It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I am in a water SHTF.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
From now on you will keep some tap water in empty wine or pop bottles---or just refill your purchased bottled water when the tap comes back.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
From now on you will keep some tap water in empty wine or pop bottles---or just refill your purchased bottled water when the tap comes back.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sending you prayers and good vibes. Any 5 gallon buckets around? Hugs to you Ms. C!!! So glad you got some water at least. PM if there's anything I can send Amazon or sumpin', k? For realz!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I wanted to make a correction when I said there is no running water in this town, and the animal shelter is offering it's running well water. But the shelter is quite a ways from me. I always had it in my head that they are kinda on the outskirts. My parent could drive me there or to a further away store like I said earlier. I had my mind on purified water and had a mental block to "well water" too. Plus, I feel stunned and am not good at communicating or even thinking very good, under that, I feel very spacey, which is very bad for my thinking and communicating. Sometimes certain stress would make me be blank in my mind. My posts here are edited, because I'm fighting for completed and correct words and thoughts. I'm struggling through this "spacey".
edit on 13-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: x

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Don't forget to ad popping the hotwater heater circuit breaker and draining it. But that should be done as a last resort. If done, leave the breaker popped till water is flowing freely from the hot water spigot. A heating element can get ruined if on without water.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee2

I developed the habit of always having a few cases of bottled water in the house, and I take my plastic empty jugs of laundry detergent, bleach jugs, and large plastic emptly kittly litter jugs, and fill them with water - not for consumption - but for whatever you might need "water" for --- cleaning?

I feel for you - and for the people of the West Virginia water poisoning....

We take so much for granted, until it isn't there.

Take care, God bless all of you guys in this predicament, the rest of us, I'm sure will have to deal with these issues sooner or later, also.

Grew up north of your area on the Mississippi - live in Wisconsin now.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thank You!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Perhaps this is just an american thing But really?

Down under, most people have rain water tanks. OK, my current one is not big at 1000 l which is around 260 gallons. But getting down to 9 Gallons would be freaky.

My last house had 5000 gallons in a tank.

Why doesn't anyone have a tank or two. OK, you are in an apartment but you could put in a small tank surely.

You can fill a tank from mains if you have no alternative.

Water is the first primary need, you don't take chances on water.

P

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I know after this day, I will not be caught with my water down! People previous posted about taking things for granted. I am finding out that just when you are taking things for granted, they get....taken! I can't believe this year. So far.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Was thinking about my "nap". I had gotten a little sleep in, and I wanted to zone out there for more than an hour. Decided to steadfastly do just that. Then this cold spot showed up. But I held my quilted ground. (Until I arose and saw the breaking announcement, which came at 340?) Tho it kept feeling colder.
Wonder if it was my (first) cat, he died near there. Though all grandparents and my father are gone. I think a ghost was trying to get me going,.....
ByTheWay, FYI
When I return to those article links, and they get updated, the photo is swapped for a different photo! Dang it! I hope they don't outright remove the articles, next update.
edit on 14-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: ad

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Dig a little deeper in the well.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

misschareesee2
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

9,100 people, there is NO running water -in this town-
I got myself 9 gallons

I can't believe I'm the first to say this, but, it may be time to GTFO of town.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation. When it's all back to normal i recommend taking a look at these. I think they are one of the most ingenious water storage systems today. With their preserver the stored water will be good untouched for five years. Hope things start to get better

www.waterbrick.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

you are experiencing an inconsequential inconvenience , not a SHTF situation .

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm just a little south and east of you, so I know you have snow. do you have anything to melt it, for sanitation purposes.
No reason you cant flush with it. good luck.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by botay

We are NOT SUPPOSED to flush the toilets. If we do, it causes the fixes to take longer. I am waiting on a local press conference at 800am. I gathered they are going to inform that we will have running water back, much sooner than the dire rumors from yesterday. But however, it will be under boil order, but it looked to me, like everyone horded clean water for drinking. Put your news on at 8.

This morning I went doo in my cat litter box. I felt like a big mama kittycat. Had a bunch of the fine grain scoopable scented. It worked good, but you have to cover that stuff totally. I put the toiletpaper into the litter too and covered it.

NO "MSM" the info is on the city hall channel (5)

edit on 14-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: Update

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

pheonix358
Perhaps this is just an american thing But really?

Down under, most people have rain water tanks. OK, my current one is not big at 1000 l which is around 260 gallons. But getting down to 9 Gallons would be freaky.

It's not an american thing. Some areas just have an almost endless supply of fresh water, no private storage needed.

I'm in the arid US southwest. Nearly all rural resident out here have several water storage cisterns. Ours is 1250 gallons, in addition we have mobile tanks, combined they store an additional 1000 gallons. We have a 300 gallon hot tub, it's treated so we couldn't drink it but we could at least have a chemical bath.

Just a few years ago we filled in the old pit toilet installed by the previous owner. We could easily dig a new one complete with building, crescent moon on the door.

City people have it rough, in the country our infrastructure goes down all the time, it's little more than an inconvenience. We have a gravity feed outside shower, a metal 250 gallon tank heated by the sun. It feels pretty damn good, in the summer we use it even when we don't have to.

The doodie problem could get bad for city people especially if they have kids. Kids accustom to modern facilities can be a bit reluctant using alternative toilet methods. At the very least they want a toilet seat.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Collecting rain water is illegal in some areas..

The specific laws can change a lot, but most seem focused on retaining public dependency. Imagine that?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

The specific laws can change a lot, but most seem focused on retaining public dependency. Imagine that?

Yes this is underway. It hurts self sufficiency. I'm sure that's on purpose.

So, right now my running water is back on, but it's a weak stream, and it's kinda slimey and smelly and brownish.
Right before this happened, I was telling myself, it's time to do away with the cat litter box and litter, because my mom adopted my furboy. But instead, that litter was a lifesaver. The scoopable scented kind works -perfect-, even for humans. Cat litter and stored water. Over the coming weeks, I plan to grab propane camping things when the situation arises that I can get a ride to WalMart. It's also time for me to order one of those buckets of freezedried food. I always listened to Alex Jones hawk it on his show; but didn't regard that much.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I have zero doubt it is intentional! Some of the reasons given actually make sense, in some cases, but I have yet to see one that truly justifies the measure of banning rain water collection completely!

Its hard for me to give advice in this arena though, since my experience comes from wilderness survival..

But, I will say this in response to you buying camping gear;

If you are prepared to survive in an area with no infrasctructure whatsoever, no people around, and on your own.. Then surviving in a situation like this is quite easy.

Water can be harvested from many different means, especially if there is snow around and you have a nice shelter (your house). Before this happened, the bathtub can be filled as a temporary water storage tank.

As it stands, you have 9 gallons, and I think you are going to be ok. If you start running low on that, let us know, and I would guess that within an hour or two of posting.. you will get enough info to never worry about water again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join