It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I am in a water SHTF.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was trying to take a nap around 230pm today, but this cold spot appeared by me (though the rest of my place was warm, I know that.) and made me uncomfortable. I finally got up and decided to look at my computer screen. Face Book news feed.
In there, an MSM story/announcement, 5 minutes in. Said the water to my town is nixed, due to "structural failure", which turns out to be a failed pump for sewage. And there is no estimate on when we will have water of any kind. To 9,100 residents. We are not supposed to flush toilets.

I was wearing a jammy housedress type of thing. I threw pants and coat on, already had shoes on, hair up, unwashed face, etc,
grabbed my bank card and phone (forgot my keys and I came back locked out) and ran (cause I don't have a car) to the grocery store across the street. Many people were pouring in and grabbing drinking waters 3 ft high in their carts. It was shopping pocalypse like with the grocers down South, due to the snow. I got some water and ran the big steel cart home, and through some snow patches, was a hellish labor, for a minute. People who missed water were eyeing others with it. Right after I checked out, the manager closed the store. I had to call a maintenance man who lived across town, to let me back in. When I came in, I was watching all the updates on FB and googling. I saw that right after I got my own store water, every business was rapidly closing up, and sending everyone home. Now it's a ghost town.
During that time, I overheard people saying to each other, this situation could be from a few days to a couple weeks.
I had a cat, but he is at my mom's. I'll explain that later. So, in here, he had this large plastic tub full of catlitter, because he's a big boy, 19 lbs. It's still there, and now, I am going to be going #2 in it.

Jan 4, me and 61 other residents were pulled from our beds at 430am, because of some water main and boiler issues. It turns out that we did not get to return for 2 weeks. Those without family's accommodations were put in a motel and my mom came and got me. (I took my fur baby of course, and long story short, he is adopted by mom, (her request,) due to my severely bad allergies to kittycats.)

I kept having a GUT (lol) feeling that some other shoe was going to drop, in regards to a living situation 'apocalypse' again.

This article link tells about this, and it will show where I am so that intriguing ATS guys can come hunt me down and stalk me, (NOT!) and my old fat ass. That's okay, I haven't dated in 17 years. If I'm not silly, I might start to pannick. That's all.

www.wifr.com...

www.kwqc.com...
edit on 13-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: x

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
how much water do you currently have on hand?

is there a running water source nearby?

how many beings are living on your current water supply?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This article link shows the picture of what was going on in the stores.
www.saukvalley.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

9,100 people, there is NO running water -in this town-
I got myself 9 gallons

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee2

no, the questions are to YOU. i need info to assess your situation in order to provide advice

EDIT: i wasn't clear. you have 9 gallons, depending on your drinking and cooking needs alone thats roughly two weeks of water.
is there a stream nearby? a creek? a river? a lake? are you caring for your cat? are there other people in your home?
edit on 2/13/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Two notes about sanitation ..issues.. from a trucker and a life of making things work when needed.

Plastic shopping bags work too, but check the bottom for holes. Many are designed with small ones and small is enough for (ahem) some things.

Also.. Outside they must go. Trust me on this. I used freezer bags. I used multiple industrial sealing bags. Nothing...but absolutely nothing...holds that #2 smell for long. I think humans are hard wired with a damn near canine sensitivity to that smell and reaction, of course.

Hope that helps avoiding some trial and error...

* To answer any curiosity.. Trucks parked on ramps or parked in other isolated places overnight, as one may see in any area of the nation, have to do something ..and it sure isn't polite to use alternatives outside. err.. Amazing what things are taken for granted, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It must be terrible not knowing how long you'll be without water. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Also, your cat weighs the same as my 10 month old son.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yessir you are correct. #2 Wants to be smelled for some reason. not even military "wag bags" hold the scent inside long

for #2 i recommend filling a 5 gallon bucket 1/4 with sand/dirt/kitty litter, and after the deed cover it just enough so the stuff isnt visible. but keep the bucket outdoors until needed

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
2014 has been 2 big upheavals for me, right out of the starting gate. I vaguely recall watching on YouTube, this one guy give a tarot reading to those in my astrological sign, probably about around 8 wks back or more. He read for 2014. He said he saw us being swept out of our living situations like for example by water. I said, "no, how could that be."

