It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save a turkey this year - have tofu "turkey" instead.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
while aussies dont celebrate thanksgiving we do celebrate australia and have similar problems with hippie vegetarians peddling their tofu sausages and spicy chicken wings.

thanksgiving = american turkeys.

australia day = aussie lamb chops!

i think these two hilarious videos say everything i was thinking.

especially the first video which is directed at vegans.

Australia day commercial #1

Australia day commercial #2

funny videos about delicious animals. not just for carnivorous monkeys anymore

[edit on 20/11/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

I love turkey, I eat turkeys, I am human! It is discusting how farms have become industies that pen animals in such close proximity. They do the same thing with cattle and pigs... Then to stop the outbreak of desease they mass inoculate the animals with huge doses of antibiotics. It's enough to turn someone into an herbavor. Not me however. Millions of years of evolution. It was the high protien content of meat that helped develope the human brain into what it is today! Otherwise It could well be that the turkeys would now be EATING US!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Ooghhh, fried turkey, Lawds yes, I'm breathin' hard. M-o-o-n, that spells turkey! Where ya' live homes? lol

From my favorite novel of all time!

Love the reference!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks for that lombozo, certain a number of people were scratching there heads. Be sure to hit "Travels with Charlie" by John Steinbeck, another of my all time fav's. You've probably done so already though.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
*smacks "someone" upside the head for reviving this one - LOL*

Turkey it is!

I will not have years of traditon, nor the history of mankind itself, contradicted to me. I NEED meat (as long as it's organic and raised humanely).

Yes - I go the extra yard for the expensive bird - but it must be a turkey.

NO guilt here.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No tofu for me, thanks. That soy stuff converts to estrogen in most people's systems. So maybe it's good for chicks, but guys need real meat. Not something that's gonna shrink you in places you don't want to be shrunk.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
MMmmmm

Toffee turkey.. argghhhhh!!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That would be...

Originally posted by Relentless
*smacks "someone" upside the head for reviving this one - LOL*

Me.

I have arrived at my current place of incarceration, and am staying at a hunting lodge (it's just myself and the caretaker). I have a kitchen so I have procured a small bird and the fixins to go along with... I shall form my apology to this dear avian spirit by enjoying a long tryptophan induced slumber...

To drool... is cool...

Pilgrim Monkeys, not just for longstanding holiday institutions anymore...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For us its going to be the Anti PETA dinner

Prime Rib, slow cooked and butter basted, served bloody rare. with au jus, creamed horseradish etc.

Haricot Verts that are stir fried with roasted garlic and cubed panceta (uncured Italian bacon)

Arugala salad with lobster and crab tower, the lobster will be butter poached

fingerlings, shallots, and cipolini tossed with olive oil, rosemary, and yes more panceta

onion soup with smoked grueyer cheese

The Soup and salad cource will pair with a a

N.V. Franck Bonville Champagne Cuvée Les Belles Voyes Brut Blanc de Blancs

And the roast will have the 1997 Casanova di Neri Cerretalto to keep it company

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Save the Tofu Microbe! Eat a Turkey!

Did you know that millions of microbes are killed in the manufacture of Tofu! The Tofu blocks are squeezed and pressed together so tightly that the microbes have no room to move around. The microbes live and swim in their own feces.

He He

I admit that a turkey farm in many cases is raising turkeys in a manner not in keeping with what is right and good. However, the farms practices are what should be changed and not that of eating turkey.

I guess it would be better than in your mind that I should go out and hunt my own turkey on a private stock ranch, yes? He He. Yes, that is what we should all do. We should all ask the turkey farms to instead raise their turkeys in a manner like a stock ranch and we should all be forced to go into the wild and hunt our turkeys like our forefathers did.

In the Bible, God said to Peter, “Slaughter and eat.’ If you call yourself a Christian, then you should grief no one about their choice to eat flesh. Did not Christ say, “Whosoever does not eat of my flesh and drink of my blood shall not have life within you.”

The Jews did not just eat mana in the desert when fleeing from the slavery of the Egyptians. The bible also says that they ate small birds.

I find it hypocritical that almost all those who call themselves vegetarians also eat eggs and cheese. Do the female vegetarians ever say, “Look, eating a egg is killing an unborn chichen!” No, they do not say such things. No do they say, “Drinking milk is depriving a calf of its nourishment”. Do they ever say “You’re taking a mothers milk away from its babies!” No, of course they don’t. They are the worst form of hypocrisy, the vegetarians these days. For in the past, if one was a vegetarian, they would always acknowledge the truth that it was not evil or wrong to eat flesh, but merely a choice. They would never say that it was wrong or unnatural to eat flesh as the hypocrite vegetarians of today do.

They disgust me to the core with their bleeding heart insanity and hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Or, better still (unfermented soy is suspect), have a delicious vegetarian pizza, piping hot... Mmm!

[color=Limegreen]Proud vegetarian since 1986

P.S. (soliloquy a deux... no, make that a trois, but the third party is silent, contemplating the destiny of the Western civilisation - and whether it still is such a "good idea"... ; )):

"The time will come when men will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men."

It will.
But who'd have thought that 500 years after you said those words we'd be waiting still...

