It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass civil disobedience? CT gun owners refuse to register their firearms.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.outdoorlife.com... one last link

Last March, the PoliceOne.com conducted a survey of 15,000 current, former or retired law enforcement officers from across the U.S. regarding gun control policies and the root causes of, and potential solutions to, gun crime in the U.S. The website is dedicated to covering law enforcement-related issues for 400,000 registered members who are all individually-verified federal, state or local law enforcement professionals. Although some preliminary results were leaked during last April's debate on the first gun control package proposed in the U.S. Senate since 1994 -- all seven proposed bills were ultimately rejected -- PoliceOne.com formally released the survey's final results on Feb. 10. The survey results confirm a complete and utter disconnect between gun control zealots and reality with 86 percent -- nearly 13,000 of 15,000 respondents -- stating that gun control laws "would have no effect or a negative effect on improving officer safety."
so this is a small sample of what the article says but its seeming to correlate increased gun control with higher risk to officers and increses crime take it for what you will ATS
edit on 15-2-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

ok lied one more link
www.cga.ct.gov... this puts the total of police officers in the state of CT at roughly 6600 police officers state wide operating out of 94 stations
edit on 15-2-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Urantia1111
I'm a bit confused. Isn't Newtown in Connecticut? Didn't evil assault weapons kill a whole kindergarden class there no too long ago? Perhaps these gun owners missed it on the news. More likely the day that happened they probably took their guns out to the garage and cut them up for scrap so nothing left to register. I'm sure that's it. No way could it be that the tragedy just wasn't nearly tragic enough to convince people they'd be better off totally defenseless.

Kinda had me a little lost to. Since it was the birthplace of the latest round. Go figure CT. is blue as blue and Liberal but when it comes to guns? Oh hell no. Hope it catches and more states follow.

edit on 15-2-2014 by zsu2357 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

EyesOpenMouthShut
And so it begins..

And so what begins? Some type of full scale revolution or something? Mass uprisings the size of which can be measured by non-fractional population percent numbers? A complete government overthrow by the proles? What?

While its great that people are disregarding the law, there isnt really that much risk associated with disregarding it. No one knows they have the guns, right? So as long as they dont attract attention to themselves and/or guns, they are safe.

Its mild, low risk passive resistance at best, and just laziness at worst.

No real personal conveniences lost, no real lifestyle changes, no real threat to ones safety, no real disruption whatsoever to everyday life for those who, rightfully IMO, said "stuff it".

But nothing has kicked off, and when push (which this isnt really even close to) comes to shove, the proles will buckle quickly when resisting would mean actual personal sacrifices of livelyhood, finances, ones life, or god forbid, personal modern conveniences.

Its good news to hear, but lets just keep it all in perspective. This is passive, negligible risk law flouting, NOT an active, high risk resistance movement, with members whove put it all on the line, that is directly confronting the gross assaults on liberty by an out of control rogue government regime.

Sorry for being a downer... but nothing has begun.

edit on 2/13/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

No nothing has happened and it would be good if it doesn't but the [fact] is at some point someone will get over zealous and boot a door maybe shoot someone LEO or firearm owner and that has potential to snowball out of control. Already talk of 3%ers but either way it wouldn't be limited to CT. Not trying to be doom and gloom but it's a potential powder keg. Lets hope not but also be ready for the worst. Easy to say since I'm in OR. but....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com... posted it earlier in the wall of text but on the topic of tipping points in ct.....well this guy wrote what amounts to a small to medium level essay basiclly asking the cops where they stand with the people or against them and for lack of a better term explaining how he views the rules of engagement.....even on ats i have never seen something worded with so many veiled threats but with out apparently crossing any legal lines....as it was sent today i would assume we will hear about it eventually what ever happens to this individual but if its as he claims and he emailed this to over 1100 police officers in the state of ct this could poke the hornets nest so to speak.

personally i feel we will be hearing about this man either getting arrested soon or something of that kind happening to him but i guess we will have to wait and see what happens.but it seems he wants to be a martyr

<< 1  2   >>

join