It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Don't Want a Party Because No One Will Come" Boy's Birthday Surprise Gets Worldwide Response.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

NickDC202
reply to post by jude11

I absolutely love that the mother did that for her son and the outpouring of love that responded was so large.

However, I wish the media didn't choose to exploit this and instead just allowed it to happen without putting the kid's photo and story out there to the masses because for the child it is a double edge sword: the immediate benefits are great but kids can be cruel and this will be ammunition for those who like to pick on others or in disagreements with friends.

It would have been much more beneficial if the news media used better judgement and allowed this wonderful mother's fabulous act of love and the incredibly positive response by those who came across it to remain what it was and not exploit it.

I'm torn.

I agree because I abhor the MSM.

An yet...

I Disagree because this little guy will get a Bazillion B-Day wishes.

Either way...It's all about the little guy.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

jude11

NickDC202
reply to post by jude11

I absolutely love that the mother did that for her son and the outpouring of love that responded was so large.

However, I wish the media didn't choose to exploit this and instead just allowed it to happen without putting the kid's photo and story out there to the masses because for the child it is a double edge sword: the immediate benefits are great but kids can be cruel and this will be ammunition for those who like to pick on others or in disagreements with friends.

It would have been much more beneficial if the news media used better judgement and allowed this wonderful mother's fabulous act of love and the incredibly positive response by those who came across it to remain what it was and not exploit it.

I'm torn.

I agree because I abhor the MSM.

An yet...

I Disagree because this little guy will get a Bazillion B-Day wishes.

Either way...It's all about the little guy.

Peace

Look how overwhelmingly great in both numbers and sentiment the outpouring was naturally occurring before the news media decided to exploit it; it was amazing and it was real. The earlier reports noted the huge initial response and it was very impressive; leave it at that, no need for the media to exploit that the child had no friends complete with his real name and photo...It will be connected to him forever.

Again, I applaud the mother big time but the media needs to stop carelessly exploiting people like this.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i just hope no kids at his school learn of this or he will have serious problems being teased about it. i remember being like him, socially lost, having no friends, behavior issues, etc and i still have similar issues just not quite as bad as in the past when i was a kid but i can say this. at first such surprises make you feel nice but afterwards you start doubting your happiness and feeling pathetic about yourself that someone had to resort to asking for sympathy for your sake, i can tell you that trying too hard in your attempts of kindness will embarrass and hurt people like that, make them feel like less than others, as if not a person and more like a dog or something below them that begs for attention without shame.

it makes you think friends are even further away than ever, that they could care less about you and are only being nice because they feel bad about you or are told to be nice, it destroys your self-confidence and all you can do is pretend to be happy and give a fake smile and thank them because you fear no one really understands and will hate you and scold you for not feeling what they expect you to. things like this make you feel pressured and cornered.

being nice doesn't do anything for kids like this, sometimes you gotta yell at them and make them feel regret for not trying and force them to do stuff to make friends and interact. people who are pushy and mean have the best influence on kids like that, shoot i still remember every person like that but none of the kind ones left any impact on me, some of my few only friends were people i got beaten up by or scolded by or who treated me how i deserved instead of pitying me, hell, even with the mean uncompromising teachers classes i got the best grades and worked the hardest.

this kid isn't trying on purpose and is running away because of fear, his "consideration" for others in eating alone and not bothering anyone isn't thoughtfulness but a selfish act that lets him keep hiding, running and making excuses for his problems at interacting.

i don't feel sympathy for him because i know his problem is in his head and is likely his own doing, by his own inaction and a punch in the face is a better solution to his problem than sympathy. people are too soft and nice(females mostly) when you have a disability and forget you're a normal person so it's up to you, not them to find friends if you want them.

in fact i remember hitting and insulting other disabled kids for that attitude of "i can act out because everyone is supposed to be nice to me" and "no one likes me, i'm so pitiful, feel bad for me". not even i went quite so far in my behavior and it angered me when i saw it, it still does in fact.

if a disabled person is given excuses they will take advantage of it and make you feel bad for them so they can get something from you, don't fall for it so easily just because you feel bad for their plight. this probably is all contrary to what i was saying earlier but trust me, it's how it is for socially inept disabled kids and it shows how confused we are, why we're so awkward, because we don't know what we want or what we feel yet or what to do about it.

just putting in my 2 cents from my own past experiences is all.

<< 1   >>

join