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Intelligent?
Turkeys will drown if left outside in the rain because they look up and open their mouths.
No, seriously, it's true.
And I wouldn't call it beautiful either.
The Tofu is far more beautiful, and far more gentle a soul than most Turkeys
But you go and ahead and advocate their slaughter!?!?!

Eat real Turkey and save an innocent plant!

(I'm serious BtW not just mocking you)

[edit on 22-11-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

Since you are "serious" (and the rain part dispelled any doubts about that) and "not just mocking", it would be, then, perfectly legitimate for anyone to deduce the following.

The criteria for the right to live are:

- beauty
(as perceived by the one deciding who has the right to live on)
N.B. To ensure maximal objective validity, I would suggest the appropriate use of head-measuring instruments devised specifically for the purpose quite a few years ago.

and

- intelligence
(as above, with the additional remark that "intelligence" is, as its etymology indicates, something that takes two... In other words, if a living being doesn't express itself by means intelligible to the observer, however obtuse the latter might be, it will be considered un-intelligent).

That would cover it, right?

Which then leads us to the question of cost-efficient disposal of any such individuals, seeing that their sustenance, especially in the case of those whose deficient intelligence and/or verbal (and/or any other type of) expression, calls for special maintenance costs while the positive effect of such individuals on the economy is minimal at best (when employed according to their abilities and under strict surveillance), non-existent in most cases...

I say we adjourn it for the day, gentlemen, it's getting late.
We'll pick it up at Wannsee, anyway.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Why do vegetarians bother some people so much?
[edit on 11/23/2004 by Lecky]

Because very many people - and regardless of what they PROCLAIM - don't really like seeing somebody take a stand based on morals and ethics that go against the status quo (regardless of how #ty the latter may be) - and then actually walk the talk.

It's as simple as that. ; )

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
I find it hypocritical that almost all those who call themselves vegetarians also eat eggs and cheese. Do the female vegetarians ever say, “Look, eating a egg is killing an unborn chichen!” No, they do not say such things. No do they say, “Drinking milk is depriving a calf of its nourishment”. Do they ever say “You’re taking a mothers milk away from its babies!” No, of course they don’t. They are the worst form of hypocrisy, the vegetarians these days. For in the past, if one was a vegetarian, they would always acknowledge the truth that it was not evil or wrong to eat flesh, but merely a choice. They would never say that it was wrong or unnatural to eat flesh as the hypocrite vegetarians of today do.

They disgust me to the core with their bleeding heart insanity and hypocrisy.

But you don't have a problem with meat-eaters who get their "prey" prepackaged in supermarkets...?

I'll pretend I didn't read the Bible-referring parts (for your sake) and I'll just ask you: when was the last time you went out and slaughtered a cow yourself?

Oh and BTW, us, "hypocrite vegetarians", go a LOOONG way back... ; )

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

That's not how I see it. To me some vegans act very similar to born-again (insert religion here) and try to shove their ideologies upon others. Veteran vegans are usually quite alright, but the recently 'converted' ones are just so loud.. :shk:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals.

This is the wrong association to belong to. If you love animals - why do they petition against owning and loving them? They would rather violence against people than violence against animals. Take your side I guess.

Seriously there is a lot wrong with this group it almost makes me throw up everytime I hear a reference to them.

Be a vegan, vegetarian, animal lover but please have nothing to do with this mob.

Peace out,
- Naz

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hmm, so vegetarians go out and "hunt" their veggies in the wild? Wow, I’d have to see that to believe it. What do they use to hunt with, a shovel?

If I could go out and hunt for my food I would actually like that. But it doesn’t bother me that I have the convenience of the supermarket to shop at. But I would love to see a vegetarian that doesn’t shop at a grocery store. Hah!

If you took me and your average “Nazi Vegetarian” and told both of us that we could no longer go to the grocery store for food, guess what. I would be the one that would go out and hunt for food. The vegetarian would go to court and sue the grocery store. I don’t think a vegetarian could survive if there weren’t grocery stores around.

When was the last time you ever heard of a “Tofu Hunt”. I never have. Fox hunt, maybe, but not a Tofu Hunt. “Look, there’s the elusive ridge backed tofu container”, “Let’s use our “Tofu Call” and try to get him to come closer to our hideout.” (The hunter plays the grocery store elevator music on a speaker in an attempt to call to the Tofu).

I love that the vegetarian crowd loves to pull the “Why don’t you hunt for your food then you big strong man” card every time someone fights back against their “no meat” agenda.

I don’t hunt for my food because I know that I can buy it in the store! I can’t believe that you actually used that as an argument point. You veggies really crack me up.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Tofu is made from soy milk. Soy milk comes from soybeans. How do they grow soybeans? Well, first take a rainforest and burn it down ........

www.mongabay.com...

So, don't kill a turkey for thanksgiving, eat tofu and kill an entire ecosystem instead

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
HA!

That one so made my day.

Well it does seem to be the consensus is Turkey this year. Woohoo! (except for the fact that I have to cook it )

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
here is the funniest part with vegans who love a tofu turkey:

they dont want to eat meat (fair enuff) so they go out and get some veg/beans/whatever and then shape it like an animal (turkey)

if your against killing + eating animals, why make your non meat products look like a meaty animal?

so you can have the symbolism of carving up a turkey??

isnt that like expecting to have your cake and eat it too?

what the??

[edit on 22/11/07 by Obliv_au]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join