It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we Really Be On The Brink?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

marbles87
reply to post by taoistguy

You're confusing hiding with having a human form. If they were hiding where do all these contacts and visuals come from. I'm sorry that you haven't had your contact yet but when you do you'll understand. They have made their presence very known for ages. Plus differnt ET are interested in different stuff and it just makes things easier if humans don't freak the hell out. I can't believe you never seen MIB pretty much explains it all.

MIB ??? oh, c'mon...
what v5uals and contacts? they are all fake.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i believe there are aliens out there somewhere- they may even be watching us right now from a very long way away, but as to them being here now among us, well...if that was the case i certainly would not freak out. i would welcome them, unless they were here for negative reasons, in which case i would go get my magic sword.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry I can't offer you the proof you need. No one can. Even if ET showed up in front of you, you still might deny it so why bother. The easiest way I can put it is they do the same things we do. Just as all living things do ; try to adapt to your environment the best you can to increase your chances to reproduce, reproduce, die. I hope you find the proof you are looking for but I can't provide it and as of right now no one can.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Are we on the brink?

of something?

We're probably just as close to the brink of anything as the Christians have been in saying "SOON" for the last 2000 years as it applies to the promised return of their savior.

It's always "Soon", and for whatever reason, "Soon" never ever happens.

You'd think "Soon" would get a little old, but, for some folks, it seems 2000 years and counting still qualifies.

Aliens?
Disclosure?

Hey, be my guest. I'm sure they're coming "Soon".

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Instead of trying to prove that aliens are visiting in flying saucers, I think we'd stand a much better chance of proving that the government has had and operated these 'flying saucers' for decades.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I agree with you. I know there are quite a few ufologists, Timothy Good chief among them probably that believe they are already here and among us. I found his latest book about the ufo coverup quite eye opening. Do I believe everything he had to say, I can't say for sure, but I do believe some of what he is saying. At this point I would consider many things related to et as a possibility. As not being an expert, I Just don't know. I do feel we have been visited, , and are being visited. Are all ufo's aliens, no, but I feel SOME are. And I do believe alot of the abduction cases, esp. Betty and Barney Hill and the guy in Arizona who was taken for awhile are standouts. Time will tell hopefully how this all plays out.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

VoidHawk

There's a purpose to his "coming out" and its got nothing to do with disclosure.

Yep and that purpose is money and publicity.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What seems most noteworthy about Paul Hellyer's open expression of his opinions on UFOs is that he has led a life of accomplishment and service. He might well have declined to sully his reputation by staking out a very controversial position.
He trained as an aeronautical engineer, served in World War II, and for 5 years as Canada's Defense Minister. He also later served as Transport Minister, Senior Minister in Cabinet, a post similar to today's Deputy Prime Minister, and as a Minister to the Canadian Parliament.
He is the author of 12 books. His manner in the RT interview was calm, focused and methodical. He seems inclined to take other person's claims at face value. During his post as Defense Minister, he saw many UFO reports, including a residual 15 to 20 percent that remained persistently unexplained.
He has maintained a similar position about an extraterrestrial presence on Earth for at least the last nine years, under sometimes withering attack. He obviously has the courage of his convictions.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just worry that one day a alien ship lands on the White House lawn and out come 100Ft tall Native Americans. They would be totally @issed off when they realize that we have done to the Native Americans and the land/resources.

It would be "game over" America, pack it up and move back to Europe/Africa.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Ross 54
What seems most noteworthy about Paul Hellyer's open expression of his opinions on UFOs is that he has led a life of accomplishment and service, which he might well have declined to sully by staking out a very controversial position. He trained as an aeronautical engineer, served in World War II, and for 5 years as Canada's Defense Minister. He also later served as Transport Minister, Senior Minister in Cabinet, a post similar to today's Deputy Prime Minister, and as a Minister to the Canadian Parliament.

He is the author of 12 books. His manner in the RT interview was calm, focused and methodical. He seems inclined to take other person's claims at face value. During his post as Defense Minister, he saw many UFO reports, including a residual 15 to 20 percent that remained persistently unexplained. He has maintained a similar position about an extraterrestrial presence on Earth for at least the last nine years, under sometimes withering attack. He obviously has the courage of his convictions.

I have never doubted that some people who have a belief in alien visitation are very accomplished people.

However, that does not make the evidence for alien visitation any greater than what the evidence already is. There are also very accomplished people who do NOT believe the evidence shows that we are being visited, and THAT does not make the evidence any LESS than what it already is.

A person can chose to believe there is enough evidence or chose to believe there is not (yet) enough evidence for alien visitation, but the fact that some people believe or do not believe is not itself evidence.

edit on 2/14/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

marbles87

taoistguy

marbles87

taoistguy
reply to post by mysterioustranger

ok, so the question is, why are they here, what is there agenda and why can't i see them?

Why are we on Mars... To learn and because we can get there. There agenda is their business as is ours. You're not talking to the right people.

the crafts on mars aren't exactly hiding...

