It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unresolved Secrets of the Pyramids VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Early on, the vid states that "...There are over 2 million stone blocks in the pyramid." Resulting in a claim for one block every 2 and a half minutes, which is a claim that has been shown to be false here at ATS many times in the past by myself and many other posters. IOW, this is stating complete speculation as if it were a fact.

No one knows how many stones are in the GP. The fact is, once you get in past the stones we see on the exterior, the core is made of God knows how many stones, mostly simply mortared together in a pile - and barely any that are visible have been shaped in any meaningful way. They also vary greatly in size - from huge down to football-sized.

The estimation (from the 18th Century, BTW) of 2.5 million blocks is based on a solid pyramid constructed entirely of same-shaped rectangular blocks using the "average" size of 2.5 tons each. The GP is not solid, it contains large void spaces filled with rubble and apparently waste mortar, as well as (obviously) chambers and halls. It was also constructed around a small hill and nobody knows the true extent of that hill on the interior, it being covered with the previously mentioned hodgepodge of mortared together stones of various sizes except in a few visible spots.

It should be noted that well over half the volume of any pyramid is found in the bottom one-third of the structure. Even if we pretend the entire thing is made of rectangular blocks, the idea that Egyptians placed a single block at a time - which is what the "one block every 1.5 minutes" implies (or, at least, that's the mental image it evokes,) is ridiculous. During early stages of the construction, stones could easily have been placed coming from all four sides at once, with multiple stones going in from each individual side using simple ramps at very low slopes and as wide as each side of the structure - each ramp with tens of crews hauling in tens of stones simultaneously.

Sorry, but seeing this empty claim stated as fact is enough for me to opt out of watching this overly long video any further, as I believe I can anticipate the majority of other bogus claims concerning the GP that are likely to be found in it.

Harte

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is a very good documentary and worthwhile to watch until the end. It is not just about the great pyramid and it has an important message that the ancients want us to know.

ignorance is strength.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sucks not available in the UK...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Another good one for sure Slayer.
What I would like to see addressed in all of this, is the obvious
disproportionate amount of mistakes/throw aways that have been found
in regards to all the perfectly, symmetrical pharaonic statues and buildings in totality.

There are seemingly no mistakes to be found. How is there seemingly no
places of practice? What some will point to and say," See there were some
mistakes", I feel just aren't comparable to the scale of what was done in summation.
Where are the mistakes? Comparatively there are none!

It's as if no task was to great and it must have even been easy for those who
even first endeavored to conceive such a notion.

Mind boggling.
edit on 16-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you're in the UK you can watch it at this link:

vimeo.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
watched it this morning. Fantastic doco. Thanks for sharing Slayer

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

SLAYER69
I guess I'll need to apologize.

Apparently the YouTube Up-loader or YouTube I'm not sure which, has set availability restricted for certain countries.

I was unaware of that nor do I know which countries or regions are restricted.

Sorry

edit on 13-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Now I'm not gonna advocate piracy here but you know there will be a torrent out there somewhere... in a BAY that is most likely populated by PIRATES.... I guess you would call that a 'Pirate Bay', hmm yes, i think that's a good name.
You would have to VUZE (oops, silly me made a typo) another program to work with a torrent file.

I like to speculate about hypotheticals

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join