It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Running Ads Criticizing Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Democrats Running Ads Criticizing Obamacare

In Florida’s 26th district, Democrats are running away from the president completely, and Obamacare in part:

Click link for youtube video for this article

Now, it is true that Garcia doesn’t call for repeal. Indeed, the ad boasts that the candidate is “working to fix” the law, and it praises him both for holding “insurance companies accountable” and for defending the provision that prevents insurance companies from denying coverage to those with pre-existing conditions.

Here comes Karma...

But it is fascinating to watch a Political Action Committee associated with Nancy “we’re going to run on Obamacare” Pelosi slamming the White House for “the disastrous healthcare website” and boasting — without any time qualification, it should be said — that its man “voted to let you keep your existing health plan.”

Click link for remainder of article...

Madam Pelosi,

May I suggest you take your criticism of Obamacare and kindly shove it where the sun does not shine. Your level of rectal-cranial inversion is just insane.

some advice for you and the others who apparently are living in a scary version of Alice in Wonderland...

Read the bills before passing them...
Read the bill before speaking on the topic...

While I have no issues with trying to fix healthcare, the manner in which this abomination called Obamacare came about is nothing but criminal.

While you and the others who defended this mess are setting the table for the March Hare and the Mad Hatter, maybe your constituents who got screwed over will find someone else to send to Congress.

Her mentality just irks me to no end.. They went kicking and screaming for this bill, and when it blows up in their face, they run from it. I think we will see a return of the Obama Administration blaming the insurance companies..... again.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"I told you so" never tasted so bitter sweet.

Nothing like politicians trying to distance themselves from their leader, in a fake attempt to seem middle of the road.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What puts me in WOW mode is that we elected these people to office, Obama twice, we have the ability to remove them and don't.

When you see Pelosi speak and know she was once speaker of the House, that should shock anyone that is able to think and reason to there core.

The ACA is not about healthcare, by now that at least should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

macman

"I told you so" never tasted so bitter sweet.

It's fun and all but in the end looking over from your stockade to grin and mutter "I told you so!" to the guy in the stockade next to you isnt really worth much.

We're still living under the law and the moron masses won't learn a thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No, But...

Each time these things happen they should be yet another wake up call to those masses,

Glass half full.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ideally. I think we're seeing a significant amount of that now with quite a few of the "anyone but Bush" drones being quite upset with Obama's actions after voting for him.

The numbers get diluted when you factor in how many will just switch their partisan alliance with the same state and how many will convince themselves that the next (R) or (D) will be better than the last (R) or (D) that disappointed them.

All the while completely missing the point that individual liberty shrinks election after election and state power grows election after election regardless who sits in the oval office.

People seem entirely happy to buy into lies and repeat the same mistakes over and over and over while convincing themselves things will be different this time.

If I'm wrong that's great but I wont quit the position because even if I'm wrong there is always the risk that things will drift right back to the way they've always been without some force constantly pushing in the other direction.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

There is nothing new about democrats criticizing the ACA. We have been doing that since before it was enacted, beginning with the day that it was announced that "single-payer" and/or "Medicare for all" representatives were being denied a seat at the negotiating table.

We have never been satisfied with everything in the current version of the ACA, but it does offer a lot of improvements over what we had prior to the act. What you will hear, is democrats/progressives offering up ideas on various ways of improving it.

What you're not seeing, is democrats advocating to get rid of it, much less repeatedly voting, (47 times to be exact) in a futile attempt to repeal it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Alas, the bittersweet statement.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

macman

Nothing like politicians trying to distance themselves from their leader, in a fake attempt to seem middle of the road.

Unfortunately, it works the majority of times and people do nothing about it.

Congress did it when they grilled the CEO that took millions in bonus using tax payers money in front of a live audience. End result nothing happened and the CEO laughed to the bank and congress successfully diverted attention from the fact that they dropped the ball in protecting the tax payers money and that they wrote the regulations to allow them to get away with it.

The GOP attacking Obamacare and then turn around and pick the one guy who implemented Romneycare to run against him.

