It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses now need IRS permission to fire employees!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't get why anyone would let the IRS try to dictate something to them they have no authority for, but then the IRS doesn't care, I mean, they don't first check if what they are doing is lawful anyway, based on their actions.. I will never comply with these scum sucking bottom feeding parasites.

Obama loved how well the Mafia, and their tactics got such amazing results for his senate campaign, so he is using the same methods here.
It is time for the IRS to be completely dissolved. They ignore all the laws themselves but are willing to use AR15's to force you to obey laws that aren't actually legal anyways. They think the Constitution was just a suggestion originally. They still do..

This administration is sick and tired of obeying the laws as the constitution provides, and they will not abide by that old rag any more. "America can eat dirt and they will like it" is basically what Obama is telling everyone.. He has said he disavowed referring to his white mother for any reason because he didn't want to ever be beholden to white people. But now he can make all white people beholden to him, and there is no way he is going to pass up the chance to make it happen..

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Obama Administration: "We're going to delay the implementation of certain aspects of the Affordable Care Act to insure that the law is applied equitably ..."

You have been following the fact much of this being done with extensions, waivers, redefining and overall changing the ACA 'on the fly' is neither permissible or has a legal method to achieve it? The President thinks it up and just does it.....as a Monarch might. He's facing multiple suits in Federal court as we speak, over that very assumption of power.

The issues are painfully real and it still shocks me that people demand this be turned into a partisan issue. We all bleed the same..... Repub or Dem..and we all get sick and die the same. We ought to be EQUALLY interested in the system designed to care for that part of life....not make political right/left hay of it.

Rotten..rank hay...that's what I think it becomes, in a big hurry. The American people have left Obama's concept of what is good for this nation and that isn't right. Thats the FULL extent of right/left I see here.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nope, Wrabbit, I don't see it that way.

Let me reiterate that the ACA is not the law that I would have put in place.

Let me also say that I have grave concerns, in general, about the abuse of Executive Power.

In this case, however, the rhetoric is dealing in generalities. Specific actions by the Administration are not being reviewed or discussed.

The assumption is simply that if Obama is doing it, it's wrong, tyrannical, imperial, fascist, whatever-ist.

I'm exhausted with that, honestly. It makes me defend a man I have no confidence in -- a situation that I do not favor.

But this one-sided wailing and gnashing of teeth at anything the man or his Adminstration does is just mind-boggling.

The Executive Branch is responsible for putting the laws into effect. Every President's Administration has an approach.

I just don't see this as some kind of imperial power-grab, sorry.

I see it as trying to create a fair implementation of what the Administration knows is a bad law.

I haven't seen even one action taken that I wouldn't have done myself, were I sitting in that chair.
edit on 13Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:30:20 -060014p012014266 by Gryphon66 because: Fix

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Gryphon66
The assumption is simply that if Obama is doing it, it's wrong, tyrannical, imperial, fascist, whatever-ist.

The size 10 shoe fits, even with it stepping in the crap, all the time.

But..............This is par for the course for both sides within the out of control Govt.

edit on 13-2-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Phage
You know...
Some things are so dumb there's really no point in talking about how dumb they are.

Sure there is. If no one talks about it.. wakes up the nation to it, then no one will fight to stop it. You just cannot ignore these issues ya know.. thats like.. well like a scientist that steadfastly maintains There is No God when he wont even be objective enough to experiment until he gets results one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Happy1
If I don't SWEAR by it - will they send a local cop to come to my house and shoot my dog?

Shoot your dog, beat your children, rape your wife, destroy your house ..... and then charge you with battery on an officer, resisting arrest and 39 other charges.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

bladdersweat
how you pay for raising expense is pass the costs on to the customer. then another relative thing will happen is a short period of inflation before it balances as demand for higher salaries and thresholds of minimum wages. out here it is 7.25 currently, but from what i see around my town is McDonald's doesn't even start lower than $9. I'm in landscaping industry so wages start higher around at least $10, most companies who are trying to have any worker retention usually start higher though. its pretty competitive. and thats a good thing.

