It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They May Take Our Pound But They Will Never Take Our Irn Bru

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Its A 'YES' From Me

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's a yes for me also, a decision based purely on David Camerons desperate attempts for us to stay together.

We all know the arrogance of the English and if they knew we would crumble then they would say good luck on the vote Scotland! (Suckers!!!)
But DC is sweating over this.

Be nice to get the truth and also a debate on the matter un biased.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

I have no idea what an Irn Bru is but.... Is the title a reference from BraveHeart????

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
independance all the way, time we had a taste of freedom instead of just being known for Mel Gibson shouting it.... fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

irn bru is a drink.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Actually it's our pound we just lent it to you and as you want to take your ball and play elsewhere we'll have it back and you can have the Euro

I'd rather you stayed but if you vote to go then so be it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a lot of us will come over and ask to become citizens. or at least asylum. it's crap here.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I love the way the scots are behaving like a spoiled brats. Thinking they can go it alone and making a point of not being part of the united kingdom to everyone and everything. scotland = hate for the English makes me lol.

Plus all the nonsense about the pound and sterling which will they use as their own currency.

Am seeing wiki links on threads "wiki sterling currency" and who has the right to say its theirs not you're s all very sad indeed.

UNITED the KINGDOM.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I spent 6 years living in Scotland and most of the folk I know don't want independence and want to remain part of the UK. I personally wish we could have the same referendum in England if we want to stay part of the UK. We don't even have our own parliament in England. The Palace of Westminster is a UK parliament building not an English parliament and yet Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own parliaments. What annoys me is Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish MP's can vote on English Matters and yet English MPs cannot vote of any matters pertaining to Scotland, Wales or NI.

We do not have a very democratic system is the UK an example I will give is, there was a cancer drug available on the NHS. All MP's in Parliament voted that it could no longer be supplied on the NHS. However as soon as the Scottish, Welsh and NI MPs returned to their own parliaments, they voted again to keep this drug. How is that fair?

Another example all MP's voted that patients have to pay for their prescriptions and yet when they returned to their own parliaments, they voted again and only English Citizens in the UK have to pay for their prescriptions, how is this fair?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Yes it is, and irn bru is a soft drink made in Scotland which is the "national" drink (in Scotland) after whiskey of course.
Or sometimes with whiskey for some people.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

Come back to Scotland we are good to our people, no more Tories in Scotland

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We all know the arrogance of the English

And now we all know the arrogance of the Scot's.

If you want to vote yes then its your right to, if you want to be independent then honestly good luck to you. You will find that the UK as a whole are more interested in the backlash that it will cause both sides if it does happen. I just want to know what currency you guys will be using and how you will deal with starting your independence with a default against Scotland

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

it seems to make you quite angry... but you're wrong, the pound is as much yours as it is ours and since currency is made up of just pieces of paper the name of the currency in this case is arbitrary... and I actually have nothing against the English, I wish you all the best and hope that you escape the tories and the house of lords also, this is just our way of doing it... and the united kingdom came about when King James the 7th of Scotland became also King James the 2nd of England through succession... the marriage of the crowns and we are keeping the queen as head of state unfortunately, so we'll still be the united kingdom.... its Britain we are leaving and since Britain is a member of the E.U. with us as part of what the current definition of Britain is (land size and member amount wise) then we could just as easily say New Britain would have to reapply to the E.U. also but we wouldn't say that because it's ridiculous and the E.U. will have us both... as its growing not shrinking and now even includes Romania... yet people think they'll refuse Scotland and I always find it funny people using the europe wont accept you argument when the Tories are planning a referendum next year with the hopes of Britain leaving the E.U. ....

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

you're arguing the case for independance mate... showing that the English government is that bad that they want everyone to pay for prescription charges and to withhold certain cancer medications.... This is without mentioning the welfare and service cuts and the coming privatisation of the NHS... and the wars and .... you get the idea. I agree with you, the system is not democratic or fair, that's why the Scots want out... The English need to find a way of doing the same, a soft revolution, a changing of the guard at least...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Independence for Scotland is nothing but Alex Salmond's desire to be on the world stage, sorry Alex no world leader will be interested in the opinions of a degenerate gambler

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Elijah23

you're arguing the case for independance mate... showing that the English government is that bad that they want everyone to pay for prescription charges and to withhold certain cancer medications.... This is without mentioning the welfare and service cuts and the coming privatisation of the NHS... and the wars and .... you get the idea. I agree with you, the system is not democratic or fair, that's why the Scots want out... The English need to find a way of doing the same, a soft revolution, a changing of the guard at least...

We don't have an English Parliament in England, we have a British Parliament, look it up. I personally believe that we are either four separate countries and each have our own Parliaments, or we are all part of the UK and we have just one British Parliament.

EDIT - It was Scottish, Welsh and NI MPs that voted against for prescription charges and this is documented, and yet when they went back to their own parliaments they voted the other way. Nothing to do with the English, its to do with how undemocratic the system is and the fault is with all MPs including your Scottish MPs.

edit on 13.2.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Irn Bru's good stuff, cured a few rough Sunday mornings with a 2l bottle of that by the side of the bed

The thing is if Scotland does want independence then it should be all or nothing, not some half arsed settlement, and who going to want to shout "freedooooooommmmmmm (excluding the pound)" when us English pop up for a visit?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Elijah23
reply to post by coolcatt

it seems to make you quite angry... but you're wrong, the pound is as much yours as it is ours and since currency is made up of just pieces of paper the name of the currency in this case is arbitrary... and I actually have nothing against the English, I wish you all the best and hope that you escape the tories and the house of lords also, this is just our way of doing it... and the united kingdom came about when King James the 7th of Scotland became also King James the 2nd of England through succession... the marriage of the crowns and we are keeping the queen as head of state unfortunately, so we'll still be the united kingdom.... its Britain we are leaving and since Britain is a member of the E.U. with us as part of what the current definition of Britain is (land size and member amount wise) then we could just as easily say New Britain would have to reapply to the E.U. also but we wouldn't say that because it's ridiculous and the E.U. will have us both... as its growing not shrinking and now even includes Romania... yet people think they'll refuse Scotland and I always find it funny people using the europe wont accept you argument when the Tories are planning a referendum next year with the hopes of Britain leaving the E.U. ....

Takes a lot to get me angry, this as i said makes me LOL.
I sat here this morning watching Nicola sturgeon TRYING to make a case on Scotland independence and failed because she and the rest of them don't really know what they are getting into simple. And when she was asked about IF it does happen English students if they choose to go to scotland for a education will have to fund the finance themselves BUT all the rest of the E.U students get it for free. She couldn't say nothing, and then about the currency and again as they do didn't answer the question 5 times she was asked and never did. I mean com on its a joke when you really look at it. Am not a hater of Scotland love the place best place in the world for pike fishing which I love
. But when you hear the case for independence from MP's etc it just doesn't fly with me.
All the best tho

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The amount of smearing and propaganda on both sides of the debate is ridiculous. We will never know how it will effect us until we do get the yes vote. Coming from the West side of Scotland and from an Irish background, I would definently welcome it. My family were chased from their homes in Ireland and were told they have 2 hours to collect their belongings, their property now belongs to the crown. I have a bitter feeling towards the UK for this. I want to be part of a peaceful country, free of greed and corruption.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by burns1805

Its the smearing that gets me and the BBC does my head in.
Westminster are fear mongering and its plain to see... if your eyes are open.
edit on 13-2-2014 by michael1888 because: added a pause for effect

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join