It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball or a night at the fights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What's the big deal for cryin' out loud?!! I, for one, loved watching those two little fat Mexicans get their a*s handed to them.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What's the big deal for cryin' out loud?!! I, for one, loved watching those two little fat Mexicans get their a*s handed to them.

Rock on!

They got what they deserved from Artest and Co., now lets just hope that the courts give them some jail time or community service....maybe they could wash their faces off the floor of the Pistons stadium.

[edit on 11/23/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yeah Artest...self described tough guy from the streets of NYC...history of violent behaviour, etc, etc

if he had STOOD up to Wallace for his OWN actions...instead of hiding behind everyone during the scuffle...THEN lying on the scorers table...none of that sh** would have happened

what a clown

he'll charge into the stands after someone throws a cup at him... to fight FANS...but run away when A PLAYER punks him in front of thousands ...yeah, that's pretty tough

say goodbye to $5 million, Einstein

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11
yeah Artest...self described tough guy from the streets of NYC...history of violent behaviour, etc, etc

if he had STOOD up to Wallace for his OWN actions...instead of hiding behind everyone during the scuffle...THEN lying on the scorers table...none of that sh** would have happened

what a clown

he'll charge into the stands after someone throws a cup at him... to fight FANS...but run away when A PLAYER punks him in front of thousands ...yeah, that's pretty tough

say goodbye to $5 million, Einstein

I respectfully disagree with you Rayzor. Artest committed a hard foul on Wallace during the course of the game (I wish the Rockets did more of this). Hey, welcome to the NBA. Artest wasn't backing up. He was blasted in the chest by an incredibly large human being with monster guns. I don't consider laying on the scorers table running away. If Wallace really wanted to get to him, nobody would have been able to stop him. The problem I have is that Artest attacked the wrong fan. Up until the point when the fan threw the beer, what had Artest really done wrong. That idiot fan exascerbated the situation. I would have said the fan got what he deserved, but Artest went after the wrong guy. Was what happened after the beer was thrown wrong, absolutely, but it's not like Artest, O'Neal and Jackson aren't paying a heavy price for their actions. Artest is losing 6 mil. from what I heard. Hell, I don't even think the refs called a flagrant on Artest!

Peace out

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I respectfully disagree with you Rayzor. Artest committed a hard foul on Wallace during the course of the game (I wish the Rockets did more of this). Hey, welcome to the NBA. Artest wasn't backing up. He was blasted in the chest by an incredibly large human being with monster guns. I don't consider laying on the scorers table running away. If Wallace really wanted to get to him, nobody would have been able to stop him. The problem I have is that Artest attacked the wrong fan. Up until the point when the fan threw the beer, what had Artest really done wrong. That idiot fan exascerbated the situation. I would have said the fan got what he deserved, but Artest went after the wrong guy. Was what happened after the beer was thrown wrong, absolutely, but it's not like Artest, O'Neal and Jackson aren't paying a heavy price for their actions. Artest is losing 6 mil. from what I heard. Hell, I don't even think the refs called a flagrant on Artest!

Peace out

I agree he went after the wrong man...he SHOULD have stood up to Wallace...no matter how big he might have been...he was brave enough to throw the hard foul (he was called) at a meaningless part of the game....and brave enough to charge after fans - INSTEAD of facing the player in question

watch the video...the melee is still going on and he's acting all uninterested, laying on the scorers table, putting on headphones...when he started the entire brawl. Not condoning the fans' actions at all...just laughing at Artest's "selective toughness"

*edit* excessive long quote warning

[edit on 25-11-2004 by rayzor11]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
I would have tried to hurt the guy that aproched Artest even more than Artest did, he only punched him a couple times. I would have grabbed a chair and beat that fuccccer till the gaurds pulled me off or he was a bloody pulp. THE FANS HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENGAGE A PLAYER, EVER.

Now, having said that Artest should not have done what he did when the guy threw the pop.... But if you notice he didnt punch that guy, just pushed his head to the ground. The punches first came from the fans and then the player protected their buddys and themselfs.

I understand what you call rapper mentality. I don't agree but I can understand.
The basketball court is not the ghetto. Artest is making millions to play a ball game, not to live up to his rep.

But, the biggest mistake he made is going after the WRONG guy. Yep, the guy with the glasses he knocked to the ground was NOT they coward who threw the glass. That guy was too busy moving out of Artest's way. I just hope M Artest is named in the lawsuit brought by that innocent man.

FWIW, Mr Green, the cowardly glass thrower was not even near his assigned seat. He was in that section, and according to witnesses, was moving around a lot. One can only hope he has violated his probation and goes back to finish his term.
And, it is only a matter of time before the guy who threw the chair is identified. The have plenty of film of his face

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join