It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Running Ads Criticizing Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

If you want to fix the broken car, get rid of health insurance.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The larger point is the fact that even Pelosi is now turning on the law, as well as distancing herself from Obama. she was one of the top cheerleaders. For her to switch gears speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Flatfish

The larger point is the fact that even Pelosi is now turning on the law, as well as distancing herself from Obama. she was one of the top cheerleaders. For her to switch gears speaks volumes.

Its just politics to appease those displeased within their party. Heck every Republican candidate during the GOP debates separated themselves from Bush.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You guys don't get it with the 'polished turd' references and pictures of destroyed, unfixable cars. That's not a true representation of what we have.

The fact is that Obama got elected in part on health care reform. An overwhelming majority of Americans hate our health care system. We hired the man to fix it. (simplified, I know but follow a long please). He did what he said he would do and what we hired him to do. The problem is congress screwed it up. It's not what anyone really wanted. However, I still KNOW that it could be fixed- and edited to add...it is replaceable basically. The next administration or the current congress could really do something about it but no...they would rather play games and it shows in this thread and others, that they've really brainwashed us with all the propaganda. you've been fooled and you don't like it. It would only take a few laws passed, a few amendments and a few tweaks. It's really fixable, it's replaceable, we can keep reforming healthcare until we get it right. Lets list the parts we don't like and reform it. Easy.

The next problem is that ALL conservatives and republicans say.. repeal it. They never say let's fix it. Why is that? Why is it all or nothing in American any more? Again if this was a bad policy in my job or my business, we would replace it or fix it or whatever but we would never say ...get rid of it. Don't you guys get it?
edit on 13-2-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

amazing
You guys don't get it with the 'polished turd' references and pictures of destroyed, unfixable cars. That's not a true representation of what we have.

The fact is that Obama got elected in part on health care reform. An overwhelming majority of Americans hate our health care system. We hired the man to fix it. (simplified, I know but follow a long please). He did what he said he would do and what we hired him to do. The problem is congress screwed it up. It's not what anyone really wanted. However, I still KNOW that it could be fixed. It would only take a few laws passed, a few amendments and a few tweaks. It's really fixable.

The next problem is that ALL conservatives and republicans say.. repeal it. They never say let's fix it. Why is that? Why is it all or nothing in American any more? Again if this was a bad policy in my job or my business, we would replace it or fix it or whatever but we would never say ...get rid of it. Don't you guys get it?

You say congress screwed it up but than you want them to fix it by re regulating their regulations?

Who is the health care system broken for?
Who would have to create regulations to fix it?
Who gets bombarded with hundreds of millions dollars by special interest groups?
Who typically benefits from existing regulations and helps influence those regulations?
edit on 00228America/ChicagoFri, 14 Feb 2014 00:00:24 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

So you're saying that the healthcare system was fine before Obama was elected? It's okay to ruin lives with outlandish medical bills and to have millions of Americans uninsured because they can't afford insurance or can't get any medical treatment because they have pre existing conditions and on and on and on.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

amazing

So you're saying that the healthcare system was fine before Obama was elected? It's okay to ruin lives with outlandish medical bills and to have millions of Americans uninsured because they can't afford insurance or can't get any medical treatment because they have pre existing conditions and on and on and on.

Not even close to what I'm saying. Truthfully answer the questions I posted and you will see why its broke and will not be fixed regardless of republicans or democrats in charge.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Sure

You say congress screwed it up but than you want them to fix it by re regulating their regulations? I don't really understand that question. Congress and the pres messed it up. They can fix it. Simple. You break something or if you fix something wrong, then you keep fixing it until it's right.
Who is the health care system broken for? Us. People. Patients. It's broken for me, my family, my friends and the millions of people that deserve better.
Who would have to create regulations to fix it? Congress and the president should fix it. Easy?
Who gets bombarded with hundreds of millions dollars by special interest groups? Bombarded? Congress of course.
Who will benefit from the existing regulations and helped influence those regulations? What does that really matter. It needs to be fixed.

So the only person that actually tried to fix it gets lambasted. Where's the sense in that?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
We need to be careful with this.

It could be just political posturing for the Nov elections.

Don't be surprised if some of these Democrats who get elected turn around and bite.

It's a psy-ops.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

amazing

Sure

You say congress screwed it up but than you want them to fix it by re regulating their regulations? I don't really understand that question. Congress and the pres messed it up. They can fix it. Simple. You break something or if you fix something wrong, then you keep fixing it until it's right.

This has been an issue for numerous decades if not centuries and neither party controlled congress has been able to fix it. So is it because they are totally incompetent or is it because they really have no intention of fixing it (See 1,3, and 4 below on why they wouldn't want to fix it)

1. Who is the health care system broken for? Us. People. Patients. It's broken for me, my family, my friends and the millions of people that deserve better.

Agreed , its broken for us the people.

2. Who would have to create regulations to fix it? Congress and the president should fix it. Easy?

Agreed.

3. Who gets bombarded with hundreds of millions dollars by special interest groups? Bombarded? Congress of course.

You forgot the president gets influenced as well. Obama raked in nearly half a Billion dollars on the books that we know off.

4. Who will benefit from the existing regulations and helped influence those regulations? What does that really matter. It needs to be fixed.

From your hesitation on the question, I think your self conscious slightly picked up why it doesn't need to be fixed and hasn't been fixed and likely won't be fixed.

1. Its not broken for the Lobbyist
2. Congress gets influenced with Millions by the lobbyist to create the laws.
3. Nothing will get fixed for the consumer as long as lobbyist are dictating the laws and regulations regardless of which party is in control

Like I said before you are trying to fix the wrong thing. Before you fix healthcare or any consumer issue you need to remove the lobbying influence in congress. What ever changes congress and lobbyist make will not benefit you in the long run. History has proven this, its not like this is a new issue.

edit on 49228America/ChicagoFri, 14 Feb 2014 14:49:09 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join