It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses now need IRS permission to fire employees!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Oh like the rose colored glasses out-look from 0bama and others, stating things like, less work will give people more time at home.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I suggested the "other side" Mac, not the same side.

I realize that some are completely committed to a unitarian or absolutist view and while I don't accept that, I do acknowledge it.

You won't find any post of mine anywhere here or anywhere else claiming that President Obama is faultless. Indeed, I think there's plenty to complain about and work against, I just don't think he and his Administration are Evil Incarnate, and I don't accept the piles of BS partisan rhetoric that are stacked up by extremists with an agenda.

I prefer the truth when I can find it. The truth is not rightsided or leftsided.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Gotta watch the blame game here. I know there's a lot of folks on either side of the obama issue, but if you go against him you will be called racist, as my girlfriend in one of her college classes the other day, in an open accusation from her instructor. If you look at who gets rounded up and placed in camps "for their own protection" you will see among the first to go are racists, which will most likely include anyone who has ever publicly spoken out against our leader. IF it happens that way he'll have to "make it so" very soon, lest he finds a way to appoint himself absolute ruler of our once great nation. Then he can go back to biding his time.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheVagabond

Yikes.. That's a touchy subject, isn't it? College instructors and free speech.. Hmm... I'm struggling with that VERY thing this semester myself, more than any previous one. Do you call out a lying faculty member in their own class? Ohhh.. it's tempting. Do you criticize Obama if you know or can see quickly that the instructor is so opposite that view, they'd call you a racist for saying it?

I can't say I've taken that discretion for the better part of valor and stayed quiet. Not always...and I've paid for that insolence at least once I can point to. Was it worth it? Nope....The instructor I'm thinking of probably doesn't even remember the incident or the grade I got in that class which reflected our difference of philosophy on world matters. The difference between an A or a B may mean little to some ...but when it adds into a dozen or two dozen classes to tab an average? ..Well...she knew what she was doing to me, even if I didn't appreciate it at that moment.

Picking ones battles eh? Easier said than done.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Okay then. I stand corrected, in regards to your stance.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I went to College a couple years back. Being a Vet and in my 30's at the time. This picture sums up my experience.

I really can't stand College Campuses.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

TheVagabond
Gotta watch the blame game here. I know there's a lot of folks on either side of the obama issue, but if you go against him you will be called racist, as my girlfriend in one of her college classes the other day, in an open accusation from her instructor. If you look at who gets rounded up and placed in camps "for their own protection" you will see among the first to go are racists, which will most likely include anyone who has ever publicly spoken out against our leader. IF it happens that way he'll have to "make it so" very soon, lest he finds a way to appoint himself absolute ruler of our once great nation. Then he can go back to biding his time.

What are you referring to by "if you look at who gets rounded up and placed in camps, etc." Who has been rounded up and placed in camps anywhere in this country in recent times?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think I've just been lucky not to have had more than a couple instructors so far that let their personal views and politics cloud their professionalism to the point of making them questionable as instructors in the first place. I even had a true, lifelong democrat teaching Poli-Sci that, believe it or not, I ended the class on extremely good terms with and we still nod and chat a bit when we run into each other on Campus. I guess it's all in how someone lets their personal issues become everyone else's issue within a classroom, eh?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I honestly dont get it.

If so many Americans are unhappy with the current status-quo, why doesnt a regular, average guy (not a corporate run political machine individual) run for presidency... im sure that if one gets 300 million votes, he/she will become president regardless of the elitist agenda, no?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

bladdersweat
Being a business owner here in Hawaii over the last 20 years, it is amusing to watch the rest of the nation adapt to the new healthcare laws. Out here we have had a mandatory employer must provide heath insurance to employees who work over 20 hours. That's a 10 hour difference than the national threshold of 30 hours. This has been a law since 1975, so every kink in the business has already been worked out. business owners from the upper 49 states would do well to study Hawaii business models.

www.loc.gov...
edit on 2/13/2014 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

The buisness in the upper 49 are completely able to follow the same model as Hawaii they are just using Obamacare as an excuse to cut costs. They were using the depression as an excuse but, as the economy has picked up steam and profits are coming in they need a new excuse. Of course later they will find something else to blame beyond greed.

As for the OP, if you request and extenstion from the Gov then you should expect they are not going to let you take advantage of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Sounds simple enough...Now, you're an average guy right? So am I. Where are you raising upwards of a Billion US Dollars for your run? You'll need every penny of that and if you're not among the 2 major parties for party support (No average guy ever will be for that level of support), then it's on you to shoe leather your way to all that dough.

Add to that, you will need to place well in every one of the 50 states by signature petition to get your name on the ballot at all...and that system is stacked against you from the start in every way possible. Whatever loopholes existed to allow for a 3rd party run with real chance to make it, were slammed shut and nailed closed after Ross Perot ALMOST managed to do it.

I'd love to see an average guy run. He'd get my vote, all other things being equal, for just the 'average guy' aspect. The system just wouldn't allow the man to reach a point I'd ever get to see and vote for.
edit on 13-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think a good lawyer would be able to get the government to cover the employee expenses if they don't like why your getting rid of people. I see lots of court cases coming up.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What was that snip about the current administration doing 'everything it can to help small business'.

They need to ask for permission to fire employees ?

So much for that 'their business, their rules'.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sounds like this new rule is only going to create more liars. "I swear it has nothing to do with ACA". How many innocent people are going to be maligned because the employer can't afford to keep them but needs to make up some other reason for firing them? IE: They were stealing. They flashed the customers. It's hard to prove a negative so any falsely accused former employees are going to have a very hard time finding another job.
I wonder if those "shovel-ready jobs" were meant to be a hint that we're digging our own graves?
edit on 13-2-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Not wanting to sidetrack the topic, but the last class I did, I chose a topic of home schooling versus public schooling.
The Prof didn't like it, suggested I do something else and threatened me with a poor grade.

Told him to stick (imagine that from me, right?) and did it anyways. Got like a C on it.

College, for me, was a waste of valuable time.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I suppose the way things are going, we won't need to worry much longer anyway. Many cultures choose your path and professional direction when you're still a child and that is what you'll be. Period. That's it, discussion terminated for future plans.

We're not close to that yet, but I can sure see it from the path we're on based on things like this thread story. The decrees and orders from 'on high' are becoming very direct and very micromanagement level. It won't be TOO large a stretch to extend into early development and career tracking while still in lower school levels. Really, I can see the logic now for arguing the crossover as being beneficial to society, hence, necessary to see done.

Scary times...especially when one must account to the Federal Government for basic hiring and firing decisions, made largely necessary by the Governments own orders and actions.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If the companies don't want to deal with this then all they have to do is not file for the delay. The only companies that are having to follow these guidelines are the ones that are wanting the delay.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Welcome Common Core.

But, back on topic.

Gotta love the idea that people are championing this crap, where the Govt is basically Tyrannical in nature.
And, this is due to Both parties being infected by the Progressive mindset.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's what I'm hearing:

Right Wing Echo Chamber: "Everything that can be done to delay the implementation of Obamacare must be done; even to shutting down the government!"

Obama Administration: "We're going to delay the implementation of certain aspects of the Affordable Care Act to insure that the law is applied equitably ..."

Right Wing Echo Chamber: "TYRANT! Why aren't you enforcing the laws!"

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh, I say it all needs to happen, as the law is written.
Delaying and/or changing things is about a corrupt as it gets.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join