And everything is Hawaii is so expensive it's not even funny, and you call that a good thing?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by combatmaster

Sounds simple enough...Now, you're an average guy right? So am I. Where are you raising upwards of a Billion US Dollars for your run? You'll need every penny of that and if you're not among the 2 major parties for party support (No average guy ever will be for that level of support), then it's on you to shoe leather your way to all that dough.

Add to that, you will need to place well in every one of the 50 states by signature petition to get your name on the ballot at all...and that system is stacked against you from the start in every way possible. Whatever loopholes existed to allow for a 3rd party run with real chance to make it, were slammed shut and nailed closed after Ross Perot ALMOST managed to do it.

I'd love to see an average guy run. He'd get my vote, all other things being equal, for just the 'average guy' aspect. The system just wouldn't allow the man to reach a point I'd ever get to see and vote for.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

In other words, the ignorance and lack of knowledge and unity of the American population as a whole has finally taken its toll to the point, where today, few individuals control all others.

Is this basically what you are saying?

You see, my question is more specific. What if 300 million people request that a specific individual be given the presidential seat. Would 300 million people be ignored by the government?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

bladdersweat
Being a business owner here in Hawaii over the last 20 years, it is amusing to watch the rest of the nation adapt to the new healthcare laws. Out here we have had a mandatory employer must provide heath insurance to employees who work over 20 hours. That's a 10 hour difference than the national threshold of 30 hours. This has been a law since 1975, so every kink in the business has already been worked out. business owners from the upper 49 states would do well to study Hawaii business models.

www.loc.gov...
edit on 2/13/2014 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

Yeah. Because the cost of living in Hawaii is what i really want here in Texas.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, up here in Alaska we pay the same prices as Hawaii. I was in Maui a couple of months ago and heard other tourists gasping at the prices at a Safeway. I shrugged my shoulders because I was paying the EXACT same prices for same items at home.

We do have a higher cost of living, but I'd also argue we have a better quality of life. My S.O. moved here from the lower 48 where everything is much, much cheaper. She's the one that pointed it out to me after living up here for a couple of years.

Sure, the milk costs more -- but the jobs pay more. The rent is higher, but the places are nicer. In a way, I see it all balancing out in the long run.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Gryphon66
Here's what I'm hearing:

Right Wing Echo Chamber: "Everything that can be done to delay the implementation of Obamacare must be done; even to shutting down the government!"

Obama Administration: "We're going to delay the implementation of certain aspects of the Affordable Care Act to insure that the law is applied equitably ..."

Right Wing Echo Chamber: "TYRANT! Why aren't you enforcing the laws!"

Obama Admin: It is now illegal for employers to not provide health insurance and we don't give a f@#% what the financial burden might be to said employer.

Employers: Well, the law's the law I suppose. I guess we'll just have to optimize operating costs by cutting positions and hours so we can afford to stay in business.

Obama Admin: Oh no you don't. We'll make THAT illegal too.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Gryphon66
Try getting outside the right-wing echo chamber for your "news" once in a while.

It'll still be crap, but at least, it's the other side of the crap.

More balanced crap, as it were.

I'm actually a very non-partisan person. I couldn't stand Bush after the first year and he just kept getting worse as time went on. Especially with all the executive orders, but it's like each president tries to outdo the previous one with the level of contempt for their own nation.

I don't understand our leaders' lack of respect for the constitution, people say Snowden should be charged with treason... Hah, the most treasonous sonsabitches in the nation work in DC!
edit on 13-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Nope, Wrabbit, I don't see it that way.

Well, as with so many things.. opinions vary.

In this case though, opinion actually has nothing to do with it, as they are pending cases in more than one U.S. Federal Court. We'll get back to opinions when the Judges are done Judging and we don't have pending matters of black letter law and plain Constitutional conflict to work out. Whats amazing to me is the extent of the legal push against both what is happening and HOW it's happening (more that last part, at this stage) in terms of just how very little is being said by Media or general water cooler discussion. Some people, I'd swear, aren't even aware of the fact that more than one very high stakes court case is in the pipeline as we speak.

