It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The L'Amarante case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In any exploration we Humans first are sending sonda's ,rovers, probes, orbiters first to alien worlds and then eventually Humans.Any enough developed alien civilisation i presume will do the same.This is the case when i personally think if this thing in this case is extraterestrial then due to the size this must be a alien probe or something.

The L'Amarante case, as it is called took place in the town of Nancy, France in 1982.

The case is significant for two reasons:

1) The eyewitness to the UFO was a biologist, allegedly a highly reliable witness.

2) The case involved effects to vegetation.

The case at Nancy began as the eyewitness, biologist saw an ovoid-shaped object which silently descended into his garden.

Unbelievably, the object simply hovered about three feet above the ground for some twenty minutes.

The witness states that when the UFO rose up, the vegetation underneath did the same. This effect has been determined to be from electromagnet energy.

This baffling case was investigated by France's GEPAN. They found that amarante plants near the event had withered leaves, and the fruit has burst open, as if it had been cooked.

Video reproduction of the case starts in 10:25

Link

edit on 13-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The problem I have with this is that probes, no matter how expensive, are expendable.

We have a $2.5 Billion rover on Mars right now, as well as a bunch of other hardware shot off in many sundry other directions.

Do any of these come back home?
Nope.

They do their job for as long as they can, and when they cease functioning, they're left to lie.

That's the job of probes; to be cheap and expendable in comparison to more expensive alternatives that would require return trips and other such complications.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I'm pretty sure that in 100 years we will have probes who will take samples from planets in solar system and they will return safe at Earth.And what is 100 years in universe? One micro-second ?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

xavi1000

I'm pretty sure that in 100 years we will have probes who will take samples from planets in solar system and they will return safe at Earth.And what is 100 years in universe? One micro-second ?

Exactly, and why stop at only one planet? Probes will be sent out on long journeys taking them to many places before they return.

As to the OP. I watched a docu about this case, and the guy who says he saw this event came across as a little...strange.
However, they do that when they spew out disinfo so maybe this was a real event.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, I'd never heard of this case before and found it fascinating. As for the argument that we leave our own probes to die on alien worlds, why assume that we would do the same if we had the technology to orbit a planet, send a probe down, and have it return? It would make more sense to reuse it if technology permitted, especially if we are talking about manned interstellar travel. Currently that is not an option for us, but that doesn't mean it won't be in the future, or that it wouldn't be an option for a more advanced alien technology.

edit on 13-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

VoidHawk
As to the OP. I watched a docu about this case, and the guy who says he saw this event came across as a little...strange.
However, they do that when they spew out disinfo so maybe this was a real event.

It was investigated by GEPAN, soil and flower samples were taken and there are lab results.This event was real.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

We, mere humans having fiddled around in space for a short time, are in no position to make judgments about what ETs--not just one race of them, but many--would think or do. No only that, while we are accustomed to the so-called "greys" being about four feet tall, we know of some that are much larger.

This little UFO virtually at the guy's feet reminds me of an old sci-fi story. A ham radio operate discovers in DXing that he has made contact with an ET ship. The ETs are zero in on his location and are going to land and met him fact to face. They start their descent. For some reason, the directions that the guy is passing along are not helping them find his exact location. It was a mystery. However, they had cleared with him that the atmosphere of Earth was breathable to them. Finally, they did manage to get with his vicinity and land. But as they open the hatch on their ship to met him they found a problem. They have landed in a body of water and they all perished before making real contact with him.

The guy can't figure it out. Where in Hell did they land? There were no large bodies of water in his vicinity! They were coming in, landed and died in water. How could that be, he wonder and could never figure it out.

The omniscient narrator of the story takes over and supplies us with the answer. The spaceship was of the size of a molecule and landed in a ring of water condensed on the table from radio operator's bottle of beer.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Aliensun because: One type caught!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

xavi1000

I'm pretty sure that in 100 years we will have probes who will take samples from planets in solar system and they will return safe at Earth.
We already have probes that can sample planets in the solar system and return the results to earth.

Instead of sending the samples back to a lab on Earth, we sent the lab to Mars:

Mars Science Laboratory

Alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer (APXS): This device can irradiate samples with alpha particles and map the spectra of X-rays that are re-emitted for determining the elemental composition of samples.

CheMin: CheMin is short for 'Chemistry and Mineralogy', and it is an X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence analyzer.[54][55][56] It will identify and quantify the minerals present in rocks and soil and thereby assess the involvement of water in their formation, deposition, or alteration.[55] In addition, CheMin data will be useful in the search for potential mineral biosignatures, energy sources for life or indicators for past habitable environments.

Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM): The SAM instrument suite will analyze organics and gases from both atmospheric and solid samples.[52][53] This include oxygen and carbon isotope ratios in carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) in the atmosphere of Mars in order to distinguish between their geochemical or biological origin.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This "classic" French case is relatively unknown outside France. Thanks for shedding some light on this odd case here.

I highly recommend for everyone interested in it to take a look at the following video (in French), especially since 1'00" where a 3D reconstitution can be seen.

Unfortunately, and it have to be known by everyone, there were many methodology problems and discrepancies during the following investigations:
- The witness claimed that he tried to take shoots with its camera of the UFO, but no further investigations have been done to check this point.
- The GEPAN investigators intervened only height days later, when they were informed of some possible traces and effects on the amarante.
- One thing that is generally unknown from the UFO investigators is that the witness plowed the place (yes!) where the amarantes were located, two days before the GEPAN investigators came to take second vegetable samples (the gendarmerie took the first samples the day after), for the following reason (quoting the witness himself) "for aesthetic reasons". The grass were the object was hovering over was cut as well.
- The case is called "the amarante case", but could have been named too "the hollyhock case" or "the privet case", as these two plants were also very close to the place at were the UFO was, but with zero alteration.
- The amarante analysis were done on two samples (n°22 and 23) but the n°22 was let opened without any further precautions during one full week. Moreover, these two samples were simply kept in the vegetable compartment of a fridge (!!).
- The conclusion of the laboratory who analyzed the samples was: "Due to the state of conservation of the samples, it is difficult to draw formal conclusions using the vegetable biochemistry to explain the aspect difference between the withered amarante and the blank sample".
- The results of some other grass samples taken and kept this time with a good methodology were never published.

This is not an extensive list, but I think that it shows undoubtedly that the old GEPAN methodology wasn't that one should expect from an official organism.
Fortunately, the modern GEIPAN have done considerable progress nowadays.

Sources (in French):
- Investigation 86/06 - Note n°17 "the Amarante" - CNES/GEPAN
- "OVNIs du CNES" - Chapter 15

top topics

join