It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses now need IRS permission to fire employees!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
AND...... They must SWEAR they are not firing anyone due to Obamacare.

In order to be eligible for the latest extension to the ACA employer mandate businesses must get IRS approval to fire any employees.

All hail the supreme kommandant and his mighty pen!

cnsnews.com...

www.thenewamerican.com...

www.foxnews.com...

This will be a fantastic a creating new jobs.... So now instead of slightly reducing the workforce in order to be able to AFFORD the healthcare you're mandated to provide, smaller companies will simply shut their doors, leaving ALL their employees without work. Or are companies even allowed to go out of business without IRS permission these days?

Even Putin is rolling his eyes at how communist we are becoming...
edit on 13-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

This is so ridiculously asinine that it makes one wonder - "If I don't SWEAR by it - will they send a local cop to come to my house and shoot my dog?"

This idiot administration has gone looney tunes.......

Who can I turn to?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Happy1

This idiot administration has gone looney tunes.......

Who can I turn to?

Kim Jong Un? Oh wait....

To OP: Everything is going according to plan. No need to worry. This is how all those other little laws crawled their way into existence. Start small. End big.

It's beyond ridiculous, but it is happening. Obama has a pen "To make it so", if too many disagree. How many sorry arse employees are going to use this to their advantage after they get fired? Too damned many and THAT is a problem IMO.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well he did say he'd do things his way and the IRS is a direct subordinate agency to the White House, within the executive branch. So...... He's just doing what so many were so recently applauding his statements for. Bypassing Congress and doing whatever it takes to achieve his goals.

Err... not quite what people wanted after all? It may be too late for second thoughts already, I fear. This may also have just started for what we see coming.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This latest trick absolutely proves that an ObamaCare problem exists.

With all the denials and all.

They seem to be admitting it now.

Now ya see it now ya don't.

Hocus Pocus reigns supreme.

Watch for a whole bunch of *Audits* to happen as soon as some specific companies start hour reductions.

*Watch* for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Ah, but not a smidgeon of corruption, remember???????

Oh ye ol IRS :

Idiotic
Run
Sham

A monster getting way out of control!!

-----------------

reply to post by xuenchen

This latest trick absolutely proves that an ObamaCare problem exists.

I actually heard an Obama supporter on the news today, Kirsten Powers, say that she was getting really tired of defending Obamacare. She said that you hear more bad stuff about it than good.

And for her to say that, a strong lefty, and admit to it's many failures was a relief to my ears
Finally someone on the left gets that it's not a left or right issue, but an overall fiasco for ALL Americans

To hell with political play, the AHA is NOT affordable and is a complete mess!!

edit on 13-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

And they're already promising hillary clinton as the next president?????

These people are insane.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

It could be worse... Biden talked about running at one time.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You know...
Some things are so dumb there's really no point in talking about how dumb they are.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Happy1

And they're already promising hillary clinton as the next president?????

These people are insane.

If Hilary becomes President I will for one finally accept that the world is being run from just a small group of people in a single room. I normally attribute world politics to a bunch of groups pushing back and forth, but her being elected…

I'd see it as them playing the long game. Bush in power, destroy the republican image as best as possible (achieve goals in meantime), drop Rama-banana in for with the saviour angle, (achieve all goals and ruin image), you'd expect another swing of the pendulum here, but if Hilary is in it probably just means she still has all those nefarious contacts that had her husband on speed dial.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Happy1

It could be worse... Biden talked about running at one time.

He WILL end up on Hillary's Hit List if he does. She will run and he better sit down, shut up, and grab his ankles like the rest of us have had to do for the last 6 years.

He might be the gaffe master.... but I figure he is far from stupid.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Phage
You know...
Some things are so dumb there's really no point in talking about how dumb they are.

One has to admit there's a bit of irony humor and such, when Person "A" watches "B" stick "B's" foot in "B's" mouth...
... then "A" does exactly what "B" did.

My opinion is there's a certain fraction of people in the US who were put here for the simple purpose of demonstrating to others how people should not behave, and those who run the government didn't learn those life lessons.

edit on 2/13/2014 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

My opinion is there's a certain fraction of people in the US who were put here for the simple purpose of demonstrating to others how people should not behave, and those who run the government didn't learn those life lessons.

Good, good stuff.
When I was a young man I had such a tutor. He taught me a lot about how not to be.
He ripped me off big time, I haven't seen him since but the funny thing is, if I ran into him, I'm sure I'd be glad to see him and give him a huge hug.

Which actually has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Never mind.

edit on 2/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The sad thing is, I'm personally at a point where I really need to hire some employees to keep up with my growing business and everything with all this Obamacare nonsense just makes me wary of having anything but maybe 2 part-time people.

It makes everything more daunting for a young business owner and then the complicated ($$$) accounting required with ACA affecting taxes etc etc.

This whole thing has turned into a farcical monster.
edit on 13-2-2014 by 8675309jenny because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This HAS to be illegal. It makes no sense!

Does it?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Being a business owner here in Hawaii over the last 20 years, it is amusing to watch the rest of the nation adapt to the new healthcare laws. Out here we have had a mandatory employer must provide heath insurance to employees who work over 20 hours. That's a 10 hour difference than the national threshold of 30 hours. This has been a law since 1975, so every kink in the business has already been worked out. business owners from the upper 49 states would do well to study Hawaii business models.

www.loc.gov...
edit on 2/13/2014 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
how you pay for raising expense is pass the costs on to the customer. then another relative thing will happen is a short period of inflation before it balances as demand for higher salaries and thresholds of minimum wages. out here it is 7.25 currently, but from what i see around my town is McDonald's doesn't even start lower than $9. I'm in landscaping industry so wages start higher around at least $10, most companies who are trying to have any worker retention usually start higher though. its pretty competitive. and thats a good thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Try getting outside the right-wing echo chamber for your "news" once in a while.

It'll still be crap, but at least, it's the other side of the crap.

More balanced crap, as it were.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

beezzer
This HAS to be illegal. It makes no sense!

Does it?

Doesn't seem to matter under this regime errr administration. Just when is someone going to stand up and tell obama that he's not a king, that as President even he has rules that he has to follow. Or did we lose that somewhere with a stroke of a pen?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Yeah, and the work ethic there isn't so much.
Also, don't you guys have some of the highest rates on items like Milk, Gas and other items?
Also, don't you guys have the "locals" card, that basically subsidizes the above mentioned purchases??

Also...your economy is heavily dependent on tourism. Most States are not.

So.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join