The congressman trying to take the Water from the NSA facilities and or close them down all the while knowing they will not be able to do that or its a rather pointless action to take. Once again takes away attention from the congressman who passed laws that allowed the NSA to do what they have done.

As I have gotten older I have realized that the majority of people are not critical thinkers but rather followers and have more of an interest in sports ,facebook selfies, and untalented celebrity gossip.

Our priorities as a nation is what allows them to get away with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

SLAYER69

No, But...

Each time these things happen they should be yet another wake up call to those masses,

Glass half full.

Your glass is definitely half full, from what I have seen once a political cheerleaders picks a team they stick with them to the end and put all blame on the other side at all costs. When its their party that is in shambles then they use the "lesser evil" argument to justify it , despite both sides working for the same lobbyist .

The lesser evil argument is as effective as calling Comcast support and asking for a supervisor.All the while the existing tech simply transfer you to his coworker right next to him that has the exact same customer response sheet in front of him.

edit on 22228America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2014 10:22:22 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's an idea. Instead of railing against ObamaCare ....why don't we try fixing it? LOL Probably because that makes too much sense.

If I have a broken car...I don't go around telling everyone how horrible it is, I get it fixed.
If there is a problem at work, we don't walk around all day complaining about this problem and how so and so caused it...wait for it...this is groundbreaking...lol...we FIX it, we change it, bit by bit until it's not a problem any more.

So here's this novel Idea, we know that American Health Care system is horrible and is slanted to make insurance companies and big Pharma big money and to stick it to the little guys, us. So we tried to fix it, not that successfully, but it's a start. No everyone says to roll it back, why don't we keep tweaking it and fixing it until it's right. What is wrong with people?

If I buy a house and it needs repairs, I don't sell the house or just walk away from it, I fix it!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

amazing
Here's an idea. Instead of railing against ObamaCare ....why don't we try fixing it? LOL Probably because that makes too much sense.

If I have a broken car...I don't go around telling everyone how horrible it is, I get it fixed.

The problem is that you have a broken car but you are stranded in an deserted Island and are in need of a boat and not a working car.

You need to take that extra layer of waste (private insurance companies) out of the equation which is the core of Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Yet...

Here we are.

Openly discussing it. Right?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

interupt42

amazing

The problem is that you have a broken car but you are stranded in an deserted Island and are in need of a boat and not a working car.

You need to take that extra layer of waste (private insurance companies) out of the equation which is the core of Obamacare.

Still, easy to fix. If our leaders really wanted to fix ObamaCare and give Americans the Healthcare they want and deserve, they could. A couple of laws, a couple of amendments to the current laws, some tweaks here and there, even adding some new big key pieces or changing a couple of new ones. So easy to do. Instead, all we're left with is the left and right fighting each other over all or nothing. They say this is what we have, and the other side says, then we'd rather have nothing. If this was a business it would go under, if it was a family it would be divorce, if it was a war it would be catastrophic defeat.

If we/they were smart, we would just fix it and stop playing political games.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by interupt42

Yet...

Here we are.

Openly discussing it. Right?

Yes we are. I have hope but I also see the reality.

I like to discuss things here for entertainment purposes and more importantly to challenge my own thoughts against others point of view that differ.

I have friends that agree with my point of view which is of limited help in reinforcing my thoughts and seeking the truth , and others that would rather discuss sports or are very one sided and loyal to their political party and could never go against their party. After years of discussions with them I have realized that they would vote for Obama had he worn an 'R' instead of a 'D' in his shirt. Heck them supporting Romneycare over Obamacare kind of reinforces it for me and I don't see much of value in discussing it with them.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

OK where do we start?

And all Nancy dreams of is getting her speakership back. She'll do anything, say anything to make that happen. Just like she did to get obamacare passed.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The problem is that you are trying to fix the wrong thing .

Obamacare is not broken its working the way it was designed. Obamcare was not written by the people it was written by lobbyist who influenced our elected officials via a legal form of bribery.

