It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass civil disobedience? CT gun owners refuse to register their firearms.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Dan Haar: Untold Thousands Flout Gun Registration Law.

Everyone knew there would be some gun owners flouting the law that legislators hurriedly passed last April, requiring residents to register all military-style rifles with state police by Dec. 31. But few thought the figures would be this bad.

No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000.

And that means as of Jan. 1, Connecticut has very likely created tens of thousands of newly minted criminals — perhaps 100,000 people, almost certainly at least 20,000 — who have broken no other laws. By owning unregistered guns defined as assault weapons, all of them are committing Class D felonies.

Well, its about g-damn time. See, a "revolution" doesnt have to involve any craziness. People (en masse) simply need to stop cooperating/complying with TPTB.

Looks like CT has 100,000+ new "felons". Thats soooo scary.

"A lot of it is just a question to ask, and I think the firearms unit would be looking at it," said Mike Lawlor, the state's top official in criminal justice. "They could send them a letter."

An aggressive hunt isn't going to happen, Lawlor said,...

Yah, send em a letter. People would appreciate a free target!

It could be a tough sell. On Thursday night, Guglielmo heard from a constituent at a meeting in Ashford, who said most of his friends with military-style rifles such as AR-15s had not come forward.

"He made the analogy to prohibition," Guglielmo said. "I said, 'You're talking about civil disobedience, and he said 'Yes.' "

edit on 13-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Glad I live in a Free State, but I will enjoy the show.

About time people stood up and said enough to this unconstitutional crap being forced down their throats.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And so it begins.. I'm proud of the people of Connecticut and i hope more people in more states follow this example

EDIT: Matter of fact, im going to the store to pick up a celebratory beer in honor
of the gun owners in CT
edit on 2/13/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sheep just turned into wolves. Good job guys and gals!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Follow Colorado's lead and recall the people that installed the law as long as you have this momentum .

We still have this right so use it. what a wondrous thing it would be to see another state recall gun grabbing Politian's, just think if it caught on and every state started recalling politicians that say one thing and do another.

This is overwhelming power that these clown's think there constituents won't use and so far they have been right.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

From Surce:

"I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register," said Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature's public safety committee. "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."

That People have no respect for..?!

How about the goddamn President..? He doesn't respect the Law, so why should we..?

Lead by Example, or get the Hell out of the way.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

facelift

That People have no respect for..?!

How about the goddamn President..? He doesn't respect the Law, so why should we..?

Lead by Example, or get the Hell out of the way.

We should all know by now the rules are only for the Serfs.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Revolting is addicting too...if they win standing up to this they may just keep going.....tear down the wall baby!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Tear it all down, Bring all the deployed troops home, Tell China to sit the # down and shut the # up till we get this fixed, then rebuild

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused. Isn't Newtown in Connecticut? Didn't evil assault weapons kill a whole kindergarden class there no too long ago? Perhaps these gun owners missed it on the news. More likely the day that happened they probably took their guns out to the garage and cut them up for scrap so nothing left to register. I'm sure that's it. No way could it be that the tragedy just wasn't nearly tragic enough to convince people they'd be better off totally defenseless.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To me, to put yourself on this list would only open yourself up to tptb. Everytime someone is shot by a military-style weapon they will pull a name out of a hat and come knocking on your door.

I'm my experience, it is best to keep yourself off as many lists as you can. That's why I buy my guns from gang members

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
And so it begins..

And so what begins? Some type of full scale revolution or something? Mass uprisings the size of which can be measured by non-fractional population percent numbers? A complete government overthrow by the proles? What?

While its great that people are disregarding the law, there isnt really that much risk associated with disregarding it. No one knows they have the guns, right? So as long as they dont attract attention to themselves and/or guns, they are safe.

Its mild, low risk passive resistance at best, and just laziness at worst.

No real personal conveniences lost, no real lifestyle changes, no real threat to ones safety, no real disruption whatsoever to everyday life for those who, rightfully IMO, said "stuff it".

But nothing has kicked off, and when push (which this isnt really even close to) comes to shove, the proles will buckle quickly when resisting would mean actual personal sacrifices of livelyhood, finances, ones life, or god forbid, personal modern conveniences.

Its good news to hear, but lets just keep it all in perspective. This is passive, negligible risk law flouting, NOT an active, high risk resistance movement, with members whove put it all on the line, that is directly confronting the gross assaults on liberty by an out of control rogue government regime.

Sorry for being a downer... but nothing has begun.

edit on 2/13/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Ya I think we need the fall to rebuild...and I hope it happens in my time here...Id like to see us all get together and work hard to rebuild...I want to live in interesting times

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
50,000? 100,000? Maybe even more??? GOOD!

Now..be good state troopers up there and be sure and arrest every last one of them. Then prosecute every last one of them ..and no deals now..after all, even the President and Vice President themselves went out supporting CT's efforts. It's a serious crime! Right?

100,000 felons needing incarceration and all the care that comes with should break the whole state budget, not to mention their court and corrections system inside a year!

Way to go CT! Make new laws to order people to do things they won't do...then call them felony offenders for not following the pipe dream law of idiot legislators. The American Dream..21st Century style.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

EyesOpenMouthShut
And so it begins..

And so what begins? Some type of full scale revolution or something? Mass uprisings the size of which can be measured by non-fractional population percent numbers? A complete government overthrow by the proles? What?
Firstly, take a second to think about what you're saying before you go off on an emotionally induced rant. What begins? The People finally deciding to disobey a Bravo Sierra law.

While its great that people are disregarding the law, there isnt really that much risk associated with disregarding it. No one knows they have the guns, right? So as long as they dont attract attention to themselves and/or guns, they are safe.
High or low risk isn't relevant. it's the principle

Its mild, low risk passive resistance at best, and just laziness at worst.
Thats your opinion and you're entitled to have one.

No real personal conveniences lost, no real lifestyle changes, no real threat to ones safety, no real disruption whatsoever to everyday life for those who, rightfully IMO, said "stuff it".
Again, It's about standing up to a Bravo Sierra law

But nothing has kicked off, and when push (which this isnt really even close to) comes to shove, the proles will buckle quickly when resisting would mean actual personal sacrifices of livelyhood, finances, ones life, or god forbid, personal modern conveniences.
Some may buckle but some will take the fight home. I think you underestimate the people.

Its good news to hear, but lets just keep it all in perspective. This is passive, negligible risk law flouting, NOT an active, high risk resistance movement, with members whove put it all on the line, that is directly confronting the gross assaults on liberty by an out of control rogue government regime.
Passive resistance is still resistance and far better if it gets the point across without it escalating further

edit on 2/13/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

FTW!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They can't prosecute all their legal gun owners who just decided not to comply. If they did, they'd be gutting their own tax base.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This makes me proud to be a Connecticut native, there's a reason why they call us the Constitution State.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Push the sheep.
Push the sheep.
Push the sh-. . . . oh dang! It's a wolf!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

ketsuko
They can't prosecute all their legal gun owners who just decided not to comply. If they did, they'd be gutting their own tax base.

Be like a fart in a closed elevator...

Good for CT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join