It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the Crusades -Christians Lost.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71 side note- AS far as Catholic light, I have used that for years. These are the peoplethat go to mass when the grandparents are in town or go to Midnight mass on Christmas...

Funny but that is not what I meant. Lutherans are as fundamental Christian as you can get, but do not believe that Mary was in any way divine, no purgatory, salvation is through faith alone....

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Gotcha, I see. Catholics have been accused of worshiping Mary, etc, .

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Gotcha, I see. Catholics have been accused of worshiping Mary, etc, .

Yeah we call it the Mary thing! But they are still my Christian brothers and I never deny that.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Let's not forget the story of the kingdoms of Castile and Aragon! They existed on the Iberian Penninsula, and spent centuries fighting off the Muslims that would periodically attempt an invasion. Well, in 1492, the King of Castile and the Queen of Aragon (or was it the other way around?) married to unite their seperate kingdoms into a single, new kingdom -- Spain.

What did the Royal Family of the newly formed kingdom do? Now that they were united, the first priority of Spain was to drive the Muslim invaders off the Iberian Penninsula once and for all. And to do that, they needed money. So, that same year, they hired a third party mercenary (an intelligent, if dubious Italian who showed no loyalty that leaned towards either Castile or Aragon) to go out and find a source of funds so that Spain could wage the war... Good ol' Christopher Columbus! (I love how history goes in circles like that.
)

You know, reading about aspects of human history on Earth such as the never-ending conflicts between Christians, Jews, and Muslims (never mind the religions on the other side of the world, or different political philosophies!) makes me wonder -- how would a true outside observer to it all (such as an alien from another planet in another solar system) view human history on Earth? We're all inside the box, after all, and it would be truly facinating to get a perspective outside the box for once...
(I know, wishful thinking, LOL)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloudWe're all inside the box, after all, and it would be truly facinating to get a perspective outside the box for once...
(I know, wishful thinking, LOL)

Interesting, Ol Chris huh?

That is wishful thinking and you bet we are inside the box. I wonder if we could 'guess' at what they would think?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
That is wishful thinking and you bet we are inside the box. I wonder if we could 'guess' at what they would think?

They've probably deemed us a danger to ourselves and others in the Galaxy, and have quarantined us to prevent Earth from obtaining space-faring technology, thus keeping us stranded here in our own solar system for the time being. (Of course, they're also worried that we'll figure out this technology ourselves eventually, so they're keeping a close eye on us!)

On the other hand, any advanced space-faring civilization species would surely have their own checkered past as well back on their home planet... So maybe they're looking inside our box from a window within their own box as well...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
On the other hand, any advanced space-faring civilization species would surely have their own checkered past as well back on their home planet... So maybe they're looking inside our box from a window within their own box as well...

Could be but I do not think the identity in which we seek for them is correct, I think they have been here from the start.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join