Lawyers and politicians are not typically known for their ethical superiority , yet we overlook the fact that they are both intertwine together by hundreds of millions of dollars of temptations. Then we wonder why the consumer is typically on the losing side while lobbyist are always benefiting from our wasteful spending.

Bottom line you can't expect congress to fix an industry for the consumer and break it for the lobbyist of that industry that is throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at them and are directly benefiting from our misery.

Forget fixing obamacare, economy, energy, healthcare, telecom until you restructure existing lobbying influences and laws that allow for our politicians to be thrown infinite amount of money at them from the highest bidders.

Its just silly to expect congress to fix the problem they created with the help of lobbyist who are directly benefiting from a system that is working for them but broken for us.

The consumers didn't ask to be uninformed about buying GMO products, yet the lobbyist have gotten their way and are on the winning side.

The consumers didn't ask to undo net neutrality , yet the lobbyist have gotten their way and are on the winning side.

The consumers didn't ask to be forced to buy insurance, yet the lobbyist have gotten their way and are on the winning side.

The consumers didn't ask to bail out private companies, yet the lobbyist have gotten their way and are on the winning side.

For the most part the only time the consumers gets their way is when they are lied to and marketed by the lobbyist into believing its the right thing to do:
Bailouts: too big to fail
War: fear mongering
Obamacare: people believed they were getting free healthcare with obamacare and now are surprised that they have to pay to not have healthcare.

The only time we as consumers have a glimmer of representations is when Oligopolies have conflicting agendas. For example Telecom industry (comcast,verizon,att) and the Online Tech industries (google,netflix,amazon).

edit on 41228America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2014 11:41:10 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Fix what now???

It is a polished turd. No matter how much shellack you put on it, how how much you rub it, it is still a turd.

And a turd that the majority don't want.

And if you, or anyone here states "Well, people like certain things......" as a response, I swear I'm going to Nuke ATS.

It is a whole product offered. Not this piece and that piece.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Personally, I dislike both the Republican and demmoratic parties, but at this point i don't think healthcare is any worse off than it was to start with maybe a bit more disorganized. I can remember my wife and i having a child in 2009 and the hospital, the doctor and the lab companies trying to rip me off. I asked for an itemized bill and they fought me tooth and nail to send. Finally a year and a half after the fact they send the bill and i kid you not their was a 5000 dollar spontaneous charge from the hospital. I asked what it was and the hospital said it was a spontaneous charge to cover the uninsured. I was one of the uninsured that paid. I threatened legal action and they removed it a day later. The doctor that billed us for the delivery never made it to the delivery room until after a nurse delivered the baby, but charged me 4000 for it.

I don't know what to say, i just think it all needs fixing and we shouldn't have placed a ignorant muslim man in office to do it. Nor should we continue to elect people that support corporate interest.

You liberals that will come in and say bad things about others but wont even look at whom has benefited the most by your "for the people president" should really take a view of whom it is you defend.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

amazing

If there is a problem at work, we don't walk around all day complaining about this problem and how so and so caused it...wait for it...this is groundbreaking...lol...we FIX it, we change it, bit by bit until it's not a problem any more.

So here's this novel Idea, we know that American Health Care system is horrible and is slanted to make insurance companies and big Pharma big money and to stick it to the little guys, us. So we tried to fix it, not that successfully, but it's a start. No everyone says to roll it back, why don't we keep tweaking it and fixing it until it's right. What is wrong with people?

If I buy a house and it needs repairs, I don't sell the house or just walk away from it, I fix it!

But if you bought a house you were told was beautiful and perfect and move in ready and you would love it and it would house you well and you invested 75% of your life's savings into it and after you moved in you found the foundation rotten, the beams soft and the structure compromised and the lights don't even work, the house about ready to implode upon itself in a few months and it would cost you double what the house was worth with funds you didn't have and it still could fall at any moment, and you found out the seller knew it all along and didn't disclose it, you would STILL support it? THAT'S what Obamacare is! Only a fool would continue building upon a sand castle next to the incoming tide.
edit on 13-2-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join