It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J. Simpson Says He's Going to Starve Himself To Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Nucleardoom
reply to post by buster2010

Sorry, but that's the same crime tried twice simple as that, even it it was in separate courts. I'm no fan of O.J., but you don't see the slightest bit of a problem with it? I mean how contradictory can the justice system be? One court acquits you of the crime and then a second finds you guilty OF THE SAME CRIME??? No one thinks that's odd? If that's how the justice system "works" in America it's broke and been that way a long time.

Pay more attention. The first charge was murder the second charge was wrongful death they are not the same charges. The courts were different as well. So it was not double jeopardy the charges was different and the courts were different. If you want to complain do a little research and you will see you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Before complaining about the justice system learn something about it. You cannot be charged twice in the same court and he wasn't the second case against him was a civil court case no jail time was involved just monetary. And he wasn't charged for murder just wrongful death.

OJ just needs to man up and hang himself starving is the wimp way to go because he knows they will force feed him.

Don't care what kind of legal trickery they use, trying someone twice for the same crime is simply evil and just another way for lawyers to make more money and keep corrupt judges in power.

As far as hanging himself he'll probably need to. If he tries a hunger strike it'll take months before he burns off all that extra poundage he's packed on.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good! hes a murderer he deserves it.
The same can be said for your boy Zimmerman. And before anyone breaks out the flamethrowers(not that I'm overly concerned), I think O.J. did it. I KNOW Zimmerman did it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes, unfortunately, one trial was criminal and the other civil. Therefore, Double Jeopardy did not apply to this case.
Many people get confused over how one might be acquited of murder yet found guilty in a civil case regarding the same 'offense'.

I pulled this up to highlight the differences. Courtesy of: NOLO

The first step to understanding this seeming contradiction is to know that a criminal prosecution involves different laws, a different court system, and different burdens of proof.
Specifically, the definition of first degree murder in the context of the O.J. case requires that the act be done with malice aforethought and premeditation. And to convict in the criminal court, the case against the defendant must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
In a civil case for wrongful death, on the other hand, the plaintiffs had to prove only that the defendant’s intentional and unlawful conduct resulted in the victims’ deaths.. The burden of proof in the civil case was preponderance of the evidence -- a much lesser burden than is required in a criminal case.

So, while a criminal jury might reasonably fail to find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and acquit an accused, a civil jury might also reasonably find by a preponderance of the evidence that a defendant’s unlawful conduct results in civil liability.
Is the former football hero Orenthal James Simpson a murderer? A civil jury found it more likely than not that he caused the death of his ex-wife and her friend. A criminal jury was unable to find beyond a reasonable doubt that O.J. committed first degree murder. Legally, the outcomes do not contradict each other.

edit on 13-2-2014 by StarlightNine because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2014 by StarlightNine because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
O.J. Simpson Says He's Going to Starve Himself to Death?

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Bassago

Before complaining about the justice system learn something about it. You cannot be charged twice in the same court and he wasn't the second case against him was a civil court case no jail time was involved just monetary. And he wasn't charged for murder just wrongful death.

OJ just needs to man up and hang himself starving is the wimp way to go because he knows they will force feed him.

Don't care what kind of legal trickery they use, trying someone twice for the same crime is simply evil and just another way for lawyers to make more money and keep corrupt judges in power.

As far as hanging himself he'll probably need to. If he tries a hunger strike it'll take months before he burns off all that extra poundage he's packed on.

Like I told the other person. Learn how to read. He wasn't charged for the same crime twice.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

buster2010

Bassago

Like I told the other person. Learn how to read. He wasn't charged for the same crime twice.

You really don't sound like a condescending ahole when telling us to learn how to read. Good god man we know how to read, at least give us that much. Here is what I have a serious problem with: If you've been acquitted of murder in a court how can you possibly be the cause of a wrongful death of the same individual when you were already exonerated of any involvement of/in the death???

Legally, the outcomes do not contradict each other.

Legally they may not, but from a common sense point of view this is considered a serious conflict.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The talking heads on TV said that the term 'murderer' is a legal term and can only be used for someone who has been convicted of murder. OJ wasn't convicted of murder ... but instead was convicted in a civil 'wrongful death' case. So I'm not sure what the proper term would be to use with him. Killer?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I thought he had brain cancer?

O.J. Simpson has reportedly asked President Obama to set him free so he can treat his life-threatening brain cancer outside prison.

link

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

So then ... maybe he's going to die anyways and he wants to 'go out on his own terms' (his words) .... make some kind of statement instead of letting the brain cancer take him out?? Brain cancer ... not a fun way to die.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I dont think it was ever actually confirmed.

He refused to let the doc's look.

Maybe the hunger thing will get more attention.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If that d-bag didn't have the guts to do it after writing a proper suicide note, taking part in a ridiculous low speed chase while being in possession of a firearm, it'd be impressive if he successfully starved himself to death in american jail.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He's in prison...never been to one but I do know what goes on in prison. I would say with all the protein he's been ingesting, he could starve himself for months before they force feed him. More a stunt for a story in his book he'll write when he get's out. Let him starve..where's the loss? They should just feed him tossed salad till he departs.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Civil court being a lesser court, relies on the 'weight' of the evidence, whereas Criminal court relies on the 'moral certainty' of the innocence or guilt.

Also, the differences being that a Criminal case is brought due to acts that 'society cannot tolerate', such as murder, rape, et al.
Civil cases are what an 'individual can't tolerate' such as theft, destruction of property, et al.

Also the difference between the two is the outcome. Criminally, the consequence is either prison or death. Civilly, the consequence is strictly monetary.

It certainly does wrestle with our common sense. And there are people in the field of Law that will also tell you their frustrations, anger and disbelief regarding some cases.

It's a flawed and sometimes shocking justice system we have. And it isn't geared toward the victim as much as the rights of the accused. Still, I have to say I prefer it over stoning and beheading. Sometimes people will get away with murder.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2014 by StarlightNine because: Due to double post gremlin

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The talking heads on TV said that the term 'murderer' is a legal term and can only be used for someone who has been convicted of murder. OJ wasn't convicted of murder ... but instead was convicted in a civil 'wrongful death' case. So I'm not sure what the proper term would be to use with him. Killer?

I'll take a page from The Shining... "re-redrum"! lol

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hmm..

Will this keep me from having to hear about him ever again?

Yes?

GOOD LUCK OJ!

All the success in the world to you mate.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Baffles me how the hell some people get off with things like this. And I cant see oj saying no to burger and fries!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am surprised that so far, no one has mentioned their feelings of 'race' being an issue of acquittal. Certainly, we as Americans all had our thoughts on that matter.

It isn't wrong to wonder it, question it, especially upon seeing certain reactions and after comments on the case.
There was a lot of division, with 'race' right in the middle of it all, as the trial played out in our living rooms.

It is a valid thought for anyone that may have it. I wonder however, for anyone that does have thought about it, if they are able to present such thoughts in a philosophical, intelligent, and respectful manner.

I remember seeing one news bite that had people cheering and crying with relief upon the verdict of Not Guilty.
It would have distrubed me, no matter who was cheering.

Two beautiful human beings were brutally murdered. Someone (or Orenthal James Simpson himself) took those lives.
The cheering, I felt, was not only distasteful but rather disturbing.

Anyone else have or care to give thought on this specific issue intelligently and respectfully?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Going on a hunger strike.

#YOLO

Right after this big mac.

#YOLO

Me and Marcus Allen went over to see Nicole
When we heard a knock at the door, must have been Ron Gold
Jumped behind the door, put the orgy on hold
Killed them both and smeared blood in a white Bronco (we did it)

edit on 24-2-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join