivers getting fracked with pollutants; California (where I am) is dry as a bone; much of the middle part of the country had a drought for some time before this...and then there is all the stuff going on all over the world with the strange weather patterns, as with the intense temps and low water down under...

Hopefully people are paying attention and not thinking "won't happen to me". For how important water is we take it for granted. Every story like this one hopefully opens someones eyes to the fact there might not be tap water at some point. Plan ahead.

It's cheap and you are a fool if you don't have some water stored for emergencies.

Also, if you have a traditional water heater, there is water in there too.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee2

When the water comes back to normal.
You should remember to Flush your Water Heater and
change any Water Filters that you may have.
Also open an Outside Hydrant and Flush your
water lines.
I know it Doesn't help now but it will later.
It will keep you from getting sick from the Water.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesman1955

Sunday is still in a boil order status, tomorrow, all should be back to complete normal.
Until the next time!

(Hopefully NOT!)

(Just thinking out loud, is all )
edit on 16-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Not sure if this has been said...

Couldn't you just order food and water off of the internet?

Rush delivery?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

I may go this route, sounds good, www.rockvalleyculligan.com...

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in, promoting, any business here,..)
edit on 16-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The GUT
Sending you prayers and good vibes. Any 5 gallon buckets around? Hugs to you Ms. C!!! So glad you got some water at least. PM if there's anything I can send Amazon or sumpin', k? For realz!

I second that.
Id you need something... let me know too. Amazon and eBay loooove me.

I keep 4 55gal barrels of purified water I treat and exchange regularly for just this situation. We had to move to the "city" due to job transfer... and the water on good days is crap. With a disaster... I can only imagine what it would be like and having been there done that in the past with long term contaminated water.. Im paranoid. LOL! You got some great advise on here and keep us informed. Some of us have a little more experience than others concerning real life long term asshatter SHTF scenarios
We can also give you better ideas for self sufficiency in emergencies even in an apartment when things calm down for you. You have to take care of yourself... cause no one else will.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We always keep at least 100 gals. stored. I also recommend getting a decent water purifier; the types designed for "middle of nowhere" use are great... just avoid stagnant pools... having a purifier opens ANY source of running freshwater as a source of potable water.
edit on 16-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Something I wanted to add here for folks to consider. These events almost never come without warning and time to prepare. They're rarely taken seriously enough when they DO turn out to be more than the weatherman crying wolf, to give fair nods to both sides of reason.

Water heaters are one thing people have mentioned and it's a BIG BIG deal people seem to forget. Every house has a water shut off and that doesn't just shut outside water out...it keeps INSIDE water from being touched by it when it loses pressure and becomes contaminated. Valves work both ways...but not always the obvious thing people conisder (See Katrina as one instance of water shortage in a city literally filled with it ...40-50gls at a time, at every residential address in the town not already fully submerged, and even there, it ought to be salvageable, just not pleasant on any level).

What's just as good or better than a reserve of clean, potable water in a water heater? How about an artificial water bladder to fill? Now what is often the trouble? Fluid bladders of any size are insanely heavy, unwieldy and generally a pain in the ass for all who must do anything with them. (Ask Air Force guys on that one). The solution?

(Source: Emergency Drinking Water Storage by AquaPodKit - Made in America )

A quick note here...the above is specific to a model for the example. It need not be, and the one I bought a couple years back now, was not from those same people. It sits with the rest of my kit for things like the Ice Storm, so I add another 50gls of fresh indoor water before something really gets rolling to put that at risk.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The more I read about things others are going through the more grateful I become. I live not even a mile away from a large clear river and there is another large river that runs on the other side of town. They both flow into one another. Anyways I have had to survive as a homeless person before, and like one poster put it find a creek or pond. I know for me I keep a micron water filtration system in my bug out bag for emergencies. I also have water purification tablets. You just never know what life might throw at you. I have babbled on long enough. Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
"How about an artificial water bladder to fill?"

Contractors bags are heavy duty trash bags 2 mils thick.

You can fill 3 or 4 in the bath tub.

Another thing of keep a eye out at wreaking yards for large motor homes.(25 foot plus.)
They have a large fiberglass or plastic fresh water tank
They are nice square about 6'x2'x8" and fit right in the back of a pickup.

I live in a 34 foot motor home and have a tank from another motor home that fits in my toad.(truck i tow behind my motorhome)
In the RV park i live in i keep my main tank full in case of water problems as they run off a well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join