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sucks that you don't have wheels to hit up a neighboring town for more water.

As for no2, a bucket and dirt works...after the kitty litter stops working. Poop then toss a layer of dirt to cover. Treat the toilet paper like they do in Sochi, toss it away.

As for water, your 9 gallons will last 9 days.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm in an apartment building with a lot of other residents, and my mom has my cat. I figure, if I feel my gallons are running too low, mom who has a van, may take me to another town further away, where people haven't horded the water there as well. I had heard that people with vehicles, were running over to the nearest-by towns and buying the water.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

My question is why does a tiny town of 9k have city water?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
Sucks that you don't have wheels to hit up a neighboring town for more water.

As for no2, a bucket and dirt works...after the kitty litter stops working. Poop then toss a layer of dirt to cover. Treat the toilet paper like they do in Sochi, toss it away.

As for water, your 9 gallons will last 9 days.

Good luck.
9 days only if she drinks a gallon a day. under everyday normal circumstances most people don't drink that much. if she was outdoors and doing harder work, yes 9 days would be accurate.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VaultBoy

Here's something more curious: There has been "a hue and cry" from some people (I saw it in like news comments and FB comments) that authorities were getting notions to force any residents off well water and on to the city water. Maybe I'll look for a link on that.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hygiene is almost always ignored.

Trust me, my podunk town went through similar 2 years ago. A gallon per person is a must.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

late to the thread, but your link in the OP was last updated just after 10PM

Emergency Operation Centers in Rock Falls:

Portable restrooms are setup at City Hall, Thome School, Rock Falls Middle School, and Rock Falls High School. Water will be distributed at the library parking lot and Rock Falls High School S curve. Until midnight or sooner if supplies run out.

Water will also be available at Rock Falls Middle School and Thome School beginning around 7am on Friday.

You will be fine, despite the mad run on bottled water ... It may be inconvenient for a time, but keeping your cool will save hours of unneeded worry...

Stay safe, and prayers headed your community's way that they resolve the water problem soon

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VaultBoy

Living in the south, I asked the same question.

Depends on how the town/city is set up. They can be incorporated or not. Something to do how and who has control of the area. You can have a city, but still be under county rule.

My guess is that they have their own city water tower and septic system.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Do you know of a 'Happy Tails' Animal Shelter there?
At the bottom of the page, they had this message:

Happy Tails · Works at Happy Tails Animal Shelter Illinois

THERE IS WATER AT THE SHELTER YOU'RE WELCOME TO VISIT US AND SHARE OUR WATER!

Happy Tails is not affected by the current water shutdown that is affecting the City of Rock Falls. We have a well and water supply at the shelter has not been affected, nor has the care of the animals.

If you have no water, you're welcome to come out to Happy Tails. We are open until 8:00 p.m. tonight and will be open 8:00 a.m. to noon tomorrow. You're welcome to come visit the animals, fill up some water jugs, and use our restroom. The animals always love visitors!

That was at the bottom of the KWQC link

Is there any way you can get a ride there if you need any extra water??
Maybe they can help and hold you over until they get the water back on

Good luck to you

edit on 13-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

My parent has a vehicle, but she lives nearly 20 miles away from me in another town. I decided to carefully use the 9 gallons that I have every day, and when it necessitates, she may drive me to some place that has more.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I get dirty brown fecal matter water every time we get heavy rain. It's annoying . I don't drink it of course, but they've never said don't flush. If they have I haven't heard about it. I keep flushing to flush it out. It's super gross because you don't want to shower or brush your teeth in it. It's like being in Mexico. So I always keep extra water now. Keep a kettle of boiled water, in case it happens. I've got a bit of the clean stuff stored in that. There's a way to add a bit of bleach to water. You would need to google how you do that because it would be a very small amount. By the way adding bleach to urine makes ammonia. A dangerous fume I think.
I would keep the poop outside or it will stink. Or get some depends lol Baby wipes are a good idea for the last wipe off too.

You must have a different situation
Good luck.

edit on 13-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join