Who said that ET is hiding? You can hide stuff in plain sight if the person doing the looking doesn't know what they are looking for. They have a bunch of movies. MIB, MIB again... Haha
edit on 13-2-2014 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

In plain sight is where you may find the truth if you just open your eyes!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Disclosure? hmmm... *looks at avatar* Nope not yet. Just wait, Chris Hansen will save the day.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We already had disclosure. This is what the White House said:

“The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public’s eye. [...] The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

WHITE HOUSE SAYS NO ALIENS

And guess what? A lot of people didn't believe that. Because it didn't confirm what they believed.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

marbles87
Why are we so keen on government disclosing aliens for us to believe. Honestly if the US disclosed I would become a non believer on principal. Either you believe or you don't it's not something that can be disclosed or taught just like indivual spiritual links and beliefs either you have it or you don't.

So aliens to you are like spirits?

UFOlogy then is a religion not a science.

Real aliens will be able to be detected or examined. No one will have to "believe in them" for them to exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

nugget1
Instead of trying to prove that aliens are visiting in flying saucers, I think we'd stand a much better chance of proving that the government has had and operated these 'flying saucers' for decades.

Instead of trying to prove either, don't you think we'd be much better off not jumping the gun and proving aliens actually exist out there in the first place?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

It alway seems like we are on the brink of something big. Whether it be the apocalypse or disclosure or the return of Jesus Christ. Yet life goes on as usual. We go up once again tired as hell monday morning, and go to work as usual. Niburu don't come crashing down and the poles don't shift either.

And as I have said before, I don't think disclosure is especially important. People need to keep a wider view, and not get tunnel vision waiting for what a few unimportant ministers or old presidents have to say. We need to find out the truth ourselves, whatever it may be.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Of course its childish. A baby planet asking for verification on their infantile level of understanding. The evidence is overwhelming. Even if half of it is nuts...the rest of it stands alone.

Our mistake is asking for some kind of admittance. What kind would be enough? From which or what countries would the whole entire world accept as proof positive-by-disclosure?

As a planet we are so far off in accepting what intelligence should be telling us. They are here and have been here.

The world as a whole would have to be one-world government of spokespersons disclosing as a whole...what? "Yep. They are here." No kidding. And still, one half of all the people in the world wouldnt believe it anyway.

So, we are back to square one. There's a documentary called "I know what I saw" with astronauts, government politicians, scientists, religious leaders, philosophers etc, all gathered together to say theyve seen them, they know they exist and want to tell the world. They did that. And still, folks are crying for "disclosure"?.

It wont come. Ever. In pieces, by some, at different times...but that is my point here. And if youre waiting for the world to get together and agree on announcing that which we know and believe already...keep dreaming.

1/2 of all people will never believe, no matter what or who discloses. And I'd like to think that if only 1/4 or 1/2 of 1/10 of everything we've seen, heard, watched and read about in our lives is true...then thats all I need. Not an announcement.

And thats why I say its an immature attitude to require "proof" from some body of countries, leaders etc...that the whole world wont broadly accept anyway.

It will never happen. And we have to stop thinking we'd recognize them or see them, or that they fly around in "spaceships", when in reality? Its a safe bet that we should at least admit we are too young of a planet to be able to even understand or recognize them when we do see them...

If we could...even see them....

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
For me, government disclosure wouldn't do it for me, wouldn't prove much of anything either way, just like them saying aliens don't exist doesn't prove anything to me. For me, what WOULD prove it would be enough scientists and reputable researchers without preconceived notions of what they might find came to a conclusion after years of research and published a scientific paper..something as official as the most recent IPCC report on global climate change,for instance. THAT would be what disclosure would look like to me; it would have to come from educated sources, not government ones.

Of course as soon as they have a good way to market it, and the big corporations get involved in seeing the profit in disclosure, then and only then will it happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

jessme
For me, government disclosure wouldn't do it for me, wouldn't prove much of anything either way, just like them saying aliens don't exist doesn't prove anything to me. For me, what WOULD prove it would be enough scientists and reputable researchers without preconceived notions of what they might find came to a conclusion after years of research and published a scientific paper...

Science and most laypeople with even a moderate education believe that aliens almost certainly "exist". The question is: Are they visiting the earth".

Granted, there is no hard evidence that intelligent aliens exist elsewhere in the universe, but the circumstantial evidence (the size of the universe and what we know about extremophile life on Earth) makes it likely. However, many people (including myself) feel that the evidence for alien visitation of Earth is not as good.

But you you be very hard pressed to find a scientist who thinks that humans are the only intelligent life in the vastness of the universe.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You don't need disclosure & you don't need belief. You don't need worthless and unreliable "witness" testimony. You don't need Youtube videos or UFO books and documentaries. You don't need conmen & clowns claiming to channel aliens from zeta reticuli. What you need is actual evidence supporting alien visitations to earth. Evidence that can pass the scientific process and not crumble under scrutiny. That's all you need. Anything less than that, is simply hearsay or stories. Thus far, that proof eludes us. Its conceivable that given the immensity of the universe life on other planets is likely, but an alien presence on earth has never been proven. Ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join