It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J. Simpson Says He's Going to Starve Himself To Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Simpson wants to starve himself to death so that his pension money won't go to the Goldman or Brown families who were awarded it when Simpson lost a civil case. He wants his money to go to his children. So apparently by dying, the money will go to the kids instead of the families of the people he murdered. (He was found not guilty of the murders but the civil courts then found him liable for the deaths ... so I think it's appropriate to say he is guilty of murder .. but someone with more knowledge of legal-eeze can correct that if I'm wrong on the linguistics)

International Business Times - OJ Simpson on Hunger Strike To Keep Riches from Brown/Goldman Families

Fallen star OJ Simpson is plotting his own death in jail in order to stop his money going to the family of his murdered wife, say reports.

The jailed kidnapper – who was cleared of killing his wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman in 1994 - has apparently gone on hunger strike behind bars and wants to go the whole way by starving himself to death.

Reports from the United States quoted the former NFL player and film star as saying: "I used to live my way and now I'm going to die my own way. I just want to sit down in a corner and die."

Source said Simpson's motive for the drastic step is linked to what shall happen to his wealth upon his death.

He didn't give a rats backend about those kids when he murdered their mother and her friend, and left the dead bodies there for the children to find in the morning when they woke up. Luckily someone else found the bodies and the authorities were able to get the kids out of the house without them having to discover their nearly-decapitated mother laying in a pool of blood on the sidewalk.

He says he wants to 'die on his own terms in his own way' .... he didn't give Nicole or her friend that chance.

I don't care if he starves himself to death. It's no loss for the world.

I doubt he really will starve himself to death.

He's eligible for parole in three years.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This vile man is gutless.

A cruel, bitter gutless cretin and I agree with you, as much as I hope it's a painful way for him to go - he's just too pathetic to actually see it through. It takes people with ball's in plights of highlighting injustice or stuck in an unbearable position. Simpson on the other hand is up to something, I want to say he feels sorry for himself but that's a stretch. It's probably to get a better cell and suicide watch so he has someone to talk too who can't get away from him at 100 miles an hour.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Sounds like a plea for sympathy.

It's far more likely that he will die at the hands of others.

When he gets out of jail, he might want to watch his back.

If I were him, I would state-hop or else leave the country.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good! hes a murderer he deserves it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think he will become hungry and eat something.

You get pretty hungry on a hunger strike.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Karma will come around, and it will be very ugly for him... but poetic for everyone else.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What a idiot.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even let him do that. After a certain point, don't they feed them intravenously?

Not that I care, except for the reason he is doing it.

Godess forbid he actually take responsibility for his actions.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
He's full of crap. He's to arrogant to kill himself. If he wants to go out like a champ, let Ron Goldman's dad kill him.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Fantastic news.

Second.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Pathetic that this is even newsworthy. It's always been attention he craves.

Anyone wanna take a bet that Obama** pardons him before he leaves office?
edit on Thu Feb 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: ** Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Never have understood being not guilty of murder then found guilty of the same murder and ordered to pay financial restitution for it. That disturbs me. If he was found not guilty so be it he shouldn't have been tried in civil court for the same thing imo. The money should go to the kids and no one else. If he wants to die, let him everyone should have that right.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As the late Johnnie Cochran stated:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

Now, whoever said you can't be tried twice for the same crime?

It must have been the same guy who said "Possession is 9/10 of the law."

The justice system in America is a broken joke.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Does the US courts not have a name for that...

Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges following a legitimate acquittal or conviction. In common law countries, a defendant may enter a peremptory plea of autrefois acquit or autrefois convict (autrefois means "in the past" in French), meaning the defendant has been acquitted or convicted of the same offence.

Anyways.. OJ is a sociopath and it is probably because he cannot touch the money himself. And as another ATS member sai.. he is too arrogant to commit suicide...and probably does not have the balls for it anyways.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Nucleardoom
As the late Johnnie Cochran stated:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

Now, whoever said you can't be tried twice for the same crime?

It must have been the same guy who said "Possession is 9/10 of the law."

The justice system in America is a broken joke.

Before complaining about the justice system learn something about it. You cannot be charged twice in the same court and he wasn't the second case against him was a civil court case no jail time was involved just monetary. And he wasn't charged for murder just wrongful death.

OJ just needs to man up and hang himself starving is the wimp way to go because he knows they will force feed him.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Yes but apparently it doesn't apply between civil and criminal cases which makes no sense to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Sorry, but that's the same crime tried twice simple as that, even it it was in separate courts. I'm no fan of O.J., but you don't see the slightest bit of a problem with it? I mean how contradictory can the justice system be? One court acquits you of the crime and then a second finds you guilty OF THE SAME CRIME??? No one thinks that's odd? If that's how the justice system "works" in America it's broke and been that way a long time.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

drivers1492
reply to post by zatara

Yes but apparently it doesn't apply between civil and criminal cases which makes no sense to me.

There is a difference between a murder trial, and a wrongful death suite.
I suggest you do some reading if this causes confusion for you. Double Jeopardy only applies to the murder trial.
2 courts didn't try him for the same crime. That's not how it works.
They are SEPARATE from each other.
edit on 13-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: ignorance

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Well, I guess the gloves saved his ass in the criminal trial and the shoes did him in during the civil trial.

O.J. and the "justice system" are both a joke.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I have done some reading about the differences. The civil suit conviction is based on a at least a 51% probability that he is responsible for their deaths. So, while found not guilty by a 100% jury verdict a person can be found guilty of the same crime under a different name by only 51% and forced to pay restitution in a civil trial. That just makes no sense to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Snarl
Anyone wanna take a bet that Obamarama pardons him before he leaves office?

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read this lmao!

Mark my words, this egolomaniac will NEVER starve himself to death! What a tw@t!!!!

I apologize in adance for my nasty post, but this man has boiled my blood since 1994. The "not guilty" verdict in '95 actually put me into pre-term labor with my oldest child!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join