Time will tell... The folks who honestly claim to see nothing the matter are disturbing tho. On a basic constitutional level, it's deeply disturbing to hear from fellow Americans. We've come to accept almost anything these days.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I see what you mean... So if it was really the CLEAR will of the American people and by proper showing and/or vote for someone outside the party system...would it stand? Well, I'd again note the system has been stacked in every way to insure it never gets there.

Having said that though, there is a reason the system needed stacked so hard in that way to prevent the possibility. Average people and normal citizens work voting booths and man the system from the corner school's polling place to the RNC and DNC at national levels. A lot of crooked scum are in that mix too and far too many ...but there are also too many of those normal people to expect a landslide or overwhelming show of support to one guy to ever be swept under or ignored.

I think your pick would win and would HAVE to win ...lest that actually be so clear, so blatant and so obvious that even people like me would come to say ..uhh.. No. I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I see what you mean... So if it was really the CLEAR will of the American people and by proper showing and/or vote for someone outside the party system...would it stand? Well, I'd again note the system has been stacked in every way to insure it never gets there.

Having said that though, there is a reason the system needed stacked so hard in that way to prevent the possibility. Average people and normal citizens work voting booths and man the system from the corner school's polling place to the RNC and DNC at national levels. A lot of crooked scum are in that mix too and far too many ...but there are also too many of those normal people to expect a landslide or overwhelming show of support to one guy to ever be swept under or ignored.

I think your pick would win and would HAVE to win ...lest that actually be so clear, so blatant and so obvious that even people like me would come to say ..uhh.. No. I don't think so.

I see....

The reason i asked is what i fear. I fear that it has come to a point where nothing less than the example i gave would actually suffice to fix any problem that exists.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So has anyone really sat down adn thought about the implications of needing to ask persmission to make INTERNAL decisions in your own company?

Have you thought about the sheer unbelievability of making a "PROMISE" that you did or didn't do something because of he-said/she-said ???

Do you guys who refuse to connect the dots, who cover your ears and shout "it's all going to be fine"..... Do you honestly not see where this road goes, and how far down it we already are?

There's a great movie about life in East Germany called "Das Leben der Anderen" (The Lives of Others). Right about now in this nation, EVERY AMERICAN should see this movie.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They should just start calling the bill the AHA gotcha! bill.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

8675309jenny

Even Putin is rolling his eyes at how communist we are becoming...
edit on 13-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

Actually Russia has become every bit a everybody for himself Crynoistic country as America that is the stark opposite of communist ideals (although not that far off from soviet methods).

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To be honest, what scares me isn't that he's doing this. It's that his fan club (the vast majority of liberals) will probably be OK with it. That's been the scary part all along. You can't get a liberal to acknowledge that this is crazy and downright scary. They just don't care. Frankly, this is what they want him to do. The point of no return is when people stop caring and start actually encouraging this kind of thing. Once that line is crossed, we're screwed. The only thing that was ever going to stop something like this was public opposition. And frankly, the liberal media is the only thing that can stop government abuse. If they are complicit (and they are), how are we supposed to hold these people accountable? Over 90% of the media is in Obama's corner. The only time when they function as a watchdog is when someone tries to do something they disagree with.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
To be honest, what scares me isn't that he's doing this. It's that his fan club (the vast majority of liberals) will probably be OK with it. That's been the scary part all along. You can't get a liberal to acknowledge that this is crazy and downright scary. They just don't care. Frankly, this is what they want him to do. The point of no return is when people stop caring and start actually encouraging this kind of thing. Once that line is crossed, we're screwed. The only thing that was ever going to stop something like this was public opposition. And frankly, the liberal media is the only thing that can stop government abuse. If they are complicit (and they are), how are we supposed to hold these people accountable? Over 90% of the media is in Obama's corner. The only time when they function as a watchdog is when someone tries to do something they disagree with.

Exactly. It's bad that he's routinely doing these kinds of things, but it's even scarier that it gets no pushback or media coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join