It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Reporters are Stupid !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We in the UK are currently being submerged in biblical amounts of water , all the advice says stay away from swollen rivers and keep away from the flood waters because you're risking your own life and that of the emergency services....yet TV news feels the need to send their anchors out to flooded areas where they go and stand out in the flood water.....WHY ?

Are we considered so stupid that we don't know what flood water looks like and we need to see a reporter stood in it to fully appreciate the scale of what's going on , are they somehow not at risk because they're on the telly , it drives me nuts.

Just report on it and show us the pictures , you don't need to go out wading in it ...We get it , most of us have seen it first hand we don't need to see you standing in it

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's worse when is exaggerated

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here in the US, our news outlets love to send their reporters out in the field to report on hurricane conditions live and on the air.

That clip was from a comedy program but, its not far from the truth.

Remember the old media saying: "If it bleeds, it leads" and there's no better headline than one of their own reporters bleeding live, on the air.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

So true lol! I am surprised there isn't a bunch of real videos of that happening

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Went to Google to check out the validity of your rant.

Apparently you are correct.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some of my favorits, they will never learn

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah, here in the North Eastern US we're in the middle of "snowpocalypse" and many states (including mine) have declared a State of Emergency. This means stay off the roads, stay indoors and don't be stupid! Yet our local news anchors have been driven on the roads to various locations where conditions are the worst!?! They must be safe due to the fact they're reporting the news lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hahahaha totally agree, why do I need to see someone getting soacked whilst telling me its wet out there. I have a window and the reason I am indoors is because it is cold and wet out there. Hold on theres the BBC tv license enforcer at my door poor sod did the weather girl not tell him its too wet out there today.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

News Reporters are Stupid !!!

Quite the blanket statement there!

As a producer/reporter for my local Cable access TV station; am I stupid for covering T party meetings, forest fires and floods,
Plane crashes, the Mayors state of the city meeting, Gov. Martinez press conferences, ladies topless volleyball tournaments and interviewing
Renee Zellweger?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I stand by my statement

forest fires and floods,

Do you stand in the fire areas or floods ? , if not it doesn't apply to you.

edit on 13-2-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by olaru12

I stand by my statement

forest fires and floods,

Do you stand in the fire areas or floods ? , if not it doesn't apply to you.

edit on 13-2-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

No I don't stand in the fires and floods but I do mingle with the lady topless vollyball contestants.
edit on 13-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No I don't stand in the fires and floods but I do mingle with the lady topless vollyball contestants.

That is most definitely not stupid

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if anything in the job description for some "journalists" requires them to possess any ability beyond merely looking good in front of a camera.

I once watched a press briefing by the Canadian military where an officer was talking about the deployment of Canadian frigates to the Persian Gulf. He referred to the frigates as both ships and vessels during his brief. At the end, when he took questions from the press, one journalist actually asked him to explain the difference between ships and vessels. He stood there for a moment or two, seemingly dumbfounded by the stupidity of the question, and then told her they were one and the same.

Some are very bright and not prone to doing stupid things, but they often seem to be the ones who got into journalism after having spent time in other fields and/or got degrees or training in something other than journalism.

There is a guy on the CTV station out of Vancouver BC named Mike McCardell. He does "uplifting" stories at the end of the newscast. I often think that the only reason he is still on the air is that he must know where all the skeletons are hidden.
edit on 13/2/14 by erwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The smart journalists report from the middle of a war zone. The stupid ones report from the middle of a storm. Gotta earn your stripes ya know.
edit on 14-2-2014 by lordtez because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Did you say "ladies topless volleyball"?

Just for research, what channel are you on?

new topics

top topics

join